Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:38:19 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Favorite Pro Wrestler? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who is/was Your Favorite Professional Wrestler Of All Time?
Hulk Hogan - 0 (0%)
Ric Flair - 1 (8.3%)
Andre The Giant - 1 (8.3%)
Dusty Rhodes - 0 (0%)
Harley Race - 0 (0%)
Bruno Samartino - 0 (0%)
Buddy Rogers - 0 (0%)
Terry Funk - 0 (0%)
Dory Funk Jr. - 0 (0%)
Bruiser Brody - 0 (0%)
Abdullah The Butcher - 0 (0%)
Bret Hart - 0 (0%)
Stan Hanson - 0 (0%)
Georgeous George - 1 (8.3%)
Nick Bockwinkel - 0 (0%)
Verne Gagne - 0 (0%)
Ivan Koloff - 0 (0%)
The Shiek (original) - 0 (0%)
The Iron Shiek - 0 (0%)
Roddy Piper - 1 (8.3%)
Jimmy Snuka - 0 (0%)
The Undertaker - 2 (16.7%)
Mick Foley (a.k.a. Mankind & Catus Jack) - 1 (8.3%)
Steve Austin - 0 (0%)
Antonio Rocca - 0 (0%)
Jerry Lawler - 0 (0%)
Superstar Billy Graham - 1 (8.3%)
Ed "The Strangler" Lewis - 0 (0%)
Giant Baba - 0 (0%)
Antonio Inoki - 0 (0%)
Bill Goldberg - 0 (0%)
John Cena - 0 (0%)
Brock Lesnar - 0 (0%)
The Big Show - 0 (0%)
Sting - 0 (0%)
Tor Johnson - 1 (8.3%)
Randy Savage - 1 (8.3%)
Rick Martel - 0 (0%)
Jesse Ventura - 0 (0%)
Shawn Micheals - 1 (8.3%)
Lou Thesz - 0 (0%)
Jake Roberts - 0 (0%)
Barry Windham - 0 (0%)
The Fabulous Freebirds - 0 (0%)
Kevin Sullivan - 0 (0%)
Mil Mascaras - 0 (0%)
The Masked Superstar - 0 (0%)
Triple H - 0 (0%)
Ronnie Garvin - 0 (0%)
Sgt. Slaughter - 0 (0%)
George "The Animal" Steele - 0 (0%)
The Great Kabuki - 0 (0%)
The Ultimate Warrior - 1 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Favorite Pro Wrestler?  (Read 17611 times)
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 03:32:00 PM »

I don't watch wrestling like I used to but it sure was fun to root for certain characters.  I voted for the Undertaker - one of my favorite personas.  I like his b-grade zombie gimmick and his overall brutal style, even though he's not the greatest worker.

As far as technical move sets, etc., I'll have to go with HBK  - always liked Shawn Michaels - he had great psychology too and was a great heel.  Chris Benoit is also a good technical wrestler.

And I must say that Jake "The Snake" Roberts also had great in-ring psychology.

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 10:39:50 PM »

Yaddo, you mentioned some of the very great ones. I can tell you had a steady diet of Georgia Championship Wrestling.

The Fabulous Freebirds and Kevin Sullivan were some of my all time favorites.

How about the Masked Superstar. Truely one of my favorites and one wrestler Hulk Hogan never defeated in the WWF as far as I'm aware.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 10:46:34 PM by Scott » Logged

Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 04:12:55 AM »

I was a fan of Mick Foley. It's been a while since I watched wrestling on tv but I remember Foley being the person I connected with the most (I was in middle school then, give me a break). He was funny, he was different, weird, and he was tough. He fought ECW, WWF, ICW and a lot more leagues in and out of the country I'm missing. He did things other wrestlers wouldn't-- couldn't do. Big falls and bumps, explosions, barbed wire and other gimmicky dangerous things. The cage match between Undertaker and Foley where he goes off the cage and through one table was huge, especially for a WWF match. It was huge for any match. He later went through the cage in the same match. He's been exploded, stabbed, crushed, poked. He wrote two very entertaining books, traveled to Africa and Japan to wrestle, became WWF commissioner and generally epitomized what a good pro wrestler should be.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 06:48:48 AM »

I don't like wrasslin to much,but I DO like BAD movies,and SANTO and the BLUE DEMON are pretty cool. I used to watch wrasslin as a kid,and Bobo Brazil,Haystacks Calhoun,and the original Sheik were fun to watch.George(the Animal )Steele is a classic! This got me thinking of wrestlers who have gone on to make movies...Diamond Dallas Page is great in the DEVIL'S REJECTS.Though somebody should convince the Hulk to please PLEASE stick to wrestling!
Roller Derby...now THERES a show!!!!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Scott

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 11:45:04 AM »

Skaboi, found these neat matches of the Great Kabuki on Youtube.

Here he fights his son The Great Muta in Japan.

Small | Large

Here you'll see The Great Kabuki make his traditional entrance teamed with Tiger Mask in Japan.

Small | Large

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 12:06:59 PM »

"Macho Man" Randy Savage was always my favourite growing up so I voted for him here. I like wrestling from years back, especially the late 70s-1980s far better than what they offer today if you can actually call it wrestling, Vince's "sports entertainment" phrase seems more appropriate somehow, nowadays.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Scott

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 12:58:28 PM »

Vince definately named the WWE appropriately, but I think he missed the mark. There are some people who simply hated wrestling years ago because it was "fake" and the business wouldn't acknowledge it publicly. People couldn't just enjoy it for what it was.

Now that it's admittedly "entertainment" more have become fans. We all knew that it wasn't all real back in the day. Why try to explain it to those who couldn't understand it? They have a much worst fan base now than they did back then. Even if some of the fans back then where a bit odd and on the slow side.  Smile
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 01:00:29 PM by Scott » Logged

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 04:55:38 PM »

What was presented years back had a more believable edge. Rules, clearly defined good guys and bad guys unlike today where there are no real rules, no officials truly enforcing said rules, etc.  meaning when someone cheats, it really doesn't create the negative reaction it's intended to since the heroes cheat just as much as the villains do.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
venomx
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007, 02:59:34 PM »

The Ultimate Warrior ! why was he not on the poll? anyway my vote was for Undertaker. listen Ultimate Warrior was so funny he still makes me laf if I see him on you tube ... Ohhh here > Undertaker vs Ultimate Warrior ...
Small | Large
enjoy!
Scott

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2007, 09:24:24 PM »

What was presented years back had a more believable edge. Rules, clearly defined good guys and bad guys unlike today where there are no real rules, no officials truly enforcing said rules, etc.  meaning when someone cheats, it really doesn't create the negative reaction it's intended to since the heroes cheat just as much as the villains do.

Yea, you had the "scientific" wrestlers and then you had the "rule breakers" or "good guys" and "bad guys". You had to get the good guy pretty upset to break the rules.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Favorite Pro Wrestler? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.