Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:39:34 PM
714340 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Shock Treatment « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shock Treatment  (Read 1906 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: December 13, 2006, 10:41:00 PM »

Finished watching the DVD of this with Katie and she is not happy with me.  Frankly, I am not happy with me either.

The movie is almost a skull.  The only two reasons I can hold up to not cast it into that black pit (and annoy whatever lives down there) is the song that Brad starts off with "Dear Blender" (and it goes from there).  The title song and number is also, at least, interesting.  Beyond that, they keep throwing musical numbers at you and the songs are...uninspired to say the least.  You forget them in five minutes.

Perhaps this does better with the audience participation.  Yes, as I understand it, "Shock Treatment" also has a full set of audience participation calls that go along with the movie.  Unfortunately, I seriously doubt that even completely drowning the soundtrack would help.

Richard O'Brien is there, along with his "sister," Patricia Quinn.  That he wrote this and, yet again, is involved in an incestuous relationship with his "sister" makes me start to worry about Mr. O'Brien.  Largely, his creepy appearance is wasted.  His outfit does not lend itself to the part and the coke bottle glasses ruin any effect.  The glasses were something to gawk at, I will say that for them.

Brad and Janet are played by different performers, neither of which comes close to the level of expertise we saw in "Rocky Horror."  I can also tell you that Janet's eyes freaked me out.  She is some sort of strange human/goldfish hybrid.  I started counting how many times she blinked and never ran out of fingers.

See the movie if you are the type that must watch really bad (not entertaining) movies or if doing so makes your "Rocky Horror" experience complete.  Be warned that this is not "Rocky Horror," nor even "The Apple."  Heck, it is not much of anything, except a slew of terrible songs strung together.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 10:57:25 PM »

Might have to check this out especially if it's related to the ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW which is a somewhat borrowed story of the old Vampire films where a young couple get stuck in a rainstorm and go to the nearest house which belongs to..................
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 11:03:16 PM by Scott » Logged

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 11:01:48 PM »

My have to check this out especially if it's related to the ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW which is a somewhat borrowed story of the old Vampire films where a young couple get stuck in a rainstorm and go to the nearest house which belongs to..................

Bring lots of that toilet paper that you are so fond of, because you are going to need it and I do not mean to throw at the screen.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 11:07:01 PM »

Ok, I'm ready

KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 11:16:47 PM »

The song yew were thinking of with "dear blender" is called "b***hin' in the Kitchen".  Yea, this film is a big dissipointment for me as well espesially since i have read the original concept for the story that fell through. It was going to be called  "Rocky Horror shows his heels" or something along the lines of that. It was going to have the original cast of charecters, complete with Frankenferter. It fell through because Tim Curry and the guy who played brad didnt wanna do it so they decided to mutate the entire idea into "Shock treatment" You can read all about it here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Horror_Shows_His_Heels

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
peter johnson

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 01:40:10 PM »

I did see this one on the big screen when it first came out, in the company of Rocky Horror fans who had the choreography for this one in advance -- Pre-packaged spontaniety?
It involved ripping cloth during the "Little Black Dress" number, and a lot of other choreography that escapes me now.  Oh, also screaming "Ola, Eddie!", whenever he appeared.
Yep, a pale and forgettable Rocky wannabe -- I think this one pretty much sank Richard O'Brien's showbiz involvement from then on --
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Shock Treatment « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.