Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:58:08 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Girlfriend from Hell « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Girlfriend from Hell  (Read 3948 times)
Trevor the Rat
« on: February 14, 2002, 04:52:28 PM »

I love this movie. I found if for 10 bucks at a video store when i was 12 and it remains one of my favorites til this day. it's also fun to watch because i know LIANE CURTIS who plays the devil herself "maggie". I got IVE release, the uk release and the double feature release tape where it comes on a tape with lobster man from mars. anybody else seen and liked or didn't like this movie?
John
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2002, 09:43:30 PM »

I've always wanted to see this film, I'm still looking for it. Lezlie Dean("976-EVIL", "FREDDY'S DEAD") is in this film, does she have a bg part, who does she play?
Trevor the Rat
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2002, 10:32:41 PM »

she's the friend of Maggie (nerd,devil(liane curtis)) who sets her up on the blind date, pushes her to go to the party, and is the only survivor (up until the end when everyone is revived)  and spends the second half of the movie hanging around with Chaser trying to save her friend from being "discarded like an old suit" by the devil.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2002, 11:39:17 PM »

I'm pretty sure my local place has a used copy for sale; I might have to get it (at this point, the b-movies I've bought from them could seriously fill a decent sized bookcase).
Trevor the Rat
pff
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2002, 09:38:19 AM »

don't you just love how all these people buy random movies they've never seen just for the sole purpse of having a lot of movies? and then proceed to brag about it as if it's some kind of achievment. i know it's their money but doesnt it make sense to buy the movies you know you're going to like? i mean i'm 17 and own over 300 movies and can proudly say my collection mostly consists of movies i actually like if you can believe that. unless the movie is impossible to find and i really want to see it or it's under 5 bucks and has known hype i check em out first. oh well.......
Lee
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2002, 10:47:03 AM »

I love this flick!
Vermin Boy
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2002, 03:28:20 PM »

I don't buy movies just so I can brag about how many movies I have; I buy them a) because the types of movies I watch are generally the types old rental places are getting rid of to make room for new releases, b) so I can watch them at my own discretion without having to deal with late fees (I live out in the sticks, so by the time I can get them back, it's usually cheaper just to buy the damn things), c) so I can show them to my friends later on without having to shell out the money again, and d) so I usually have a backlog of movies to watch when I get bored. If I don't like a movie, I'll sell it, but I can usually find some reason or another to go back and watch it at some point or another. And I very rarely buy a movie without reading several reviews, to see if it seems like the kind of movie I'd like. In this case, GfH is a movie I've read numerous positive things about on this message board, which have piqued my curiosity.
AndyC
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2002, 04:06:39 PM »

"Don't you just love how all these people buy random movies they've never seen just for the sole purpse of having a lot of movies?"

All what people? I can't say I've noticed any on this board. I see one guy who wants to by a specific movie, based, to some degree, on your recommendation.
Trevor the Rat
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2002, 05:59:16 PM »

don't freak out guys it was more advice than a put down. vermin your reasons are the same as mine when i buy movies without seeing em. Jesus H. Christ you guys are always ready to jump on my ass for saying anything but positive remarks.
Lee
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2002, 12:33:56 AM »

Don't worry Trevor I got your back! Maggie is awesome in this flick! It's cool to see her go from the wallflower she starts out as to the wild, demonically possesed chick that we have come to know and love. I know I've probably mentioned this before, but if anybody knoews where I can find this cool flick, let me know. I will return the favor anyway I can.
Trevor the Rat
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2002, 03:44:08 AM »

yeah man, only liane curtis (a really nice person by the way)  could pull off the true b***hyness a female devil. none of that elizabeth hurly bulls**t in bedazzled.
Lee
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2002, 10:26:32 AM »

No s**t!
Trevor the Rat
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2002, 01:30:39 AM »

no s**t no s**t.......
Lee
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2002, 11:48:47 AM »

LOL!!! I would really like to see the uncensored version. The one I saw was on ComedyCentral and was edited for TV I'm sure. Can anybody tell me what got cut out if anything was?
Trevor the Rat
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2002, 04:06:41 AM »

there's not that much to censor with this one besides the word "f**k" except a scene where they get zapped to a stripclub and chaser dances on stage with a stripper who reveals her breasts. damn, i remember when it was on comedy central. that was before you got comedy central with basic cable and had to have a dish.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Girlfriend from Hell « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.