Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:18:42 AM
714307 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Wild Zero « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wild Zero  (Read 3558 times)
Jordanb
« on: December 07, 2006, 09:47:12 PM »

I saw this movie "Wild Zero" not too long ago, and it looked to me like it needed a good review. If you're looking for some zombie killing action, but are also completely obsessed with Japanese rock bands that make movies about how cool they are, this is definetly the movie for you. "Lock and Loll!"
-Jordan
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 10:07:41 PM »

Drink a shot every time a character utters the pharase "Rock 'n' Roll" in this movie and see how long you can last.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Jim H

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 01:05:41 AM »

Awful film.  Most of it bored the hell out of me.  And Guitwar Wolf is the worst rock band I think I've ever heard.
Famous Mortimer
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 01:54:08 PM »

Awful film.  Most of it bored the hell out of me.  And Guitwar Wolf is the worst rock band I think I've ever heard.
Ain't taste a wonderful thing? I love this film and am a big fan of Guitar Wolf. "Wild Zero" adamantly refuses to take itself seriously, has tons of zombies getting blown up in weird and wonderful ways and has a nice positive ending.

"The rich will do everything for the poor except get off their backs" - Karl Marx
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 11:53:20 PM »

I love Wild Zero, and Guitar Wolf.  Japanese Garage bands ROCK!  They have cranked out some of the best, rawest rock n roll I've ever heard.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 11:55:29 PM »

I saw this a while ago and enjoyed it. Loved the end with the "Guitar Sword".

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Jim H

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 05:08:49 PM »

Japanese Garage bands ROCK

I really don't understand how people can even take it.  Do you also enjoy the sound of pure feedback?  Like half of Guitar Wolf's music is made up of it.

It physically hurts me.
Famous Mortimer
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 11:53:35 AM »

I really don't understand how people can even take it.
It's just lucky that the world is big enough and wonderful enough to take both people who love Guitar Wolf and people who not only hate their music but can't understand why other people like it. I like it because I enjoy the sounds they make.

"The rich will do everything for the poor except get off their backs" - Karl Marx
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 04:16:39 PM »

I really don't understand how people can even take it.
It's just lucky that the world is big enough and wonderful enough to take both people who love Guitar Wolf and people who not only hate their music but can't understand why other people like it. I like it because I enjoy the sounds they make.

That's fine that you like it and all.  From what I can gather, I'm in the minority on both my opinion on Wild Zero and on Guitar Wolf (Wild Zero has a pretty good 6.5 on the IMDB, with an arithmetic mean of 7.4 - I gave it a 3).  However, you didn't answer my question.  Do you also like the sound of feedback and distortion?  Because I don't feel I'm exaggerating when I say feedback and massive distortion is a very high percentage of the sound of their music (and other Japanese hard/grunge rock groups, for that matter).  It's a part of virtually every second of their music.

I mean, I'm sure some people out there like that type of noise.  Just as there are probably people who think fingernails on a blackboard is an appealing sound.  I'm just curious if you like their music because of that type of sound, or in spite of it.
Famous Mortimer
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 03:48:22 AM »

[That's fine that you like it and all.  From what I can gather, I'm in the minority on both my opinion on Wild Zero and on Guitar Wolf (Wild Zero has a pretty good 6.5 on the IMDB, with an arithmetic mean of 7.4 - I gave it a 3).  However, you didn't answer my question.  Do you also like the sound of feedback and distortion?  Because I don't feel I'm exaggerating when I say feedback and massive distortion is a very high percentage of the sound of their music (and other Japanese hard/grunge rock groups, for that matter).  It's a part of virtually every second of their music.

I mean, I'm sure some people out there like that type of noise.  Just as there are probably people who think fingernails on a blackboard is an appealing sound.  I'm just curious if you like their music because of that type of sound, or in spite of it.
There's no hard and fast rule about what bits of music you like. From them the use of feedback and distortion is just part of their sound, for other bands it doesn't work. So the answer to your question is "sometimes". Sometimes I like the sound of a violin, sometimes it bores the hell out of me. It's all context.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 03:52:24 AM by Famous Mortimer » Logged

Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 09:34:36 AM »

Love this flick. We watched it at a b-film society meeting, unfortuately, no alchohol was allowed (as it was being held in a college classroom), so we just played the drnking game with soda instead. Good thing too, otherwise we all would have been completely hung over the following day. Drink

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Wild Zero « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.