Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:02:46 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  please help me think of this movie!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: please help me think of this movie!!!  (Read 10146 times)
Amy
« on: December 19, 2006, 07:36:59 PM »

ok...this has been an ongoing saga in my family for years....i have very little info on it, but maybe someone out there can help!

i have a scene from an 80's movie in my head, and i think it might be Howard the Duck...it's in a sort of auditorium, and there is a band playing...they resemble hall & oats or flock of seagulls...they aren't the main characters and are only the focal point for a second....they are performing a song in which the lead singer wails "she's a real live pretty girl" to which the others echo " a real live pretty girl"

you have no idea what this will mean to my family if someone can figure it out! 

thanks!
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 08:55:00 PM »

I did a scan through my copy of "Howard the Duck" tonight and did not locate a scene that matches this description.  All of the musical numbers are of Beverly and the girls.  I thought that it might have been "Weird Science," but a scan of that movie did not turn up a match either.

Do you remember anything else about the movie?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 06:22:13 AM »

The first movie that popped into my head was the 1987 film Like Father, Like Son.
That's the one where Kirk Cameron and Dudley Moore switch bodies.

There is a scene in it where the characters run through a concert hall/auditorium with the rock band Autograph onstage singing "She Never Looked That Good For Me"
And yes, the band is only shown for 30 seconds to a minute.

WATCH THE VIDEO Small | Large

Is this the movie you're thinking of?

Fun Fact: I actually got to meet Autograph way back in 1984 when I was 10 years old and got all of their autographs.  To this day, they're the only band I've ever met and I still have their autographs.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 07:16:16 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 05:32:59 AM »

That may not be it. I Googled the lyrics for the Autograph song Ash mentioned. They don't include the line from the OP, unless they did a different version for the movie.

http://www.mothermetal.com/lyrics/sheneverlookedthatgoodforme.htm

Check it out for yourself

Googling the line "she's a real live pretty girl" was pretty much a dead end. One of the results appeared to be Amy submitting the question to another website. They got nowhere definite either.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 08:28:30 AM »

I also Googled the lyrics she wrote down and found nothing.
Maybe she mixed them up in her head.  I've done that before myself.

I guess we'll have to wait for her to come back here and confirm it.
Amy
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 12:19:28 AM »

Sorry to keep all of you waiting!  

Um....no, it's not the kirk cameron movie....and i can't think of anything else from the movie to help us at all!!!!

amy
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 12:28:53 AM »

oh man, i'm so bummed it wasn't howard the duck....i really thought i had it!

i also thought it might be that old demi moore movie, where she's that folk rock singing chick with braids...anyone know that one well?

then somone said maybe a nerds movie......

i may have to buy a six pack of coke and a bag of cheese doodles and sit down and watch all of them til i find it...

god help me...
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 01:05:20 AM »

It could be "Love Lines", which revolves around a battle of the bands.
I've got another title on the tip of my brain, but I can't think of it right now.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 05:34:37 PM »

Demi Moore played a folk singer type in two 80s movies, No Small Affair and One Crazy Summer. Don't remember a scene like you describe in either one, but it's been a while. I've seen both numerous times, especially the second one, a pretty decent wacky summer comedy in a low expectation/80s nostaglia kind of way.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
JayOh
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 09:49:33 PM »

The first thing that popped into my head was The Tubes - She's a Beauty.. "you can talk to a pretty girl..."
Viktorcrayon
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 02:37:40 PM »

Buckaroo banzai?
Jessamyn
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 03:14:41 AM »

I'm 87% certain that the song is "Pretty Girl" by Jeff Scott from the 80's dance movie, "Fast Forward."

If I'm not mistaken, it's from a scene near the end of the movie when the kids are about to take the stage in the talent show/competition thingy. There's a band on-stage playing "Pretty Girl", while the judges and audience are rockin' out. (Great 80's cheese!)

I haven't seen that movie in ages, so I might be mistaken about the scene, but I'm fairly certain about the movie. I hope this is what you're looking for!  TeddyR
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 11:13:42 AM »

I am moving this to solved, as it appears to have been abandoned by the original poster (she never answered the email I sent her letting her know a probable answer had been posted).

The IMDB listing for "Fast Forward" is here:
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0089129/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  please help me think of this movie!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.