Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:35:24 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  At the Earth's Core « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: At the Earth's Core  (Read 42960 times)
Water Buffalo
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie was pretty much average from what I've come to expect, having seen a few of the above mentioned titles before this.  I have to say the music in the opening scenes of the iron workings was really cool and would make a fantastic addition to my soundtrack collection on cd!

"You cannot mesmerise me, Im British!"

Had me almost rolling on the floor laughing, you try saying that to a 7ft tall ramphorhynchus that feeds on people and knows what you are thinking!  I almost expected a load of British soldiers in WW1 gear running in with rifles and pulling seige artillery behind them.....

Decent movie if you like monsters annd a bit of a plot, otherwise maybe not top quality viewing!
MARLON THE MONSTER
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2006, 08:01:07 AM »

I loved this movie bad effects and all the scene with the  firetoad was funny as hell.And CAROLINE MONROE is the   most beautiful cave woman in film history.I liked this movie better then the new KING KONG.Im serious.  
The Man
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 12:28:03 PM »

I THINK THIS IS A REALLY WIERD MOVIE ESPECIALLY THE PIG MEN, THE BIG BIRD GUY AND THE FIRE TOAD FROM NOWHERE. A LOAD OF NONSANCE I THINK THIS IS!
Harlequin
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2008, 09:03:26 AM »

By the sounds of it, if you read the book like I did, stay away from the movie :)

And if I remember right, the earths crust was 500 miles thick, not 3,600 or whatever the critic said it was.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 11:24:33 AM »

And if I remember right, the earths crust was 500 miles thick, not 3,600 or whatever the critic said it was.

From the review:

"I decided to do a bit of math concerning David and Dr. Perry's unguided trip through the Earth, since a handy display was kind enough to indicate they traveled almost to the core before heading back up. Nasa's website tells me the planet is 12,756 km in diameter. We can safely assume they traveled at least half that distance (6,378 km) and multiplying by 0.62 gives us 3,954 miles."

The display in the drilling machine didn't show them going through the crust.  It showed them almost all the way to the core. 

Though rather different than the book, this movie is still fun and entertaining.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dawni
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 11:33:08 PM »

Wow, what a bad movie. I enjoyed it though. Just watched it on the Monster Channel. Toward the end I realized that my Dad took me to see this movie when I was 5, I am 36 now. I remember seeing the movie but could never recall the name of it. I thought we saw Journey to the Center of the Earth. I am so excited to find it is called At the Earth's Core. Even a bad movie can create good feelings of nostalgia. I'm happy that my Dad took me and my brother to so many Sci Fi movies. They seemed really great at the time. 
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  At the Earth's Core « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.