Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:19:16 PM
712918 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  80s/90s Zombie Movie « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 80s/90s Zombie Movie  (Read 44571 times)
nada
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 06:24:07 PM »

I'm working my way backwards from the 1999 end of things. I've found a possible match called "Dead is Dead"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0228191/

It references two drugs one of which heals and the other which turns the person into a zombie. It's so far the only movie that I've managed to find which does reference two drugs. There is also a sequel called <SHOCK> "Dead is Dead 2 : Incarnation".

This may be it! Thanks! I'll put an order in and let you know.
Puzzled
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 10:42:44 PM »

This may be it! Thanks! I'll put an order in and let you know.

Found a better summary of the first film and it looks like there may actually only be one drug. Still it might be worth checking out.

http://www.hometown.aol.com/scvp/3006.html

A man named Eric is out to avenge his brother's death at the hands of drug dealers. Along the way, Eric is attacked and partially dismembered by a mutant creature and left for dead. A beautiful young woman named Laura finds him and uses an experimental drug on him known as Doxital. The drug grows back Eric's severed limb within a twenty-four-hour period. And if administered soon enough, Doxital can also revive the dead!

Eric uses his supply of the drug to pay off a large debt to his brother's killers, but unknown to him, the Doxital he gives away is a bad batch... a batch that can turn those who use it into the walking dead! Eric's search for the spoiled Doxital leads him to New York City, where he discovers that the drug is hidden in an abandoned school mere miles from his home. Can he get back to it in time... before it falls into the wrong hands?

Dead is Dead will have you on the edge of your seat in anticipation of the next moment of suspense!
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 06:48:18 PM »

I emailed nada, asking if this was the film.  Unfortunately, the response is negative.  This film is still not identified.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Puzzled
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 09:23:08 AM »

I emailed nada, asking if this was the film.  Unfortunately, the response is negative.  This film is still not identified.

So that was the "Dead is Dead 2" movie then? Only thing I can suggest is for Nada to try posting in the Zombie Movie Database forums. They might be better able to help there. Especially a guy called Verhoskan, who seems to have done a large chunk of the synopsis.

http://www.trashvideo.org/zmdb/forum/
Despote
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2007, 01:31:48 AM »

The description fits, but i'm nut quite sure... Whatever, tell me if it rings a bell...

There a movie called the Dead Next Door. It features a squad of zombie killers that discovers the existence of a religious cult that are for the zombies because they think the flesh eaters are godsent, here to destroy the sinned humans.

There's a scientist affiliated with that squad that creates a serum to make zombies humans. The problem is that it was injected to a member of the squad that was not quite dead, turning him into a not quite-zombie zombie. He's intelligent, but he still likes flesh, and wants the doctor dead.

The movie is from 1988, here is the zombie-human guy:

nada
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 08:07:18 AM »

Maybe this one is too obscure ...

It was definitely a comedy. Possibly a Weird Science clone.

I've been watching a new tv series on Dr Jeckle and Mr Hyde. It's got me thinking maybe it's not a zombie movie after all. Dunno though...
frank
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 06:06:51 AM »

I think itīs "Beverly Hills Bodysnatchers", released 1989 and starring Vic Tayback, Frank Gorshin, Rodney Eastman, Warren Selko, Brooke Bundy, Seth Jaffe....

best regards
frank
nada
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2007, 02:47:15 AM »

I have a feeling this is it! Thanks.

Trying to find a copy for sale or even a review now to verify.
paula
Bad Movie Lover

Just give me hairspray and I can rule the world!

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 02:25:51 AM »

Wild stab in the dark here:

How about C.H.U.D. II - Bud the Chud?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097001/

lol, my ex husband's name is Bud....too funny and very accurate (I know, I know, I was in a bad place at the time!  Lookingup)

"What about the American Dream?"
"It came true!  You're looking at it!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  80s/90s Zombie Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is Đ 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.