Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:35:48 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ash's Badmovies.org Christmas Drawing! New Prize Update! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ash's Badmovies.org Christmas Drawing! New Prize Update!  (Read 16730 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: December 02, 2006, 11:22:20 AM »

Remember that contest I won last year?

Well, I've decided to give a little something back to this great community of ours!
(I had to do something to make up for the times I was a real ass didn't I?)

I'm going to hold a 2006 Christmas Drawing with not one...not two....yes, three winners!   Smile

You see, I still haven't spent all of that prize.
I still have around $3,000 in gift cards and about $2,500 to spend at Sony.

I am offering 3 prizes.
All are good quality Sony products.
Nothing super fancy, but still cool nonetheless!

3rd prize is:
A big AM-FM Sony Alarm Clock  (to make sure you get up for work on time!)
($15-$25 value)

2nd prize is:
An awesome Sony 4-Band Shower Radio!
(I have this same unit in my own shower and every day, I rock out to the tunes it spews...It gets great reception and you can even listen to local TV stations on it!)
($50 value)

Grand prize is:
Sony Wireless Stereo Headphones!
I own this particular item...all I can tell you is that they're friggin' awesome!
(Infrared technology with a vibrate feature...Yes, these bad boys will vibrate on your head in full stereo while you watch your favorite movie!...They're also video game compatible...The vibrate feature can be turned on or off and the vibration intensity level can be adjusted via a small dial on the right side of the headphones)
($100 value)

To enter:
You must be a confirmed registered member of this forum. (no Guests!)
Please submit one entry per person only by responding to this post and typing the sentence "Count me in!"  (You don't need to give any personal info)
You must be a resident of the United States.  (sorry dean)
(Andrew, you can enter too)

On December 9th, I will write down everyone's entry on slips of paper.  I will record a video on my Sony DVD Handycam of me dumping them all into a yet undecided receptacle and then drawing each of the three winning names.
I will then post that video on Youtube and you can view the results for yourself next Saturday night/Sunday.
I'll post the link to the video here on this forum immediately after the drawing.

THIS WILL BE A FAIR & RANDOM DRAWING!

If you are a winner, send me a PM and I'll get your name & address.
Don't worry...I've got the shipping covered.

All I ask is that I not be held liable for any defective merchandise.
No refunds or re-drawings, etc...

ENTER BY 12AM DECEMBER 9TH TO BE ELIGIBLE.

Why am I doing this?
Out of the generosity of my heart of course!
 Wink

I want us all to have a good Christmas this year and I still have some $$ to spend.
That, and I've never actually ran a contest before.

I look forward to seeing your entry.
This contest is no joke.
If you really want to win one of the items above, submit your entry right away!

(By the way, the company that ships out these prizes is notoriously slow.  Don't be suprised if you get your prize sometime after the first of the year in 2007.
Either way, you'll get your prize if you're a winner)

What are you waiting for?
Submit your entry now!   TeddyR
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 06:56:15 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 03:21:07 PM »

Yay! Free stuff! Yay! Count me in!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 03:26:35 PM »

What a great idea Ash, thank you. Count me in.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 05:35:37 PM »

Count me in!

I've been wanting a good pair of wireless headphones for my computer.  They would seriously come in handy.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 05:43:13 PM »

Now I remember why I posted this stupid avatar.

Count me in!

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 06:41:20 PM »

Count me in, Ash, but if I win, rather than sending me a gadget, could you make a cash donation (in the amount of your choosing) to Second Harvest?  That's what is on my Christmas list this year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
dean

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 08:16:06 PM »

Count me in...

Oh wait...  Buggedout      Bluesad

Oh the grief you have caused me!!!   TeddyR

It's a great idea Ash.  I've also been in a suspiciously good mood this Christmas season, and have been doing all sorts of nonsense in reaction to that.  I figure it's because I had a crappy start to the year, but things have improved muchly since then, so now I'm all happy happy and joy and as such I've been making an effort to give a bit more to charities and friends.

On a side note, those headphones sound a bit odd.   How do they react with the vibrate function [as in is it low bass that sets em off or something else?] and how reliable is the infra-red?  Not asking because I'm after a pair [I hoping for a new set of headphones for christmas from work this year] but am interested because we have the occasional need for wireless headphones, and whilst the ones we use are much better [radio frequency, so you can walk outside and they still work] I'm always keeping my eyes out for alternatives.

Also, on another note, are you a Sony advocate disguised as a member of this board?  Evil Sony corporation...

Anyways, luck to those in the running, and an early best wishes for the season!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Ash

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 02:55:44 AM »

One of the reasons I'm doing this is because I've bought up pretty much everything I need from that Sony part of the prize.
There are a lot of items on their website that I already have and I still have quite a bit of cash to spend there.
What better way to make a few people happy than with some neat prizes?   Cheers

Dean, the vibrate feature on those headphones is similar to the rumble feature in an Xbox or PS2 controller, only it's adjustable.  And best of all, it's not distracting.

The infra-red is great, until you walk out of the line of sight, say, into another room.
I've had them on while watching a movie and got up to go to the bathroom and they cut out the moment I went in there.  They instantly came back on when I returned to the living room.
According to the manual, the infra-red receiving area is cone shaped.

