Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:11:58 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Frankenhooker « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Frankenhooker  (Read 49135 times)
Tiff
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2003, 01:10:40 AM »

This is my favorite movie ever. I see the romance in it. I wish someone loved me enough to kill hookers with super crack, and make me a new body.
meltingrodent
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The good parts are great but some of the comments that don't like the movie have a point.  There's like 20-30 minutes of good scenes, but otherwise a whole lot of boredom and bad acting.
Frukt
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Wow. All I can say is Wow. This isn't a bad movie at all; I wouldn't even call it a B-movie, this is an excellent example of what skillful hands can do despite a minimal (War-On-Drugs-funded?) budget. The script is absolutely wonderful and very original (and if you look really hard, there might even be some symbolism in it). The acting is for the most part actually quite acceptable (well, ok, so the last movie I saw before this was Laser Mission...) at least the first hour, better than most late-night TV movies at least, and the actors manage to keep a straigt face. Zorro The Pimp is excused because after all, he is Zorro The Pimp (and he sure is tough-guy enough to be Governor of some american state any day).

The FX are cheesy but only because of the low budget (and you can't really demand anything else from a movie about exploding hookers) and they don't hurt your viewing pleasure. Especially the background scenery is mostly quite impressive, you get a feeling the producers really tried to make the movie as realistic as possible (taking the general storyline into account). IMHO the director was REALLY skilled, managing to pull this very unorthodox movie off as nicely as he did.

For one thing, despite the wacky and not very serious story, the movie is very consistent and there are no giant logic gaps which otherwise seems to be mandatory in most late 80's B-Movies (and well, in most Hollywood pictures) and also the characters have quite a few lines that aren't directly pushing the story forward (always a good sign IMHO).

Too bad the acting gets worse at the end of the movie, and the ending was quite unsatisfying. I also thought it lacked a real zombie-hooker killing spree and there was definately too little blood (he is drilling into his head yaknow). But this is absolutely one of my new favourite movies.

Now, it's obvious that Zorro The Pimp did in fact NOT die, so let's all hope for a spin-off movie about him! Come to think of it, isn't it obvious that he was the hero of the movie?
kob
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2005, 09:27:02 PM »

kob
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

The effects from Frankenhooker fit perfectly for this movie.  The scene in which the crack whores blow up is done seemlessly & was ripped off by the Austin Powers movie when the fem-bots blew up.  Henenlotter did a much better job than the director of Austin Powers.

Frankenhooker is one of the best B movies ever made and deserves to be in everyones DVD collection.
catherine0621
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Thank, well who or whatever for this website wherein I now have written and visible proof that this movie even existed!!!  I am telling you!!  Let it suffice to say that no one I have mentioned this film to over the years has any knowledge as to what I am talking about.  I always describe the scene where the pimp is in the bar lamenting about the untimely demise of his stable of hookers at which time a bar buddy offers consolation by saying "Hey man, good luck with your exploding b***hes, and s**t."  That is true comedy and I don't give a damn about Lucy or Bozo.  

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2006, 02:23:32 PM »

bobalong
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2006, 07:38:53 PM »

A legend of a film, all i can say :)
antinea
New Visitor

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 01:52:44 AM »

Looks so sweet I bought it as a Valentine present for my son....Am I a bad mother???javascript:void(0);
Oh put that phone down...he's 34!!!
crazycloud
New Visitor

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2007, 01:39:52 PM »

this movie is so classic. i love the exploding hookers. wow. is there a hooker horror movie that can top this one.
SHITBIRD
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 08:07:30 AM »

One thing I love about this movie that no one ever seems to point out is this.... As soon as the 'monster' comes to life, the electrical storm is suddenly over!

Also, how come everything he takes out of his liquid storage is always dry? And why does he only wear his gloves occasionally when taking things in or out??
IRSISRSRI
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 09:28:32 AM »

Nobody else mentioned Frankenhooker was actually pretty hot?

>_>

<_<

>_>
Ralphus
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2008, 09:56:37 PM »

I love this movie, it is truly amazing.
ChunkeeOne
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 06:08:32 AM »

Wow! Another movie I thought I made up as a kid! I really need to build up my own arsenal of B-Movie selections. I'd love to see this again. This is indeed an awesome crappy movie. I don't need to go on about it... the main review says it all.

But I always remembered it as she gave him a hooker's body, because she was p**sed about him giving her a hooker's body.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Frankenhooker « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.