Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:42:30 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  double name movies p**s me off. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: double name movies p**s me off.  (Read 6819 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« on: December 07, 2006, 05:17:43 PM »

Ahg. Theres a handful of movies out there that i would love to get my hands on, but whenever look for them, i dont know what name to look under coz they have 2 names!!

For example.
*spaceship/naked space

*drunken wu tang/taoism drunkard

Well, i guess thats all. Not really a handfull, but still frusrating!!! EEhhhh..... the end.

-KYGOTC

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 06:13:35 PM »

There are a lot of movies that do this, for various reasons.  It really becomes frustrating when another movie's title is a close match for that second name too.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 07:43:42 PM »

Death Farm
AKA Demented Death Farm Massacre: The Movie
AKA Hillbilly Hooker
AKA Moonshiners' Women
AKA Shantytown Honeymoon
AKA Honey Britches (hee-hee-hee!)

How about sextuple names?

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
zombiedudeman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 07:52:06 PM »

One time I bought a DVD multi pack cause it had a movie called "Zombie Hell House", turns out it was "House by the Cemetery". The same DVD pack had "Zombie Flesh Eaters" which is also known as

Ghost Ships of the Blind Dead
Horror of the Zombies
Noche del buque maldito, La
Ship of Zombies (USA)
The Blind Dead 3 (USA)
The Ghost Galleon
Zombie Flesh Eater (USA) (DVD title)

ugh, those aka titles are so annoying, some of them can even be confused with other unrelated movies
Fearless Freep

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 11:56:08 PM »

I run into this a lot with martial arts movies.  Heck a lot of times the movie I get was originally two movies.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 12:55:01 AM »

How about octuplet names? 

Halloween: Resurrection
    Halloween: MichaelMyers.com
    Halloween H2K: Evil Never Dies
    Halloween H2K
    Halloween: Evil Never Dies
    Halloween: The Homecoming
    Halloween: Homecoming
    Halloween 8

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 05:06:16 AM »

Al Adamson, of DRACULA vs FRANKENSTIEN infamy, was notorious for multiple titles.for example:HORROR of the BOOD MONSTERS:
(1967)aka-
CREATURES OF THE PREHISTORIC PLANET
HORROR CREATURES OF THE PREHISTORIC PLANET
SPACE MISSION OF THE LOST PLANET
VAMPIRE MEN OF THE LOST PLANET

MURDER GANG(1975 aka:
BLACK HEAT
GIRL"s MOTEL

NURSE SHERRI((1978)aka
BEYOND THE LIVING
HOSPITAL OF TERROR
HANDS OF DEATH (I got it on vhs under this title)
KILLERS CURSE
TERROR HOSPITAL

BLOOD OF GHASTLY HORROR (1972) aka
THE FIEND WITH THE ATOMIC BRAIN
THE LOVE MAINIAC
YHE MAN WITH THE SYNTHETIC BRAIN
THE FIEND WITH THE ELECTRONIC BRAIN ( Incidently this film was made from butchered parts of a much earlier Adamson film called PSYCHO a GO-GO-...love that title!)
  Lotsa low budget films are retitled for oversea markets,video releas and or rerelease, as FRANKENSTIEN vs.DRACULA was rereleased in the late 70's as TEENAGE DRACULA!!!!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 06:31:58 AM »

Retitling was common when films got regional releases or played smaller circuits rather than "four walling", or a national release all at once. The title change was often an attempt to boost the performance of a film that had not done well where it had already played. Or to hide that the film's owners were trying to sell that film if the word had gotten around about it, simple misdirection. There were also changes to play to certain perceived regional tastes in films.

Glen or Glenda? also went by He or She, I Changed My Sex, I Led 2 Lives, and The Transvestite.

I can see changes for foreign markets, due to language differences or different tastes.

How about when a film may or may not have different titles but significantly different versions of it are circulating. Jess Franco films are notorious for this, with different mixes of nudity, hard-core sex scenes, gore, storylines (when he actually has them). Often no true "definitive" version exists.

What I hate is when a title gets recycled for an unrelated film. You apparently can't copyright titles, but when a certain title is associated with a prominent, classic, or notorious film, I hate when something else uses the title. I can understand using a title that hasn't been used in years or decades, but still not a fan of it.

Fire Down Below - a weak boring Robert Mitchum/Jack Lemmon flick or one more Steven Segal waste of time?

Last Man Standing - The Bruce Willis gangster remake of Yojimbo or a modern day crime film with Jeff Wincott, or another film, or an Australian TV series?

Nobody's Fool - A great Paul Newman flick or a forgetable comedy with Rosanna Arquette and Eric Roberts from the 80s? Also some that are much older.

Bullitt - the Steve McQueen classic or Bullet a dull Tupac Shakur/Mickey Rourke flick, yeah I know the spellings are different. IMDB also lists about six other films called Bullet, most of which are from India.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Katie
B-Movie Widow
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 12:09:43 PM »

No one is more p**sed about this than me!  It is bad enough my husband subjects me to some of these fine fims, but then to have it show up a week later under a different name is doublely painful.  I recall one time he let me pick the nightly movie.  I of course read the backs, looked at the lengh, and made my choice.  I found a film that didn't seem too bad.  We started watching it and we had just seen the same film the week prior.  We compared boxes and neither were true reflections of the actual film. 
raj

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 03:21:39 PM »

Hi Katie, glad to see you aboard!

I think I've only encountered this a couple of times on rentals for eminently forgettable films.  Usually I'm pretty good about vaguely remembering plots, so it doesn't happen too often.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 07:55:15 PM »

Sometimes I see a title at the store that sounds like something I might have seen under a different title and then go home to research the title usually at imdb. If it sounds good and I haven't seen it before I'll pick it up the next time I'm in the area if the price is right.

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 11:02:23 PM »

Sorry about that everyone, sometimes I forget to lock the closet and she gets out during the day.

Yes, the "War of the Robots" and "Reactor" screw-up is one she will probably not let me forget for some time.  The moment the little Dutch Boy robots appeared on the screen, the game was up.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 01:04:24 AM »

This evening, I came across a copy Bad Manners in the $1 DVD bin at Wal-Mart. It wasn't the movie revewed by Andrew on this site. I don't know what it was.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 05:47:33 PM »

Some I've reviewed...
Mutant aka Night Shadows
The Freakmaker aka The Mutations
Pranks aka The Dorm That Dripped Blood

I think movies with double names think they may actually think the movie will loose its crap value if they have several names.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006, 06:15:20 PM »

This evening, I came across a copy Bad Manners in the $1 DVD bin at Wal-Mart. It wasn't the movie revewed by Andrew on this site. I don't know what it was.

Bad Channels, maybe?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  double name movies p**s me off. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.