Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:24:21 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Christmas movie « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which is the best Christmas movie
Miracle on 34th Street (original) - 0 (0%)
Miracle on 34th Street (remake) - 0 (0%)
A Chistmas Story - 11 (42.3%)
The Bishop's Wife - 0 (0%)
The Preacher's Wife - 0 (0%)
Prancer - 1 (3.8%)
Christmas vacation - 3 (11.5%)
It's a Wonderul Life - 4 (15.4%)
White Christmas - 0 (0%)
Polar express - 0 (0%)
Santa Clause Conquers The Martians - 1 (3.8%)
March of the Wooden soldiers - 1 (3.8%)
Black Christmas - 0 (0%)
Silent Night Bloody Night - 0 (0%)
Die Hard - 1 (3.8%)
Scrooge (1951) - 0 (0%)
A Christmas Carol (1984) - 0 (0%)
Christmas with the Kranks - 0 (0%)
Jingle All the Way - 0 (0%)
The Santa Clause - 0 (0%)
The Santa Clause II - 0 (0%)
Home Alone - 0 (0%)
Home Alone II - 0 (0%)
X-mas Evil - 1 (3.8%)
Santa's Slay - 0 (0%)
Scrooged - 1 (3.8%)
Bad Santa - 1 (3.8%)
Nightmare Before Christmas - 1 (3.8%)
Jack Frost I - 0 (0%)
Jack Frost II - 0 (0%)
Gremlins - 0 (0%)
Elf - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Favorite Christmas movie  (Read 13629 times)
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2006, 10:11:27 PM »

Okay, I've added Jack Frost I & II, and Gremlins, when ever I hear the name Jack Frost I think of a movie about a homicidal snowman, there is a sequel too, so that is why I left them off, forgot about the Christmas version. The snowman was played by Michael Keaton I think. Regarding A Nightmare Before Christmas, it's a movie you either get and like as my daughter and wife do or like me you don't get it and don't like it, different strokes for different folks. Left out Elf mainly because no matter how hard I try I can't seem to think of it as a Christmas movie, but that's just me.
 Now one more thing before I go (got to bake cinnamon rolls), I'm a fan of the Gilmore Girls and although I'm as normal as any red blooded guy and I think that Lauren Graham is really quite fetching, but just the thought of seeing her naked body is almost enough to make me blind, it would destroy too many carefully crafted illusions about Lorelei Gilmore, the most I can handle in this respect is the scene of her walking down stairs into Luke's dinner wearing only a flannel shirt.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2006, 10:35:53 PM »

Yep, you have to ELF up there as Menard pointed out.

Menard
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2006, 10:52:04 PM »

Yep, you have to ELF up there as Menard pointed out.

Oh gee, blame it on me. TongueOut
Dennis

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2006, 11:30:47 PM »

I'll admit it, just because I don't think it's a Christmas movie doesn't mean it's not, Elf is now on the list.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Dennis

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2006, 03:40:48 PM »

I've noticed that no one has voted for Black Christmas, my wife has told me that the movie isn't out till Christmas day, so I have to ask, has anyone actually seen the film, (WyreWizard included or did the title just get you that upset?). I'm going to close the voting on December 26th at 9:00 pm PST, should give those of us who want to a chance to view the film and vote or not.

Menard
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2006, 04:08:41 PM »

I've noticed that no one has voted for Black Christmas, my wife has told me that the movie isn't out till Christmas day, so I have to ask, has anyone actually seen the film, (WyreWizard included or did the title just get you that upset?). I'm going to close the voting on December 26th at 9:00 pm PST, should give those of us who want to a chance to view the film and vote or not.

I presumed, and I guess many others did as well, that the entry for Black Christmas was for the 1974 film.
Dennis

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »

I presumed, and I guess many others did as well, that the entry for Black Christmas was for the 1974 film.

Then I suppose this movie is a remake of that one, thinking back on it I seem to recall seeing Black Christmas, but don't remember much about the movie,  what I do remember is that it was some type of murder/serial killer movie set on Christmas eve.

Menard
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2006, 05:02:33 PM »

Wikipedia provides a synopsis of the new Black Christmas movie as follows:

"This film is a remake of the 1974 horror movie Black Christmas. The movie tells the story of Billy, a young boy who was abused by his mother as a child (due to being born with a liver defect, making him a freak in the eyes of his mother). While his mother was cheating on Billy's father, she eventually killed his father one christmas (with a claw hammer right before Billy's own eyes) and kept Billy in the attic—for good (since she only saw the husband she'd come to despise when she looked at him), while she was with her lover and starting a "new" family. As Billy's mother fell pregnant with a daughter and treated her with love, which Billy had never experienced with his mother, Billy came out of the attic after 15 years and brutally murdered his mother and her lover (using such objects, as an ornament and rolling pin) as his sister looked on. Cut to present day, a group of nine sorority sisters consisting of Heather (Mary Elizabeth Winstead), Kelli (Katie Cassidy), Melissa (Michelle Trachtenberg), Dana (Lacey Chabert), Lauren (Crystal Lowe), Megan (Jessica Harmon), Clair (Leela Savasta), Eve (Kathleen Kole),(Annette Tibai) and their house mother, Ms. Mac (Andrea Martin), who now live in Billy's childhood home, find themselves being harassed by threatening and intimidating mystery phone calls during Christmas break, and as two of the girls go missing, the girls begin being murdered one by one by none other than a mysterious person (either Billy or someone else) who lived in the house before them...might have been haunting them as well."

Although the basic plot, a sorority house being terrorized by a killer, is there (and gee, have we not seen enough of that plot reused), the addition of the killer's background is new as in the original film the killer was completely unknown leaving the cast and audience to guess as to the identity of the killer.

The original movie featured a cast including Olivia Hussey, Margot Kidder, John Saxon, and Andrea Martin (who interestingly enough is also in this remake, although not as a sorority girl this time).

Though it may be a success (being that Michael Bay does not seem to be attached to it), defining a background for the killer, or supposed killer if they use him as a red herring, seems to take away from the original movie's suspense element. Of course, for anyone who has seen the original, Caller ID takes away from the suspense too. TeddyR
Masked_Maverick
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2006, 05:07:17 PM »

In no particular order

Scrooged (Gotta love Bill Murry's turn as a modern day Scrooge.)
Die Hard (Yippe Ki Yaya M*&^%r F^&%$r)
Home Alone 1&2 (Burglars hitting booby traps gotta love Joe Pesci and Danile Stern falling through the floor for 3 stories)
A Christmas Story (You'll shoot your eye out kid.)
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2006, 08:06:24 PM »

DENNIS, I respect your...um, respect for Lorelai Gilmore. On another message board once I even ranked the character near the top of a list of fictional characters I'd like to DATE (yes, really date, not just sleep with) in real life if it were possible. But I'm only a casual fan of the show nowadays.

OTOH, there is the Bewitched effect (think when the evil twin cousin would come visit, always loved those eps more) of seeing an actress associated with a certain clean cut role cut loose and play the opposite. Bad Santa was that for me.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Christmas movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.