Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:07:21 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  Rare 80's horror (possible made for tv...), please help!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rare 80's horror (possible made for tv...), please help!!!  (Read 27973 times)
Maguire
New Visitor

« on: May 05, 2008, 09:25:39 PM »

Ok guys,

I asked this about a few months ago, and I investigated a few possibilities, but no dice.. so I'll ask again:

The movie is a monster movie, (possibly a made for tv movie from the early to mid 80's)

I am thinking it is a wolf, mutant wolf or something... Here are a few key scenes I do remember:

# 1

Early in the movie, there is a guy or a coupls of guys who are in this giant field (possibly corn field, but a field with huge plants standing 10 feet tall), and it is outside this large corporation complex. The beast hunts down and kills a few guys in there.

# 2

I believe the town gets involved, and a huge amount of townsfolk drive down to this high-tech complex in search of this beast ( I do remember people had video camera's, and one guy that goes into the site gets his hand melted off by wearing this latex glove he finds) It was pretty gruesome.

# 3

There is a main guy and girl who are running around the complex looking for the beast, can't remember how it ends, but I do know that the main characters think it's dead and they head back to the girl's apartment. Where the creature appears and kills the man, and the woman fights and eventually kills it.

There,, thats all I can remember. I live in Canada, and it's possible that it was a canadian production.

Here are a list of movies that are NOT the movie in question:

Silver Bullet
The Howling 4
Metamorphosis the Alien Factor

Hollis
Dedicated Viewer

The millionaires have unleashed themselves!

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 04:19:11 PM »

This is a completely random and unsubstantiated guess, but could it be Project: Metalbeast?

"If you break it down, movie magic is just a bunch of people moving s**t."
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 06:06:24 PM »

This is the older thread:

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,115804.0.html

Unfortunately, I am still coming up blank on this.  "Project Metalbeast" is a bit too late (1995) and I don't think other sections match up.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
akiratubo

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 05:49:24 AM »

but I do know that the main characters think it's dead and they head back to the girl's apartment. Where the creature appears and kills the man, and the woman fights and eventually kills it.

Man, this sounds SO familiar.  I KNOW I've seen a movie that ended like that but I'm just as clueless as you as to what it could be.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 12:45:04 PM »

I vaguely remember seeing part of something like this (maybe) on TV in the 80s, but I remember almost nothing of it. In the movie I'm thinking of, the female protagonist has a son and the plot involves a facility conducting research into gene splicing. I remember an ending with the kid drawing a picture of a chimera (mix of animals), not scary, just a kid's imagination, and his mother took it and calmly crumpled it up. Does that ring a bell for you?

Vague googling around hasn't yielded much besides Night Trackers, a 1987 Canadian made-for-TV movie. Can't find much information about it, but it seems to somewhat fit your description, and the vague memories I have.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093622/
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 12:52:32 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
The Hatten
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 03:23:06 AM »

could it have possibly been part of the watchers series, I think they were filmed in canada and invovled a mutant wolf life creature and a dog.....the one your talking about may be part 2 or 3?????

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FiHtxJzvpPM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FiHtxJzvpPM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

after watching this I'm fairly certain it was the 1st one as it does start out in the woods and does involve the town and etc etc.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 07:22:43 AM »

I was thinking of The Watchers as well.  There are 3 of those movies, all involving a mutant creature that has a psychic link to an intelligent dog. The dog usually helps the human protagonists track down the creature.  I haven't seen those movies in a while so I'm only guessing.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
KreepLX
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 07:57:01 PM »

Wow, that really sounds like American Werewolf in London to me.
senior spedo
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 10:13:04 AM »

it might be a movie called Razorback

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087981/

cool movie either way
316zombie
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 02:34:01 PM »

the descriptions sound like an anthology movie to me, i'm thinking either tales from the hood, fright club, or street tales of terror...it all sounds familiar, but as i said, as an anthology,...
alsolookingformovie
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 11:13:10 PM »

just a question about the movie cause it sounds familiar, it was a made for tv movie i think

i've been looking for a movie that resembles that also and this is what i remember of it if it helps both of us find it

-main character is a sheriff or something with law

-main character has son and daughter and at one point the son gets taken from the family minivan while the daughter pees behind some bushes(this really does happen)

-the main character always goes to one spot to over look some forest just to think(it's his spot i guesss) and in the beginning of the movie sees the beast on a rock or up high or something but does a double take to add suspense.

-the ending of the movie i remember ends with the wife having to psychically destroy the beast at a church or at least they are near a church but in a cemetary and there is a white light and she was the key to destroying the beast.

if it's not even close i'm sorry but i tried and do hope you find the right one you are looking for

akiratubo

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 11:16:37 PM »

just a question about the movie cause it sounds familiar, it was a made for tv movie i think

i've been looking for a movie that resembles that also and this is what i remember of it if it helps both of us find it

-main character is a sheriff or something with law

-main character has son and daughter and at one point the son gets taken from the family minivan while the daughter pees behind some bushes(this really does happen)

-the main character always goes to one spot to over look some forest just to think(it's his spot i guesss) and in the beginning of the movie sees the beast on a rock or up high or something but does a double take to add suspense.

-the ending of the movie i remember ends with the wife having to psychically destroy the beast at a church or at least they are near a church but in a cemetary and there is a white light and she was the key to destroying the beast.

if it's not even close i'm sorry but i tried and do hope you find the right one you are looking for

The movie you are talking about there is Raw Head Rex.

akiratubo

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 11:36:14 PM »

Maguire, take a look at "Not Of This World".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102556/

It's a little late for your timeline (1991) but several aspects are close.  A lot of the action takes place in a wooded area.  The townspeople go out to hunt for the monster.  The climax takes place inside a nuclear power plant.

I don't recall any melted hands and I don't think there were any leftover pieces of the monster waiting at home to kill anyone.

Ben
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 12:55:18 AM »

I remember many years ago seeing a movie called "Prophecy", and I believe it has a mutant grizzly bear on the loose killing people after industrial pollution mutates the bear.

I dont know if this helped any maybe I'm way off track?
jacob
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 07:38:10 AM »

try C.H.A.O.S  I think thats how it was spelled
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  Rare 80's horror (possible made for tv...), please help!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.