Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:42:43 AM
713400 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-Movie Haikus & Poems  |  Graveyard Shift Haiku « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Graveyard Shift Haiku  (Read 11276 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: December 16, 2006, 04:35:04 PM »

The newest addition to the reviews is posted.  Funny thing about the movie, it appears to have grown on me over the years.  Sitting down to watch it and take notes, I was certain it was on the lower end of the spectrum, say a weak two slimes.  Turned out to be a solid three.

Time for the haiku:

I hate the rats here.
They will watch me all night long.
Who is on the stairs?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 02:31:24 PM »

As always, awesome review... and yeah, you picked a really good scene to show. I think if you look real close, you can actually see one of those "chunks" land on the guy backing away from the soon-to-be victim.

How much hot, stinking crap
would you take for a damn paycheck?
Don't get yourself munched!

(keep in mind, "don't" is technically two words)
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 03:05:24 PM »

Thank you (and to Jordan, Darksider, and Shadow for their posts over in the Comments section).

I felt like I had a good roll with this movie.  Some films, I feel the desire to write about them, watch the movie and take a lot of notes, then struggle to create a good review that flows.  "Faster, p***ycat!  Kill!  Kill!" was that sort of movie - I felt like I was trying to write in molasses.

Of course, a silly monster movie with over-the-top acting is often my bread and butter, so that may be the key.

Oh, and to Shadow about finding Jane attractive.  It was probably due to her independent character and "tough little woman" persona.  I mean, compared to Nardello's "sleep with anyone" act.  From the outside, looking in, nobody likes a loose woman.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 12:46:54 PM »

Heh, I put "Graveyard Shift" in a category of films I shouldn't really like, but for some odd reason, I luv 'em. Also on that list are "Prophecy", "Razorback" and "The Cave"... I always felt there were maybe five other people on the entire planet that felt the same way BounceGiggle

I have to ask, when you're an exterminator, what's the bright part of your day?
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 02:38:28 PM »

I have to ask, when you're an exterminator, what's the bright part of your day?
[/quote]
Um...haveing an assistant shovel up the carcuses?
Nice review, as always, Andrew. And give my regards to the lil blue frogs. The purple arddvarks say "Booyaw!"

Cotton finds Bachman.
There is rat fur in the Product!
Odd Lots gets  discount.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 05:20:14 PM by Flangepart » Logged

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-Movie Haikus & Poems  |  Graveyard Shift Haiku « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.