Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:50:04 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  The Thing and Hobbit news « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Thing and Hobbit news  (Read 37827 times)
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 10:49:19 PM »

I'll start working on a script................I can see it now. THINGLI (2007) Staring Kurt Russell and Jennifer Lopez.

I love it, but at some point he douses her with kerosene and sets her ablaze before she can sprout tentacles.  That is going to happen, right?  Please, you have to write that into the script...

I need to see Ben in there with Kero and fire too.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 11:01:22 PM »

THINGLI

LOL

* ulthar wipes tears from eyes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 11:31:10 PM »

Yes, In the movie THINGLI (2007) Kurt sets her a fire hot, but Jennifer quickly douses it after another juicy yoga lecture like the one in her prequel hit GIGLI.  Odinn7 already bought tickets.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 09:39:47 PM by Scott » Logged

dean

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 01:28:03 AM »

If Freddy Vs Jason can happen, so can Thingli.

That all sounds like my dream sequel so far really...

Odinn7 must be over the moon!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 08:48:32 PM »

First off, you guys have reminded me to take care how I word things since misspeaking here usually ends up with a discussion thread devolving into silliness. (Bless your little pointed heads!)

Anyway, this news just appeared over at AICN:

From IMDB

As Lord of the Rings fans mounted a protest following word that New Line had dropped Peter Jackson from consideration as director of The Hobbit and another Lord of the Rings prequel, producer Saul Zaentz has given assurances that Jackson will indeed direct the two films. A German website, Elbenwald.de, posted an interview with Zaentz, who acquired the rights to the works of the late Rings writer, J.R.R. Tolkien, in 1976 (the Saul Zaentz Company owns Tolkien Enterprises), in which Zaentz says, "It will definitely be shot by Peter Jackson. ... Next year The Hobbit rights will fall back to my company. I suppose that Peter will wait because he knows that he will make the best deal with us. And he is fed up with the studios: to get his profit share on the Rings trilogy he had to sue New Line. With us, in contrast, he knows that he will be paid fairly and artistically supported without reservation." (The preceding quotation is a translation that appeared on TheHobbit-Movie.com from the German interview posted on Elbenwald.de.)

This could get interesting.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 08:54:41 PM by trek_geezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 08:59:46 PM »

From IMDB

As Lord of the Rings fans mounted a protest following word that New Line had dropped Peter Jackson from consideration as director of The Hobbit and another Lord of the Rings prequel, producer Saul Zaentz has given assurances that Jackson will indeed direct the two films. A German website, Elbenwald.de, posted an interview with Zaentz, who acquired the rights to the works of the late Rings writer, J.R.R. Tolkien, in 1976 (the Saul Zaentz Company owns Tolkien Enterprises), in which Zaentz says, "It will definitely be shot by Peter Jackson. ... Next year The Hobbit rights will fall back to my company. I suppose that Peter will wait because he knows that he will make the best deal with us. And he is fed up with the studios: to get his profit share on the Rings trilogy he had to sue New Line. With us, in contrast, he knows that he will be paid fairly and artistically supported without reservation." (The preceding quotation is a translation that appeared on TheHobbit-Movie.com from the German interview posted on Elbenwald.de.)

That is interesting.  If this is all true (with no hidden traps) and Zaentz holds the final trump card of who can make the movie, it means that Peter Jackson's gamble pays off and New Line tried to force his hand the wrong way.  In my case, I am glad.  Peter seems like he just loves to make movies and make them the way he thinks they should, no matter what.  In some ways that is dangerous, but I can respect it.

I wonder if New Line could still put out a sucky quicky while they have the rights to make it.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 09:21:57 PM »

I also saw a small piece somewhere that someone at MGM (who would distribute the films for New Line) had said that the door was not closed on Peter doing the films.

I hope it works out  and I think personally that New Line would have a hard time getting a first rate director to take on the task.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2006, 09:03:38 PM »

Peter Jackson did a great job with The Lord of the Rings, those three movies were a perfect translation of a great novel into a movie, usually the movie makers find a way to screw up a good story. Jackson should rightfully direct The Hobbit since he has demonstrated a grasp of the material, I hope the producers feel the same way, but I don't count on it. Anymore in the movie industry the bottom line seems to be all that counts.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2006, 10:53:20 AM »

I have never seen any of the LOTR films. Or read the books. Am I a weirdo? I only seen one STAR WARS film,the first one at a theatre in the 70"s,and I never watched any of the spin off STAR TREK tv shows either(i loved the original series. I haven't seen the remake of the HILLS HAVE EYES (though I've heard it's quite good), and think a remake of the THING would be a BIG mistake! I fear a sequel on the grounds that they my use CGI instead of an imaginative fx crew on the helm.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2006, 11:01:50 AM »

I have never seen any of the LOTR films. Or read the books. Am I a weirdo?
I dunno, am I a weirdo?

Oh yeah, yes.

I fear a sequel on the grounds that they my use CGI instead of an imaginative fx crew on the helm.
Now that's something I fear as well, but I sadly imagine it will be unavoidable in this day and age. The monsters in the Carpenter film looked so damn cool but the cg will probably turn out some garden variety demon things, well at least we still have the first. Bluesad

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2006, 12:52:03 PM »

well at least we still have the first.

You mean the second, right?  THE THING itself was a remake.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2006, 02:38:05 PM »

The original  "Thing" was a great black and white movie very loosely based on the short story Who Goes There by Campbell, takes place at the arctic, not the anarctic and though it has a frozen alien (James Arness in his first title role) that's where the similarity to the short story ends, the movie though stands on its own and is really quite good. The John Carpenter version takes place in the correct location and is much closer to the Campbell story, again it's a movie that stands on its own, both are great films. I think that a remake of either one would probably be disapointing but a sequel to the Carpenter film is a possibility and could be good if done correctly. The problem with most sequels is that they're made to get a quick buck and not for any other reason which is why they usually are bad. 

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Jim H

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2006, 03:40:48 PM »

Can someone who has beaten the game tell me if MacReady makes an appearance?  I remember hearing that he does.

That said, I agree that a remake of The Thing is a waste of time.  There's next to nothing to improve upon.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2006, 12:32:48 PM »

Can someone who has beaten the game tell me if MacReady makes an appearance?  I remember hearing that he does.

That said, I agree that a remake of The Thing is a waste of time.  There's next to nothing to improve upon.

I beat the the game MacReady does make a appereance at the end. He picks your charather up in a helicopter and helps you fight the last boss of the game. I don't remember if he says anything about how escaped it been awhile.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2006, 07:21:34 AM »

I know this has nothing to do with the THING,but I finally got to see the HILLS remake: I LOVED IT> Maybe there is hope for remakes in the future,if their done as well as this one.Maybe if the Thing was set in a different locale might make it interesting...like in a warzone,or have it take over a whole city,with an atomic bomb being the last means of defense.kinda like a bodysnatchers or NotLD feel...I dunno...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  The Thing and Hobbit news « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.