Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:30:03 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  sequals that do not connect to the first movie. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: sequals that do not connect to the first movie.  (Read 12079 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 06:58:57 PM »

Russ Meyer's BEYOND the VALLY of the DOLLS had nothing to do with VALLY of the DOLLS at all.Plus,Russ's movie is so much better as well.
Going WAAAAY back...RETURN of DR.X(1939) had nothing to do with DR.X (1933) except the title.It did have Humphrey Bogart in his only horror film.
RETURN of the APEMAN(1944) had Bela Lugosi in it,but nothing to do with his 1944's the APEMAN.
BEYOND the DOOR (1975) was a quickie Italian ripoff of the EXORCIST,with Juliet Mills as a puking demon possessed woman.No relation at all to Mario Bava's BEYOND the DOOR 2,except the possesion theme.It's alternate release title is SHOCK.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 11:54:11 AM »

RETURN OF SABATA.
According to the guy on AMC...or was it TCM?...the Yul Brenner  movie was a re-title  of another film. Good wild spegetti western, but not a proper sequal.
I do reccomend the SABATA flicks. Goooood spegetti!....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 11:25:38 PM »

The mid 80s Return to Horror High had nothing todo with Horror High from the 1970s. 

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
chewbayama6
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2007, 10:03:28 AM »

Shock Treatment (Sequel to RHPS). Absolutely nothing to do with RHPS.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2007, 01:08:05 PM »

How bout the Howling sequels. They made like 7 of them and I don't think they all connect if any. (I've only seen the first three).

An American WereWolf in Paris might count.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 02:58:11 AM »

The second Howling used the ending of the first one as a jumping off point, since they had to go and re-kill the heroine of the first film, and it used a refilming of the climax of the first film. It gets further away from the first film as it goes along, but ehy are somewhat connected.

I've seen some of the others, but have never paid enough attention to them to know if they really connect at all.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Phantom187
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 03:10:28 AM »

well RyanJ I see the house movies more as a series than anything else.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 08:41:25 AM »

after the short connection in the second howling, they rest of the sequels waved bye bye to the first one from part 3 to what is it, part 456? Lookingup

i agree with phantom with the "house" series i look at it as if you would look at a tv series but with feature length episodes ( amityville horror is a good example of this)
tommy lee wallace also tried to do this with the halloween franchise(halloween 3), take it in a new direction and have diffrent stories to tell and the only repetetive component is that it takes place on/during halloween.

rich andrini, if i can recall wasnt there debate that the company wanted to remake "an american werewolf in london" but they wouldnt sell the right to them so they called it "in paris"? i guess it doesnt matter anyway they move sucked wolf dong hard.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 01:09:14 PM »

Joe, I'm not sure. What I heard was the studio begged the director, John Landis, of American Werewolf of London to leave it open to a sequel and Landis refused. Years later the just decied to make a sequel to cash in.

Actually "Paris" did have a slightly connetion, one of the charaters was a daughter of the nurse and the werewolf from "London".

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Joe
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2007, 09:05:18 AM »

so does that make her davids child too? i mean they did knock boots a buncha times wihtout protection(i'm a ssuming) and gave er' a shot. wait ,no that doesnt make any sense cause then she would be a born already a werewolf and didnt the main bad guy in paris transform her? cause doesnt the main character kill the main werewolf/badguy and eat his heart and then they transform back to humans for good? idk my memory is foggy, its been a while since i had to sit through that.
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2007, 10:24:54 AM »

Grease 2: same school, same gangs, some of the same secondary characters (Frenchy and some of the school admin, for example) but that's about it.  I guess Michael being Sandy's cousin was all the connection we were supposed to expect.

And I haven't watched it but I hear that Gremlins 2 is pretty unrelated to the first ...and the Gremlins start talking too!

Hellraiser 3 (and beyond) didn't have $h!t to do with the storyline from 1 & 2 - about the only thing that connected them was Pinhead and the Lament(sp?) box, which were kinda the refocus (the villains in the first two were really Frank and Julia but they had to cash in on Pinhead and refocus the series on him).

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2007, 11:17:37 AM »

WOW you never saw gremlins 2? oh well, but it does infact connect to the first one. big corporation tears down the old chineese guys shop after he dies ( billy happens to work for them now drawing up landscapes of architectual designs or somethin like that) gizmo escapes before it collapses, two scientist find gizmo take him back to the lab which is also at the same company that billy works for( in the same building, go figure) billy goes down to the lab after hearing a mailman whistle gizmos song and asks him wear he heard it and he tells him what floor the lab is on and billy goes there finds gizmo takes him out gizmo gets wet and mogwai multiply, chaos ensues. whew, yea so they connect.
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2007, 11:22:49 AM »

ooops my bad ...guess I should have looked it up before mentioning anything :)

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2007, 11:24:11 AM »

it's cool man , i was just suprised you've never seen it.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 11:25:47 AM »

it's cool man , i was just suprised you've never seen it.

P.S. the gremlin starts talking because it ingests a chemical that enlarges its brain making it smarter and more sophisticated wich is rather hilarious.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  sequals that do not connect to the first movie. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.