Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:15:40 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent DVD Purchases (Aka, darn you all) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Recent DVD Purchases (Aka, darn you all)  (Read 9058 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: December 06, 2006, 10:39:37 PM »

Well, I was once again tempted into picking up some DVDs after discussion or posts on here caught my interest or plain old reminded me that I needed to get the films.  Today "Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare," "The Devil's Sword," and "Rocky Horror Picture Show/Shock Treatment" all arrived.  I was hoping to watch one tonight, but got to working on the site after the little ones were in bed.  Still updating reader reviews and all that.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 10:41:39 PM »

I'm working the night shift tonight, and I'm watching The Devil's Sword right now on my portable DVD player.

It's......an interesting film to say the least.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
zombiedudeman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 12:39:11 PM »

over the last couple weeks and after getting money from ebay sales, just got

Doctor Gore
Bloody Pit of Horror
Robotrix
Bad Boy Bubby
Maniac Cop
Virgin Springs
Man Bites Dog
The Black Klansman
Coonskin (cartoon by the guy that did Wizards and Fritz the Cat)
Stone Age Warriors (it has Ricky from Story of Ricky!)

still waiting in the mail for

Witch with the Flying Head
Hard Boiled (most uncut version)
Dr. Lamb uncut version (CAT III film)
Puma Man
Love to Kill (another CAT III film)
Master of the Flying Guillotine
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 03:49:15 PM »

ZombieDudeMan,

Did you buy the copy of Hard Boiled from hkflix.com?  I purchased it last year as it's supposed to be completely uncut.....don't expect a great disc.  The video quality is crap and the audio isn't very good either.  I've found the Meh-Ah version to be the best, despite a few cuts.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 06:24:11 PM »

Also waiting on this one myself, from an Ebay seller.  I am a bit concerned about it, as Ebay shows the sellers account is no longer registered.  I sent them a message and am waiting to see the reply.  Worst case, I will have to file a claim with Paypal or my credit card company.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
zombiedudeman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 07:38:25 PM »

Also waiting on this one myself, from an Ebay seller.  I am a bit concerned about it, as Ebay shows the sellers account is no longer registered.  I sent them a message and am waiting to see the reply.  Worst case, I will have to file a claim with Paypal or my credit card company.

"fuzzy misa" or something like that right? I've bought from that seller in the past, all her stuff is bootlegs and ebay cracked down hard on bootleggers latley so her account is gone. The last time I ordered fom her it took 3 months but she threw in an extra movie to make up for the wait. I wonder why she takes so long though  Question
zombiedudeman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 07:41:25 PM »

ZombieDudeMan,

Did you buy the copy of Hard Boiled from hkflix.com?  I purchased it last year as it's supposed to be completely uncut.....don't expect a great disc.  The video quality is crap and the audio isn't very good either.  I've found the Meh-Ah version to be the best, despite a few cuts.

I bought it off ebay but it's the same DVD that hkflix has. Wow that sucks, you get to see more people killed..but at the cost of the entire movie  Buggedout
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 07:58:25 PM »

Hate to hijack this thread with the Hard Boiled stuff, but I love the film.

Zombie,

It's not that bad, but it's not really worth the amount I paid.  At the time, I think I paid around 20.00 or so for the DVD from Hkflix.com.  After seeing it, I found this:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdcompare5/hardboiled.htm

It's a complete rundown of the major versions of the film, including the Long Shong version which is the uncut version.

I'm just curious, have you seen the film previously?  If not, you're in for a hell of a film.

Torgo

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 10:10:51 PM »

I found the flipper disc of Last Action Hero this past weekend that has the widescreen on one side and horribly cropped full screen on the other.

Usually, I could only find the full frame version only. I had tried ordering the widescreen twice before and they would send only the full fram version.

Yeah, I know, people hate this movie. But as a huge Arnold fan it has its moments.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 03:50:03 PM »

I watched Rock and Roll nightmare in class. Well, we only watched the beginning of it, but that was enough. The scene of the van driving down the road was excruciatingly long. At one point the camera is locked down to a tripod while the van rolls over a hill a good mile away and the shot holds on the van coming towards the camera for the whole time it takes the van to pass by. And then the scene keeps on going, still observing the van as it goes to its destiny.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 11:00:36 PM »

Ah, with "Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare," you have to get close to the end.  Some things happen in the middle, especially the classic line, "Let's Tune Our Weapons," but it is the last about 10 or 15 minutes when everything goes crazy.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
zombiedudeman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 02:31:10 AM »

Hate to hijack this thread with the Hard Boiled stuff, but I love the film.

Zombie,

It's not that bad, but it's not really worth the amount I paid.  At the time, I think I paid around 20.00 or so for the DVD from Hkflix.com.  After seeing it, I found this:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdcompare5/hardboiled.htm

It's a complete rundown of the major versions of the film, including the Long Shong version which is the uncut version.

I'm just curious, have you seen the film previously?  If not, you're in for a hell of a film.

Never did get to see it before, I usually avoid a movie until I could find an uncut version. I've seen Killer though, one of my fav films, insane gun fights!
zombiedudeman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 02:33:12 AM »

Ah, with "Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare," you have to get close to the end.  Some things happen in the middle, especially the classic line, "Let's Tune Our Weapons," but it is the last about 10 or 15 minutes when everything goes crazy.

yeah the weird revelation near the end I didn't expect at all, it's like a totally random way to end the movie, plus the battle was cool haha
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 06:42:00 AM »

Just got COUNT YORGA-VAMPIRE...not tobad. LOTS of hot looking vampire chicks! And the one vampiress eating a cat is cool! Oddly enough,the title on the screen says it's called the LOVES of COUNT IORGA(?) .It could have used some boobie action. And parts end too soon! When two of Yorga's vampire babes are fixing to make-out-SWITCH! When the weird Igor type is fixing to get his freak on with a hot victum-SWITCH! I think it would have been a lot better of a film with a little more sexploitation.(I sound like a lecher.)
ALSO picked up,at aused video sale...
MONTY PYTHON'S MEANING of LIFE
JFK
ANGEL UNCHAINED (with Don Stroud and Tyne Daly)
WAR of the COLASSAL BEAST -Yeah!!!!
and ACE VENTURA-PET DETECTIVE (for the kids)
And my old lady let me pick a selection from her Columbia house thing-the FRANKENSTIEN box set ,which has FRANKENSTIEN, BRIDE of -,SON of,GHOST of-, and HOUSE of FRANKENSTIEN! Too bad it ain't got F.meets the WOLFMAN(sigh).

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006, 09:15:36 AM »

Zombie,

Yeah, The Killer is one of my favorites as well.  I have an original one-sheet for the film above my couch in my entertainment room.  Always gets quite a reaction.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent DVD Purchases (Aka, darn you all) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.