Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:10:27 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Absolute worst film idea in history « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Absolute worst film idea in history  (Read 25383 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 21, 2006, 03:34:25 PM »

Yes, I have talked about bad films because of their unrealities and implausibilities.  But for this topic, I am talking about a film that really offends me and should NEVER be shown and I would suggest that every American boycott it.  And that film is Black Christmas.

Just what kind of twisted, sick and evil mind thought this up?  A horror film themed on Christmas at Christmas time?  That is so freaking WRONG!!!  Christmas is a time of joy and celebration, not a time of fear and paranoia.  Making a horror film like this is not right.  I ask all Americans not to see this film and never buy the DVD.  We should punish the criminal who made it and the investors who funded this film should spend time in a mental health facility.

We must send a clear message to Hollywood.  No horror films about Christmas at Christmas time.  BOYCOTT BLACK CHRISTMAS!!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:54:38 AM by WyreWizard » Logged

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
zombiedudeman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 03:41:30 PM »

it's ironic that the guy that directed this movie happened to make the most popular christmas movie of all time too
Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 03:52:05 PM »

Spike Lee's Drop Squad was a really bad idea.
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 04:25:23 PM »

Silent Night Deadly Night....that was a Christmas themed horror movie too and I recall plenty of people having your same reaction over it when it came out. It's just a movie, get over it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 05:00:58 PM »

No.  He's back!?

I thought the advent of this new board had scared him off!

Black Christmas is a classic.  I don't care for the idea of a remake, but it doesn't matter.  It'll pale in comparison to the original.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 05:02:59 PM »

I do believe that alot of Americans are  AGAINST Christmas(or at least indiffernt to it) like Jews,Muslems,atheists or what have you. I do believe many religious rightwingers are against horror films. Nobody is ever going to see eye to eye on everything-and thats OK.Welcome to America!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 05:08:06 PM »

What is wrong with you?? Black Christmas, at least to my knowledge does not defame Christmas AT ALL, just takes place during the season.

Silent Night Deadly Night is a bit different, but still is not offensive seeing as the killer is a guy in a Santa suit, not a guy in a Joseph of Nazareth suit or anything.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 05:32:54 PM »

You gotta admit...it's a BRILLIANT marketing ploy! If you don't like it,you only bring MORE attention to it(publicity) by decring it. Oh...I see....you actually WANT people to see it! So your in on a publicity stunt via the web(like the BLAIR WITCH buzz) to promote it! OK! I'll help! HEY! BAN BLACK CHRISTMAS!!!C'MON!!! LET'S MAKE SIGNS !!!!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 06:36:02 PM »

And here, when I read the post's subject, I thought about Sextette.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 07:22:25 PM »

HEY!BAN SEXETTE!!!! CMON!! MAKE SIGNS!!!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 11:34:43 PM »

Look, Black Christmas is more than just a movie, its a message.  Its a message from the the producers of it that say "Go out and kill innocent people on Christmas day."  Just like Jaws said "Kill all sharks.  They're our natural enemies"

Silent Night Deadly Night had a similar message. 

I was part of a cyberprotest against Silent Night Deadly Night.  We sent a letter to the producers of that film saying "Recall this movie, never show it again and never make another film of a similar theme.  Don't send an evil message about Christmas."  It was too bad they ignored it.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
odinn7

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 11:40:14 PM »

Oh yes....you are right! I was going to go see it but I was sure I would get the message that it's ok to kill people during Christmas time as you say.

I know that happened when I saw Silent Night Deadly Night back in the theaters...yeah...lots of people died by my hand on Christmas that year!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 12:04:41 AM »

What makes this a great country is just this, everyone and every group is entitled to their own opinion and has a right to express it, so to quote a famous man whose name escapes me right now "I do not agree with a word you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say them." You go  WyreWizard.
  My own pick for the worst movie idea of all time would be Glen or Glenda, but then Ed wood always amuses me.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 12:14:07 AM »

Look, Black Christmas is more than just a movie, its a message.  Its a message from the the producers of it that say "Go out and kill innocent people on Christmas day." 

I tried to avoid posting in this thread, but alas, here goes.

Here's a BIG secret.  Are you ready?  You won't tell anybody, will you?  {whispers}:  We all already know it is wrong to kill people on ANY day.  We don't need HOLLYWOOD's messages in movies to help us understand that.

No one inclined to commit murder is influenced by a movie, and no one disinclined to do so will be persuaded to do so by watching a movie.  As usual, you seem to be taking the power of movies a little too seriously.

Now, here's the key point of my message:  I disagree with what you are saying, and I am a Christian that deplores the commercialization of Christmas.  That said, I can imagine to no connection between people's willingness to be evil to each other and the theme of a movie.  Murder existed long before motion pictures.

Thanks for trolling again, by the way.  It must be a fun game to see how much mud can be stirred up on a mostly friendly message board.

HAND.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2006, 12:33:28 AM »

No one inclined to commit murder is influenced by a movie, and no one disinclined to do so will be persuaded to do so by watching a movie.  As usual, you seem to be taking the power of movies a little too seriously.

Oh man, how ignorant can you be?  People have done things when influenced by movies.  I mean take for instance "Its a wonderful life."  Do you think that movie stopped any suicides?  I mean, there are no reports of this, but I'm sure it happened.

And what about the fear and paranoia generated by the movie Jaws?  How many innocent sharks were killed as the result of fear generated from that film?

There's another movie, I forget its name.  But in the film, a man kills his wife and turns up the A/C to fool investigators.  Well, some guy actually did that.  His actions didn't inspire the film, but rather was inspired by it.

And how about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre?  There are numerous murder cases where a chainsaw was the murder weapon.  A recent example of such was shown on AMW.

Don't underestimate the power of media, friend.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Absolute worst film idea in history « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.