Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:21:04 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  ROBOCOP « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: ROBOCOP  (Read 18928 times)
Ryanjvs.godzilla
Dedicated Viewer

« on: December 19, 2006, 09:58:25 PM »

Which one is the best? In my opinion it's the second because that little kid is a pretty cool villian
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 11:05:34 PM »

I like the original the best, but the second is not too hard to watch.  The scenes of the various failed experiments is pretty darn amusing.  Making the villain some sort of bizarre Max Headroom killer robot was entertaining at times too.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ryanjvs.godzilla
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 11:46:58 PM »

I like the original the best, but the second is not too hard to watch.  The scenes of the various failed experiments is pretty darn amusing.  Making the villain some sort of bizarre Max Headroom killer robot was entertaining at times too.

Yeah plus in all three movies the commercials are amusing as well. And the gameshow were that guy says "ill buy that for a dollar." Yeah those failed robots attempts I cant stop laughing.
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 03:58:32 AM »

The first absolutely rocks! The failed test with the ED 209 in the boardroom is a classic. Plus the idea of big corporations actually owning the police so they can't be arrested is something woth bearing in mind.

That being said, there are a lot worse movies than Robocop 2

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 05:38:33 AM »

RoboCop is the best.  I had never seen anything like it at the time and I still haven't, really.  I consider it to be a near-perfect film.

RoboCop 2 is much more of a standard "movie" than RoboCop but it is very enjoyable.  I think the cast and crew were having a pretty good time, too.  Had Basil Poledouris done the score, it would have been improved a hundredfold, though Leonard Rosenman's music isn't bad.  I'm glad they spent at least a token effort to deal with the lingering bits of Murphy's former life.  RoboCop 2 was also one of the last really violent movies with really twisted and evil villains to come out before things got more sanitized and PC during the 90s.

I want to like RoboCop 3, and I'm glad it was made, but it doesn't stack up to 1 and 2.  If it was just some movie I stumbled across while channel surfing, I'd probably like it more than I do.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 06:01:28 AM »

The first one. The satire is the sharpest and the story, action, violence, and acting are the best of the series.

Wasn't "I'll buy that for a dollar!" from a sitcom rather than a game show. Some of tried to adopt that as a catchphrase in school, it didn't stick.

I love how the support for the Ed 209 program dealt with that it would be a profitable production line due to the supply and maintenance contracts and Third World military sales, regardless of whether the product actually worked as it was supposed to.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 06:11:25 AM »

Definitely the first Robocop.
I want one of those huge rifles they blow cars up with in that movie.

And it's always funny to hear Kurtwood Smith as Boddicker say, "Just gimme my f*ckin' phone call." and spit blood on the police forms.  (That's the only line I can ever remember from the movie)
That guy can always be counted on to play a real jerk.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 06:40:05 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 07:21:43 AM »

I heard from someone he needs a sound board, and I agree. Does anyone here have flash?

Now the Robocop trilogy have their strengths, for Robocop 1, the strength was plot, in two, action, and in three, theme. The best is probably Robocop 1, my personal favorite is Robocop 2.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 08:12:30 AM »

I'd rate them in the order they were made. Robocop was something different when it came out (The same year as Predator, which was also something different).

I think the third one is underrated. It sat in the can for almost three years because Orion went bankrupt.

I'm in a minority, but I actually liked the TV series. It was much more satirical than movies, I thought it was very funny.  I guess that's why most people don't like it, the violence was toned down a lot.  I loved the villians like Cray Z. Malardo and Pudd-face Morgan.  One of my favorites was when the women's rights activists kidnapped the Chairman of OCP and forced him to do housework.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 10:33:44 AM »

The second one is my favorite.  It had a more interesting plot and the bad robocop was totally cool.  Hated the third one;  good grief, let's get rid of the satire and start preaching.  And make the main character a little kid.  Brilliant.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 10:54:14 AM »

Robocop 2 is been my personal favorite since I was a little kid. Actually remember seeing in the thearter when I was 6-7. The first one I saw when I was older but Its still a great movie. The third I don't remember much. Have to see it again.

Useless fact: I had a serious crush on Nancy Allen Officer Lewis in the movie. Fun she was born here in New York City. Also I do remember when she was killed in three. I'm begininng to remember why I don't like it  Wink

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Ryanjvs.godzilla
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 02:37:11 PM »

I'd rate them in the order they were made. Robocop was something different when it came out (The same year as Predator, which was also something different).

I think the third one is underrated. It sat in the can for almost three years because Orion went bankrupt.

I'm in a minority, but I actually liked the TV series. It was much more satirical than movies, I thought it was very funny.  I guess that's why most people don't like it, the violence was toned down a lot.  I loved the villians like Cray Z. Malardo and Pudd-face Morgan.  One of my favorites was when the women's rights activists kidnapped the Chairman of OCP and forced him to do housework.

Never knew there was a TV series, was it a cartoon?
peter johnson

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 03:49:23 PM »

Oy!!
Don't get me started on Orion . . .
Go to the ROBOCHIC review here, if you haven't already . . .
peter bad memories/denny I coulda' been a contenduh

I have no idea what this means.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 04:03:09 PM »

Never knew there was a TV series, was it a cartoon?

No it was a live action show shot in Toronto. A Canadian actor named Richard Eden played Robocop/Murphy. It had different supporting characters (no Lewis) and Robo drove special tricked out Mustang.  It was really done for satire and at times could be quite campy, but I found really enjoyable. It lasted one season (94-95) in syndication.

A couple of interesting episodes were when Robo actually gets to work with his Dad played by Martin Milner.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 04:43:50 PM »

Robocop is a classic in every sense of the word.  Everything about that film is never perfection, including Kurtwood Smith as Boddicker.  The film is one that I quote the most.

"b***hes Leave!"
"I'd Buy That For A Dollar!"

I also refer to any monsterous gas guzzling SUV I see on the highway as a 6000 SUX.  Hell, it's an American tradition!

Robocop 2 never worked as well as the original for me.  I hated the kid as the villian.  I did like the "new" ED-209 in it though.

The third is a guilty pleasure of mine.  It's extremely stupid, watered down in the violence/language department and has that annoying kid....but I just love something about it.  Maybe it is the Robocop VS. Ninja scenes.  I do wish that film hadn't killed Fred Dekker's career.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  ROBOCOP « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.