Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:54:22 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies Iv'e never seen....Yet I MUST! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Movies Iv'e never seen....Yet I MUST!  (Read 10517 times)
Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 01:42:52 PM »

I also want to see Rocketman (1997). I've never seen it and its not available on DVD yet.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 06:23:21 PM »

Anything starring Lynda Carter tends to grab my attention, but after reading the back cover, I usually end up putting it back.
If I ever come across a copy of "Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw", it shouldn't require any thought.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2006, 05:52:29 AM »

Hee hee hee.......I wonder why, no I don't.

I've several interviews with and articles about Jodorowsky, I think I understand what he is saying better than I think I should. I don't buy into any of it, especially his discussions about the Tarot, but it's till fun to read. Still wish he had gotten to make his version of Dune, what a beautiful trainwreck of a film that could have been.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2006, 06:53:16 AM »

The MONITORS-(1969) d.by Jack Shea.With Guy Stockwell,Avery Schreiber(!),Larry Storch(Garn!),Ed Begley,Keenan Wynn,Alan Arkin,Xaveir Cougat,Jackie Vernon,Susan Oliver.
Filmed in Chicago by the Second City comedy players.
The review in Lenard Maltin's 2007 Movie Guide sez-"Great cast wastedin this failed attempt at sci-fi satire...Alien Monitors control Earth and keep everything peaceful,but rebels plot against them." It has a vhs symbol at the bottom of the review,but no DVD one,so it may be currently out of print. Your best bet is to look into  scoring catalogs like SHOCKING or MOVIES UNLIMITED(who carry lots of OoP tapes...
DAM! Looked up WEREWOLF of WOODSTOCK in that old mag I had,and I was mistaken...NO review,just a large photo of a werewolf carrying a hippie chick. The caption sez it was a ABC Movie Special. No more info. Yer right,Peter...this one is starting to p**s me off....I DO recall that it had a VERY breif theatrical run,but was sooo bad it went almost immeaditly to TV,in 1974,which is where I saw it as a youngin.OTP-My Ma WENT to Woodstock(we lived in MarlboroNY for a very short while),and left us with a baby sitter...which was fine with me,cuz we saw TWO on a GUILLITINE with Ceasar Romero on TV! I would like to see THAT again...!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Shaggs[Pl]
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2006, 09:15:08 AM »

ISLAND of the DAMNED(1976) I had a book once and it had a short paragraph about this Spainish movie about an island of murderous kids.Also known as WOULD YOU KILL a CHILD?

I guess It's directed by Chico Ibanez Serrador. If yes, you MUST look for it. It's one of three horror movies which really made me frightened (Other two are "House With Laughing Windows", by Puppi Avati and "Seven Black Notes" by Fulci). After 20-30 minutes this movie becomes one great suspence and feeling of loneliness. Also it force to reflections (which is very rare in horror). Must see!
peter johnson

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2006, 04:03:54 PM »

Thanks for the info, RC -- Yeah, it's just apparently impossible to get any sort of real info. on "Werewolf of Woodstock", let alone find an actual copy!!
     Re.  Jerry Lewis -- Yes!  "The Day the Clown Cried" is indeed another one of those legendarily bad/lost films -- though I have read real print reviews of it by people who claim they saw it -- psychotronic/fanzine ripoffs that I no longer have copies of -- so I'm guessing there are boot copies of it out there somewhere -- yes, it was completed.
     "El Topo" -- I was given a copy on VHS about 20 years ago by someone who worked for Jodoworsky(!) in Chicago.  It's a dreadful copy -- full of lines and blue squiggles -- but I've never felt I need to see a cleaner version of it.  Really a wonderful Spaghetti Western and a retelling of various Buddhist folk tales.  Plus funny as hell in places.  Really, don't avoid it out of fear it may be too "arty"
     "Lost" films have a way of turning up.  Edison's "Frankenstein" was lost for something like 80 years, and now you can get it anywhere.  There are still rumours that O'Brien's giant King Kong ants are in The Phillippines in the hands of a greedy collector.  And you still hear that someone, somewhere in Hollywood has the only copy of Chaney's "London After Midnight", but will only sell to the very highest bidder.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies Iv'e never seen....Yet I MUST! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.