Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:13:06 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Strange jungle film -- Please help! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strange jungle film -- Please help!  (Read 12862 times)
Javakoala
« on: December 17, 2006, 11:40:32 PM »

As a youngster, I watched many late-night crap films, and one sticks in my head, but the title eludes me.

The film had a young blond boy with a stuffed toy tiger.  The plane he was on crashed at sea, and he washed up on the shore of some island.  His father began a search for him (I'm not totally sure it was the father, but fairly sure.) while the kid stumbled from one near-fatal situation to another.  Then the local native tribe found him, and considered his white skin and golden hair to mean he was divine.  The evil shaman (ain't there always one in these films?) feels this child is taking his status away and plots to kill the child in some grand ceremony the tribe has planned.

I can supply the ending if this isn't enough to help.  I'd love to find this film as it swung from twisted evil to Disney-esque silliness, and sported an ending that was, well, weird.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 12:50:19 PM »

I am guessing that you might have seen this in the early 80's or even during the 70's?  It sounds like elements of "The Emerald Forest" and a number of "Tarzan" films.  If you can also expand on the ending, since it sounds like it was unique, please do.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Javakoala
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 09:15:24 PM »

Well, I hope this doesn't ruin the film for anybody interested, but....

The father and a few members of the rescue team show up during the grand ceremony.  Everything gets jumbled at this point in my memory as to how we get to the end, but the shaman has disappeared with the boy. The father finds them, fights with the shaman and is injured, leaving him unable to save his son.  Just as the shaman prepares to kill the boy, the stuffed tiger magically turns into a real tiger, which proceeds to shred the evil shaman before the child's eyes.  By the time the father is able to get to the boy, the shaman is hamburger and the boy is hugging the slightly bloodied stuffed tiger.  Everyone is happy.

And I actually watched this probably in the mid to late 70s.  What I can remember of the film would put it having been made in the late 60s (the clothing, the hair styles and the like), but it might have been older, possibly mid 60s.  The whole affair was very low budget, with most of the "jungle" looking like thick woods and lots of sand, so I'm betting Florida as the location it was shot.  The natives were average white folks with dark tans and lots of bad make up, kinda like the opening sequence of "Voodoo Black Exorcist ".

I have mentioned this film to many folks over the years and tend to get stared at like I have blood dripping out of my butt.  I even remember the channel I saw it on, but they no longer have late night movies (a sad, sad thing it is, too), and the attempts to contact them about this have been ignored.  Did anyone else on here grow up near Tulsa, OK during the 70s?  Someone has GOT to help me.  I can only watch "Blood Mania" so many times, you know.....
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 10:05:15 PM »

"Terror in the Jungle" (1968)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063680/

I knew it sounded familiar.  I found the title in my copy of "The Psychotronic Video Guide."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Javakoala
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 11:19:58 PM »

Ah, yes!!  How stupid of me!!  If only I had scanned through my copy of the guide. I probably found it years ago when I first bought that thing, but old age is wiping clean my memory.

Thank you for being more diligent than I really ought to be.  Now, I'm off to scour the Net to find a copy of this crapfest.

Thank you again.
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 01:49:57 AM »

This sounds a bit like "Calvin and Hobbes", one of my favorite comic strips...

"Calvin in The Jungle"? I wonder where Stupendous Man and Spaceman Spiff would come in.

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Strange jungle film -- Please help! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.