Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:36:32 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Money On the Ground! « previous next »
Poll
Question: Other than small change, what is the largest amount of money have you found on the ground?
$1
$5 bill
$10 bill
$20 bill
$50 bill
$100 bill !!
I've found an amount not mentioned above
I've never found any paper money on the ground

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Money On the Ground!  (Read 9499 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: December 16, 2006, 06:12:41 PM »

I remember a few months ago when I walked into the local Hy-Vee grocery store and just inside the door I instantly spotted that familiar green color of cold hard cash lying on the floor.
I wasn't sure what denomination it was.  It was a single bill lying there.
I immediately bent down and snatched it up.

It was a $20!

There were no other patrons in front of me and I was the only person entering the store at that time.
That bill had been sitting there between 30 seconds and 5 minutes.  (I'll never know)

Didn't matter to me...I became $20 richer in an instant.   Thumbup
While I did my shopping, I kept looking at the other customers and wondering if it was their $20 bill I had in my pocket. 

My biggest find of cash on the ground was $55.
And yes, it was while entering a grocery store.  I spotted a $50 and a $5 crumpled together lying right in front of the door.  Both of them went right into my pocket.

Word of advice...look down when you enter a grocery store!   Wink

How about you?
Ever find some $$ on the ground?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 06:22:55 PM by Ashthecat » Logged
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 07:25:45 PM »

I once found $20 bill while walking to work, it was just lying on the sidewalk, picked it up and tucked it in my wallet and felt guilty about it in a vague sort of way. Didn't stop me from spending it though.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
dean

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 08:43:58 PM »

Years and years ago when I was a little youngling, I was at my grandfather's work [cafe type thing] and they got me to do some cleaning.  The basic rule was when cleaning under the counters, any money I find I keep, so everynow and then you find a few dollars here and there and feel really cool about it.

One day, though I found a wad of $100s.  But before I got too excited they sort of shook their heads at me and said 'you can't keep that'.  Ah nuts...

Other than that, I think the most was about $70 odd dollars which was in a garden bed of some kind.  A friend and myself spotted it and used it to shout dinner for a group of our friends we were with at the time.  Gotta spread the love!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 10:17:38 PM »

Once found a twenty on a department store floor. Can't remember where. Possibly a Macy's or something similiar.

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 05:46:23 AM »

I've found the odd single, and a five once I think.

Found a twenty in high school one morning walking in the entrance, as I reached for it the vice-principal swooped in and snatched from my fingertips, complimented me for  being so "honest" (I hadn't even closed my fingers on it yet) and said he would make sure it was turned in to the office. And off he went pocketing the money, who knows if he turned it in, kept it, or if it was some weird "who's paying attention" test he did while watching us file into the school. Anything was possible with that jerk.

One Christmas season several years ago while I was in the middle of a deep depressive episode, and feeling very paranoid on top of it, I found a bag in the parking lot of Wal-Mart with some singles and a receipt poking out of a rip in the bag. My mind was cycling through ideas like it was a prank, some odd kind of sting, that the real owner would at that moment turn up and accuse me of theft, that I was imagining what I saw, that it was real but I didn't deserve even that small bit of good fortune, etc. I wouldn't touch it. Two employees were behind me, at the end of their shift apparently, saw it and asked me if it was mine, I said no it wasn't, and went on. They picked it up, found out what was in it and split it as I went on to my car. One of those stupid moments in life.

Anyone else ever find those fake folded bills with religious messages inside like, " Disappointed? Don't be, Jesus loves you!", a list of scripture references to look up, and an ad for a local church? I've seen my share of those, and had a boss who used to leave them in the parking lot quite often during a religious phase he was going through. I use to drop the ones I would find by the car of a notoriously greedy and money grubbing co-worker, figuring his disappointment would dwarf mine. Yes I was feeling rather snide at the time, I'm doing better now.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 09:37:35 AM »

Me and my brother Mike found a 20 when I was about 9 in the early seventies. We were riding our bikes down to 3 Mile Lake and it was lying in some scrub. We took it home and my Dad took us to Paw Paw to spend it. I remember I bought an Aurora model kit of the Creature from the Black Lagoon,some buble gum cards(the ones with monsters and goofy tag lines underneath),and some candy ciggerttes.Mike got a Rat Fink hot rod model and a few  comic books.Whatta day!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 12:25:27 PM »

I was about 15 -16 on the subway when I saw a 5 dollar bill. Problem was it was right in front of a Police Officer. It was so weird. I though at the time it was sort of entrapment or sting. I picked it up anyway and nothing happen.

Other time me and a friend of mine where walking and a car window was wide open with what looked like a couple of 20s on in the cup holder. We started thinking if we should take or not. We decied not thinking it has to be a setup. It was just to good to be true.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

raj

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 04:58:39 PM »

A few years ago, a group of us were living in DC.  One day we went to a museum (not one of the Smithonians, it was more like a private gallery type deal).  Any way, I found $60 dollars on the floor.  I thought about turning it in, but instead used it to help defray the cost of dinner that evening at an Ethiopian restaurant (there are a couple of good ones in DC.)

Funny thing is, it was kind of hard for the others to cough up enough for a decent tip -- particularly among those who came from wealthier families & were lawyers (still struggling lawyers, but hey, when someone's just paid 75% of your meal, put something extra in the tip.)
paulh
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 01:26:32 AM »

A month or two ago I was in the centre of Melbourne (Australia) and a young woman was sprinting between cars on a busy street - with $20 notes falling out of her purse. Odd, and nobody was willing to follow her to pick them up..
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 03:04:41 PM »

My best story is that a buddy and I were walking downtown once long ago.  Lying right in the walkway was a bag of, um smokable entertainment.  After looking around for traps or police presences he took it and I'm POSITIVE he turned it in to the suitable authorities.  All I know is I never saw it again.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 02:02:59 PM »

You guys are away ahead of me. Found the occasional coin on the ground, now and then, but, in paper money, the most I ever found was a one dollar bill blowing across the playground, when I was in elementary school. Never kept it. Turned the money into a teacher.
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 05:12:12 PM »

Aside from the normal nickle or dime here and there I can remember 2 good finds. The first one was when I was in the seventh grade on the way to school with a friend, we both saw it at the same time. I won the race to pick it up,it was a dollar bill. P E was my first class so I put it in my locker,which happened to be next to my friends. It's rather odd, but the dollar was missing when the shower was over.

The next time is when I went to play bingo...yes, I know, no comments please...I was looking for someone to buy a bingo card from and oooops there was a roll of money lying on the floor,right next to someones chair. I got up and picked it up, there was eighty something dollars.I asked the person nearest the chair if they had dropped there money......well of course the guy said "yes"..so I handed him the money. I hope he really did drop his money...I still wonder now and then.

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Money On the Ground! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.