Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:42:22 PM
714228 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What about NOT OF THIS EARTH with Traci Lords???? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What about NOT OF THIS EARTH with Traci Lords????  (Read 4604 times)
mrgb46
« on: December 12, 2006, 11:03:40 AM »

I rented this movie the other day and it had alot of mistakes in it...You can see the crew in the reflection of the car twice;she's running at night with shoes and then no shoes and back again;it goes from night to day and back again towards the end....It did have alot of Traci Lords in various outfits,a blue bikini and nude,so the movie wasn't all that bad..By the way,yes,it was,but it was enjoyable...Lots of sexy busty girls,too.......Check it out!!!
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 12:47:08 PM »

This is a good choice and I do have the DVD in my collection.  I do not remember there being too terribly much nudity in it, but that is probably compared to other movies (such as "Hardbodies") around that time.  Huh, boobs were all over the place in the 80's, now that I think about it.

I desperately want  a DVD release of the original.  The remake in question could have been more interesting with a flying assassin monster too.  And, because it was the 80's, the creature would have been latex and ultraslime, vice CGI. 

No idea when a review might be coming.  Normally, movies get reviewed when the urge hits me.  That does keep it random.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 01:22:19 PM »

I enjoyed this movie tremendously. In the opening credits alone, I recognized about six other Corman movies that this one stole scenes from, and those were just the ones I had seen. I also thought it was rather ironic that the worst acting Lords did in the movie was her sex scene; I guess she wasn't used to having to fake it so completely  BounceGiggle.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 05:49:33 PM »

That's another old favorite of mine.  I especially liked Wynorski's commentary track where he told us all about how Traci's boobs kept bouncing out of her dress when she ran.  Gave me a deeper appreciation for the film  TeddyR  Loved her blue bikini as well.  Really, really loved it!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 08:48:11 PM »

I have seen both the original and the Traci Lords remake, the original when I was young, found it sort of scary but  also silly, saw the remake on cable and while I think it was silly too I really enjoyed watching Traci bounce around, makes up for her acting ability. I would really like a dvd of the original, really enjoyed the flying octopus/killer thing.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
peter johnson

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 09:34:48 PM »

More ROBO-trivia:
When Kathy Shower walked off of Robo-chic, there were negotiations to bring in Tracy Lords, as a lot of the same production people who were involved with Not of This Earth also had connections to Windstar, one of the numerous co-producers of Robo --
We ended up with Jennifer Estrada instead -- a very sweet woman.
peter/gimp the satan's onion

I have no idea what this means.
raj

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 12:49:24 PM »

IIIRC, Jim Wynorski made a comment somewhere that he had a bet with Roger Corman that he could do the remake in a shorter amount of time than Roger did the original.  And that Jim won the bet. BounceGiggle

Fun movie.  It's great to play "spot the starlet" -- there are a few of them in various scenes, like Becky LeBeau.  I too am waiting for the DVD.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What about NOT OF THIS EARTH with Traci Lords???? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.