Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:13:21 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  They should have made the movie about that « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: They should have made the movie about that  (Read 9160 times)
Viktorcrayon
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 06:33:03 AM »

For me, that mostly happens if an actor does an really interesting bi-character, that you want to see all the time.

Brad Dourif and Crispin Glover always do that for me, when they are not in the lead.
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 08:21:46 AM »

After seeing Goldmember, which I found mostly unfunny and played out, I wanted them to make a movie just about Austin's dad and Mimi Me. They were the only funny stuff in the movie, and Michael Caine seemed to be having a ball with the character.

From Deadwood: the back stories of pretty much any of the more prominent characters would be worth seeing more of: Swearengen, Doc, Bullock, Cy, even badass Wu.

Your Brad Dourif mention, Viktorcrayon, brought that to mind. His character is carrying around guilt and traumatic memories of the Civil War and has admitedd in a roundabout fashion to graverobbing from his medical training days (not uncommon at the time).

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 08:50:29 PM »

I would really like to see a movie about the life of Carlos Hathcock, unfortunately I don't think it will ever be made.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Flangepart

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2006, 02:12:00 PM »

I would really like to see a movie about the life of Carlos Hathcock, unfortunately I don't think it will ever be made.
Got yer back there, Brother.
Did you see the Mythbusters where they tried to replicate the story of how he killed the NVA sniper sent out to kill old "White feather"? The classic "Through the other snipers scope" shot?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Flangepart

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2006, 02:15:44 PM »

I say pick just about any Star Wars character who wasn't the subject of the main plot and there you go.  Examples, Boba Fett, IG88 and just about any of the bounty hunters.  They should have done a gritty movie on them instead of the prequels.   As long as George Lucas didn't direct it that is.

I have a book at home called "Bounty Hunter Tales" which basically gave a storyline to each of the Bounty Hunters on the bridge in Empire Strikes Back.  Some of them were pretty interesting.
I second that. Good book.
My bid is for the X-WING series, with the pilots of Rogue squadron. Mike Stackpole is a killer writer, and these books work for me. The Jedi may be the Rebellions "Special forces", but the rogues are the Marines of said rebellion.
The avarage guys and galls that do the bulk of the job of crushing the Empire.
Works for me.

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2006, 11:18:23 PM »

Did you see the Mythbusters where they tried to replicate the story of how he killed the NVA sniper sent out to kill old "White feather"? The classic "Through the other snipers scope" shot?

No I didn't, didn't know it was on or I would have watched it, heard about it at work though, read about it in the book "Sniper". The guys at work explained how our two favorite myth busters had shown that it would be almost impossible to do, however I'm inclined to believe the two guys who were there and saw it over two TV show guys, Hathcock and his spotter were the first to say it was a fluke and true or not it's a great story.
 Here's something interesting about Sgt. York, according to the history channel due to a shortage of weapons he performed his Medal of Honor winning actions armed  not with the Springfield 1903 rifle as shown in the old Gary Cooper movie but with a Lee-Enfield rifle made in England.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Flangepart

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 02:20:12 PM »

No I didn't, didn't know it was on or I would have watched it, heard about it at work though, read about it in the book "Sniper". The guys at work explained how our two favorite myth busters had shown that it would be almost impossible to do, however I'm inclined to believe the two guys who were there and saw it over two TV show guys, Hathcock and his spotter were the first to say it was a fluke and true or not it's a great story.
 Here's something interesting about Sgt. York, according to the history channel due to a shortage of weapons he performed his Medal of Honor winning actions armed  not with the Springfield 1903 rifle as shown in the old Gary Cooper movie but with a Lee-Enfield rifle made in England.
True. The Springfields were rare, so the Enfield was used. Not the 10 shot SMLE, but a 5 shot rifle.

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 04:44:29 AM »

That would be the Rifle No. 3 Mk I. Designated the M1917 by the US, but called the "Enfield" as Flangepart said, and chambered for the .30'06 caliber just like the Springfield.

From what a book I've got said in both its British and American versions it was an awkward and poorly balanced weapon and the bolt required considerable maintenance, but it was very accurate and saw much British use as a sniper weapon.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Jim H

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 11:20:46 PM »

Pom Pom and Hot Hot, a lesser known Police action comedy from Hong Kong, has two super badass characters.  Niether of them are the leads, really, but it is obvious both are way better than the main characters.  One is the sargent of the two leads, the other is their enemy.

Anyways, they make references to the super technique and skill of the great shootists of the world.  In the movie, they do stuff like flying through the air and shooting, throwing magazines at each other, kicking mags into their gun, etc.  Super exaggerated fun stuff.  But we only get two fight scenes with them, and I'd like to see an entire movie dedicated to those character types and their brand of gun fu.

BTW, I capped and youtubed one of those shootouts for a project a while back.

Small | Large
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  They should have made the movie about that « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.