Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:24:22 AM
714199 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Shaving « previous next »
Poll
Question: How often do you shave?
Every day
Two to three times a week
Once a week
Every two weeks
Once a month
I haven't shaved in months!

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Shaving  (Read 15497 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 12:59:57 AM »

Dude...you should invent and patent that two foot handled razor.
Who knows...you could make millions from it!
There are plenty of men who have hairy backs and want to do something about it but can't.
I'm thankful that I have no back hair and a miniscule amount of chest hair.
I shave my chest hair with a razor and shaving cream...what little there is of it.  I can't stand chest hair.

One thing I forgot to mention...
Stay away from the Headblade

I bought one of these and as someone who has shaved their head for years, I cannot recommend it.
The blades are expensive as hell.
Your hair gets stuck in between the blades and no amount of running water can dislodge it all.

The worst thing about it is that you have less control over the blade.
You wear it on your middle finger like a ring and run it from front to back or from back to front.
The thing is, when using it the way it's recommended, you remove the extra dexterity that the rest of your fingers offer.
The ads claim that you have greater control while shaving.  I disagree.
I cut my head open pretty bad with it.
My scalp bled for over 10 minutes.   

Quite a few celebrities have endorsed this product.
I don't see why.
I wouldn't recommend the Headblade to anybody.

Give me a regular razor anyday.
Stay away from the Headblade at all costs.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 08:43:53 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2006, 01:46:37 AM »

Dude...you should invent and patent that two foot handled razor.

Give me a regular razor anyday.
Stay away from the Headblade at all costs.

Maybe I should.
It's been on my mind for a decade now, & I'm not doing anything on Thursday.

I came across one of these "Head Shavers" earlier this week, while looking for a new nose hair clipper. I thought about it for a minute, then noticed the thing was ten bucks. I'm not blowin' that kinda money on a razor.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2006, 08:27:52 AM »

I of course, get to shave every day.  When I have a day off, if I am not going anywhere, I try to give my face a rest (once a week or so) and grow in.  It definitely makes my skin feel better.  Able to grow a good beard, but maybe I will try that after leaving the Marine Corps.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2006, 06:02:17 PM »

I really get a kick out of some of the conversations we get started on this board.

Let me forewarn you younger guys. Starting at about 40 you start getting hair in all kinds of weird places. My wife once told me I had an ear festish because I'm always after stray hairs in there with the tweezers.

I can't stand these guys just little older than me running around with a friggin' hedge coming out of their ears. Don't even get me started about nose hair.

I'm just thankful that I still have nice thick full head of hair.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 09:31:23 PM »

I really get a kick out of some of the conversations we get started on this board.

Let me forewarn you younger guys. Starting at about 40 you start getting hair in all kinds of weird places. My wife once told me I had an ear festish because I'm always after stray hairs in there with the tweezers.

I can't stand these guys just little older than me running around with a friggin' hedge coming out of their ears. Don't even get me started about nose hair.

I'm just thankful that I still have nice thick full head of hair.

You are correct about the hair in weird places, I found that as the hair on the top of my head was going away, I was growing a new crop on the tops of my ears, so now every few days I take some time to get rid of the ones that keep coming back no matter how many times I pull them out by the roots, and you're right about nose hair too, but I'm not going to go there.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 10:32:49 PM »

I loathe shaving.

I try to get away with shaving only every other day.  After 2 days though, I look like someone who hasn't shaved in months.  Hell, immediatly after shaving, I look like I've gone a day or so without.

I've yet to find a razor that actually gives me a clean shave.  No matter what I do or try, I still have the 5 o'clock shadow.

I've been going slowly bald on the top of my head for a few years now.  It's nothing that really concerns me, and not to the point of shaving my head.  I don't think I'd look quite right with a shaved head.  As someone else mentioned, my head is just too damned lumpy. 

As for facial hair, I have a moustache and goatee.  My wife convinced me to try the goatee a few years ago and I rather like it.  Rarely (about once a year), I'll get the idea to shave it all off and I look quite stupid without either.  I never realized that I don't really have a chin until I shaved my goatee off for the first time. 

Sadly, my goatee is lopsided most of the time.  Can never quite get it to stay straight.   Smile
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 10:35:33 PM by Skaboi » Logged

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2006, 04:17:07 AM »

Heh!
Skaboi....that reminds me of Homer Simpson when he shaves.
He'll shave it all off and then "fwup!"...instant 5 'o clock shadow.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 04:27:10 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2006, 02:51:59 PM »

Sadly, my goatee is lopsided most of the time.  Can never quite get it to stay straight.   Smile

I have the same problem with my beard and mustache, I console myself with the thought that I don't have to look at it if I don't want to, because I can only see it in the mirror.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2020, 01:30:26 PM »

Back in my Texas days this man and I used to dare each other to let the other do weird things to each other and I once offered him a thousand bucks if he'd let me wax his face one morning. He said no, it'd leave scarring, and I said so what, chicks dig scars, tell them you had acne as a kid. He was ethnically Jewish, had sturdy facial hair, it'd come right out no worries.  He jumped out of planes, trained with the 82nd Airborne, broke horses one summer, but he was scared of waxing. I swear men are total pussies about some things. Shaving? Scoff!

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2020, 09:46:58 PM »

ER went full necromancer for some reason.   What's got into you?  :)

I can't stand more than a little bit of stubble, itches, drives me crazy.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Shaving « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.