And see that inner strap on them?  The one that makes contact with the top of your head?
That's actually the on/off switch.
When you put the headphones on your head, they turn on.  When you take them off, they turn off.
These are some top quality headphones!
Especially when watching war movies or any other films with a lot of gunfire.
Try watching Saving Private Ryan while wearing these.  It'll blow you away!
They're also great for gaming.  Hook 'em up to the RCA inputs on the back of your TV and play Xbox or PS2 all you want in full stereo.

Sorry ulthar, if you win, you'll get one of the prizes.  No cash donations.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 03:22:33 PM by Ashthecat » Logged
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 05:35:06 AM »

Count me in! A chance at free swag suits my lazy self.

Ulthar, if you win maybe you could donate the prize to a local charity or a thrift store run by a charity. Too late for X-Mas looks like, but it could still go toward doing some small good if you're set on a donation being made.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
ulthar

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 08:30:35 AM »

Sorry ulthar, if you win, you'll get one of the prizes.  No cash donations.

Okay.  Take me off the list, then.  It's a nice gesture; someone else can enjoy the prize.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
ulthar

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 08:37:14 AM »

Ulthar, if you win maybe you could donate the prize to a local charity or a thrift store run by a charity. Too late for X-Mas looks like, but it could still go toward doing some small good if you're set on a donation being made.

I thought about that, and that IS a good thought.  However, there are folks here that need basic necessities.  Food, coats to keep warm, stuff like that.  True, we DO buy toys for the children, but that is what THEY "need."  Unfortunately, none of these gifts qualify as a basic need for an adult or as a toy for a child.  Food is big on my list, and the local food bank here does a LOT of good in this regard.  They are my #1 'charity.'

It is a nice gesture on Ash's part.  I am not trying to slam that at all.  I'm just in a certain place with Christmas these days and have to stay true to that.

--Real Genius
Menard
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 09:26:38 AM »

I thought about that, and that IS a good thought.  However, there are folks here that need basic necessities.  Food, coats to keep warm, stuff like that.  True, we DO buy toys for the children, but that is what THEY "need."  Unfortunately, none of these gifts qualify as a basic need for an adult or as a toy for a child.  Food is big on my list, and the local food bank here does a LOT of good in this regard.  They are my #1 'charity.'

It is a nice gesture on Ash's part.  I am not trying to slam that at all.  I'm just in a certain place with Christmas these days and have to stay true to that.

Do you have a Paypal account, Ulthar? If so, I'm fairly certain that a good number of us would be willing to make a donation to provide to your charity for the holidays.

*I apologize for taking your thread off topic momentarily, Ash.
ulthar

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 01:27:26 PM »

Do you have a Paypal account, Ulthar? If so, I'm fairly certain that a good number of us would be willing to make a donation to provide to your charity for the holidays.

Thanks.  You can go straight to the source and eliminate me as the middle man:  Second Harvest Food Bank Locator. They are actually kinda picky about getting donations from outside their 'zone,' but if there's not one in your area, the one I give to is Harvest Hope Food Bank in Columbia, SC.

As an aside, these food banks take food donations as well as cash.  They can do a LOT with cash - because of their non-profit status and working with wholesalers, they can buy 11 lbs of food for each $1 donated.

*I apologize for taking your thread off topic momentarily, Ash.

Ditto.  If anyone has any additional questions, we can start a separate thread.

--Real Genius
Ash

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 08:02:21 AM »

Just thought I'd post the official Sony descriptions of each prize.

"Sony's AM/FM Huge Display Clock Radio is bound to wake the soundest of sleepers with its Super Loud Alarm Setting! Additional features include a Dual Alarm, an AM/FM Clock Radio which allows you to wake up to music or the alarm, a Space-Conscious Tube Design with an Adjustable Display Angle, Full Power Back-up, and a Huge (1.4") Green LED Display making it easy to see what time it is. Also featuring Brightness Control, 3 Level Alarm Volume (Super Loud, Medium, Quiet), a Snooze Bar, and a Sleep Timer, this clock radio makes getting up in the morning a little easier."

"Tune into your favorite radio station in the shower with Sony's AM/FM/TV Weather Band Shower Radio! Its Splash Resistant Multi-Band Radio makes it ideal for the bathroom, shower, spa or sauna. Digital AM/FM/TV/Weather Band Reception allows you to choose from the wide variety of radio talk shows and music programming, plus sound from TV channels 2-13 along with weather band broadcasts. Sony's ICF-S79V -- don't shower without it!"

"Pump up the volume and groove about your listening room as you enjoy music or TV soundtracks with Sony's MDR-IF540K Wireless Headphone System. This complete kit includes a transmitter and headphones offers features like a lightweight, open-air design, 30 mm drive units for deep bass, Automatic On/Off, and a Vibration Function (with level volume) for an exciting game and movie experience. Also utilize the Two Audio Inputs to accommodate audio and video sources, the Rechargeable Battery, Up to 45 Hours of Battery Life (optional alkaline battery), a Transmission Range up to 24 feet, and a Transmission Coverage angle up to 90°. The MDR-IF540K enables an easy connection to your home audio system, TV, PC or VCR. Hear the difference!"

I know some of you out there want to win one of these cool items.
What are you waiting for?
Enter now!   Smile
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 07:01:04 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
Ash

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 08:42:03 AM »

Come on ulthar!
Please rejoin the drawing.   Smile

And how about you Menard?
I know you'd like to win one of these prizes!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 09:11:00 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ash's Badmovies.org Christmas Drawing! New Prize Update! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.