Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:13:10 AM
714147 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  An Awesome Fight Scene « previous next »
Poll
Question: First, watch the video...then vote.  Did you like this fight scene?
Yes
No
I don't like fighting
Are you kidding?  Give me more!

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: An Awesome Fight Scene  (Read 8340 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 02:48:43 AM »

The fun part for me in these martial arts type movies has always been that what you're seeing is impossible in the real world, but they make it look so real and graceful that it's impossible not to believe and enjoy what you're seeing. Another aspect of these movies I enjoy is that the female characters are as good as their male counterparts and are not shy at all about getting in there and fighting. I can't abide helpless females.

I also like how the men rarely refrain from hitting them back either.  I find it obnoxious in western movies when guys won't hit girls in fight scenes.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2006, 02:18:18 PM »

I also like how the men rarely refrain from hitting them back either.  I find it obnoxious in western movies when guys won't hit girls in fight scenes.

I find that aspect enjoyable too, the ladies in these movies usually give as good as they get, now my wife is leaning on my shoulder and it's really bugging me so I'm going to hit her, if I do she'll hit me back and then we can have the first match we've had in years. Could be fun. I have to admit that in the early years of our marriage she once got in a back hand blow to my temple that not only knocked me down but also had me hearing bells for about a minute, since then I've been more careful. Been together for 35 years, the family that works out together, stays together.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 03:52:52 PM »

TeddyR I loved it! I mean, that was just hilarious. Thumbup Thumbup

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 03:57:14 AM »

I've got to add my two bits to this insanity.

One is from Fong Sai Yuk --
Small | Large
is legendary.

And then the final scene from Fong Sai Yuk Part 2 -- with God knows how many punches to the chest -- that one still makes me laugh:
Small | Large
Jim H

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 03:27:47 PM »

I've got to add my two bits to this insanity.

One is from Fong Sai Yuk -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEy5sEKmJms is legendary.

And then the final scene from Fong Sai Yuk Part 2 -- with God knows how many punches to the chest -- that one still makes me laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FoE_G_5Yos

FYI, if someone wants to rent these films, they're titled "The Legend" and "The Legend 2" in the US releases.
Jim H

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 02:08:48 PM »

I'm bumping this because I just saw the film.  It's excellent, and is the only Shaw Bros. film I've seen which comes close to topping my all-time fave of theirs, the two original One-Armed Swordsman films.  The film has possibly the fastest weapons based fighting I've seen in a Chinese film which doesn't use undercranking.  But it is still very old school in story telling, sets, and costuming.  Very cool.

This is up there choreography wise with Lau Kar Leung's best, Drunken Master 2.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  An Awesome Fight Scene « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.