Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:17:07 AM
713348 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Absolute worst film idea in history « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Absolute worst film idea in history  (Read 25377 times)
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 01:35:11 AM »

Texas Chainsaw Massacre was inspired by Ed Gein. 

Actually, a lot of copycat incidents aren't really because of movies but the news shows reporting
 them and how they blame movies for what happens.   Look at how so many school shootings there were a few years ago in a few months. 

The idea that accusing films because they inspire actions has to stop at some point. 
If not, the enire idea of personal responsibility better be thrown out. 

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 03:13:42 AM »

Oh man, how ignorant can you be?  People have done things when influenced by movies.  I mean take for instance "Its a wonderful life."  Do you think that movie stopped any suicides?  I mean, there are no reports of this, but I'm sure it happened.

Since you called me ignorant, I am inclined to ask you your qualifications to comment with certainty about crime, its causes and its ramifications.  Because I come to this discussion from the point of view of one who has studied sociology and criminology as well as having spent numerous years as an ACTUAL crime scene investigator before it was hyped up for wannabe high school kids by CSI and Crossing Jordan.  I've testified as an expert witness in state and federal courts and if I do say so myself, I think I know my way around a murder investigation.  And it is my considered, professional opinion, that you don't know squat about what you are talking about.

And what about the fear and paranoia generated by the movie Jaws?  How many innocent sharks were killed as the result of fear generated from that film?

People feared sharks before JAWS. You've brought this up before, but I'd like to see some REAL DATA that the number of shark killings actually increased in any statistically significant way after JAWS.  And by DATA, I don't mean some opinion piece in some unheard-of magazine or web site, I mean a referreed, peer reviewed scientific journal artical that outlines the methodology, results and conclusions of the study.  So, what's the citation supporting the assertion of increased shark killings?

Oh wait, speaking of your idea of data, allow me to requote:

I mean, there are no reports of this, but I'm sure it happened.

So, you are fabricating stuff and claiming it as an authority.  A baseless, unsubstantiated "I'm sure it happened" is meaningless.

There's another movie, I forget its name.  But in the film, a man kills his wife and turns up the A/C to fool investigators.  Well, some guy actually did that.  His actions didn't inspire the film, but rather was inspired by it.

Another weasel word approach: "another move, I forget its name: and "some guy." Well, so what?  You are talking about a guy trying to fool the cops after committing a crime.  I doubt the idea to do that came from a movie. People have been trying to fool authorities for the several thousand years human civilization has existed.

The idea, the DESIRE to kill his wife can not be proven to have come from a movie.  Do you even know if THIS GUY saw THIS MOVIE and got his idea from that?  Or, are you creating a link between two unrelated events?

By the way, turning up the AC to fool investigators would do nothing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 07:54:25 AM »

All this is completely beside the point. The real worst idea for a movie EVER is: Giant bunnies attack small town in the desert. TeddyR

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 08:11:41 AM »

No, this was actually preety creepy in my mind, they got those giant bunnies to look damn menacing.

Trust me, anything that's meant to be cute and innocent that ends up killing you is scary as hell, at least to me.

Back on topic, WW, whether or not a person used a method from a movie to kill someone, does that mean the movie itself convinced the person to kill, or just use THAT method of killing?

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Nackl
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2006, 08:55:13 AM »

The worst idea in film history was for people to pay attention to Jessica Alba. Damn it, now she thinks she can act.
Neville

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2006, 01:56:21 PM »

And here, when I read the post's subject, I thought about Sextette.

That would be almost tolerable compared to my thoughts. Are you ready? That darn Spice Girls film.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2006, 02:17:45 PM »

What with the wave of gun violence, they need to ban westerns. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Viktorcrayon
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2006, 07:26:44 PM »

I pray that you aren't serious.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2006, 07:41:31 PM »

Viktor, if you mean Ed, he is joking.  WyreWizard, on the other hand, is the sort that enjoys finding a completely happy and serene beehive, then smacking it with a stick.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Knuckles
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2006, 08:02:14 PM »

I'm not a Christian, not a big devotee or opponent of Christmas, not a friend or enemy of Hollywood, and not about to commit holiday suicide with a chainsaw and turn up the A/C to hide my involvement.  In fact, I've even watched Thelma and Louise, and I don't even feel the need to get a sex change and drive off into the Grand Canyon shouting songs of sisterhood.  So maybe movies, to me, are just movies.

But will you please capitalize "American" next time you post?  That would be very friendly of you, and it would keep me from having to post again to ask you to please capitalize "American."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2006, 09:40:45 PM »

Thanks Knuckles.I f you had aKarma thing,I'd give you one. Actually, i watched the clip from SEXETTE review...and I am conviced..Black Christmas can in NO way beat that. It's still bugging me.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2006, 10:12:54 PM »

Is Wyrewizard the same person that hates nudity  Buggedout from a few years back? 

If so then I get all GIGLI at the thought.  BounceGiggle

I can understand if your really into Christmas the movie title might bother you. I'm not even that into Christmas and the title is a bit of a downer even for me who would like to envision a bright Christmas. Not everyone is fasinated with Christmas, so we allow all opinions in a civil manner of course. No harm done.

If anyone goes to see the film let us know what you think of it. I'm a bit curious. It might actually be a movie that Wyrewizard can appreciate. Because I know nothing of the storyline. It might be a deeply theological film with a feel good ending after all the evil is over. Take a break and give the film a chance no matter what side you think your on.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 10:14:40 PM by Scott » Logged

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2006, 11:39:57 PM »

All this is completely beside the point. The real worst idea for a movie EVER is: Giant bunnies attack small town in the desert. TeddyR

I believe the title was Night of the Lepus, at least that how it was advertised, then you would see a large black eye surrounded by fur, it was pretty creepy looking, never thought to look up what Lepus meant but then who would go to a movie titled night of the rabbit, other than Monty Python fans. I actually took my future wife to see this movie, took her to crappy movies like this for 2 years before we got married, just so she'd be aware of what she was getting into. We found the movie amusing, although I had to put up with you paid how much to see this class z p.o.s. comments. the high point in the movie for us was the sherriff's announcement at the drive in "There is a herd of killer rabbits on it's way here, this is not a joke." laughed pretty good about that remark. One thing I'd like to know, the number of takes to get the actor to say that with a straight face.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
peter johnson

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2006, 02:53:14 AM »

I will probably see Black Chistmas because it has my sweety, Michelle Trachtenberg, in it --
As I type this, I can peer around the 'fridge and see on the far wall a picture of me & her smooching from the time we worked together on "Wizard of Oz" --
I wish wish wish I'd been in "Night of The Lepus" . . .
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2006, 07:54:09 AM »

And here, when I read the post's subject, I thought about Sextette.

That would be almost tolerable compared to my thoughts. Are you ready? That darn Spice Girls film.

I kinda liked Spice World (although I'll deny it vehemently in public)

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Absolute worst film idea in history « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.