Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:29:54 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Absolute worst film idea in history « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Absolute worst film idea in history  (Read 25380 times)
zombiedudeman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2006, 01:25:16 PM »

Bah, this thread is ridiculous.

I just finished my psych degree and no professor ever contended movies make people violent. Violence has more to do with parental upbrining and social class. Most violence is done by gangs in ghettos that don't even bother with movies. There's also a huge correlation with alcohol and violence. Correlation is not necessarily causation, but if you're going to blame movies, why not blame alcohol first cause stats would come in handy there?

And what is this about "denying reality"? People find fun in b-movies because they KNOW it's so over-top and fake to begin with, you have to know and embrace reality before you can find the humor in challenging reality. So NO, I don't think anyone here is denying reality, especially the reality of somebody's lame attempt at being Sherlock. Reality is so overrated anyways. Why stop enjoying fantasy and movies, just so I could go and live a boring uncreative status-quo life? I'd rather be a b-movie junkie than torture myself trying to impress people with a so-called "realistic" life.
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2006, 02:52:06 AM »

Ah. 

Well I for one am thankful for Wyrewizard's post.  That way the new members [of which there is quite a good new batch actually] can learn. 

WW pops up everynow and then, and occasionally makes an ok, but very contentious argument, and then dissappears for a while.  They'll be back though.  Very occasionally there is some good points there which leads you to realise that he/she is a crafty wizard, who isn't a total idiot, or at least I'd hope not.

But I wouldn't get too wound up by his cries of 'come on guys, stop being so mean'.

So yeah, zombiedudeman, these threads are ridiculous, but it is fun on occasion to vent a bit of online anger at wyrewizard for making an idiotic point.  I like the arguments that could be had from these posts, but when you're arguing against a brick wall of ignorance with no actual arguments other than 'I've head...' etc it does make it hard.

So don't let this chap stop actual intelligent discussions.  Media [in any form] and it's influence on people is a pretty contentious but pretty good discussion to have.   Especially subtle influences.

I remember when Need For Speed Underground first came out a while back my friends and I played it quite a bit, and I do remember driving home from his place down some back streets, and not realising for the first few seconds that I had floored it and got up to 80km/h in a 50 zone.  Fun, and it was safe, but the fact that I didn't really realise made me think to myself 'hang on a minute'.

My excuse was lack of sleep adding to me not paying attention, but to completely rule out the media's influence on someone is just as bad as saying that it will always cause trouble.

I suppose it's a combination of factors, rather than just the one.

Anyways, just an interesting bent to really get us off topic...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Flangepart

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2006, 03:56:21 PM »

I go with the combo factor. A movie can give you an idea, but its still your responsability what you'll do with it.
I've learned lots of things from movies...but a lot of them, i woulden't do for love or money.
Not so for many troubles souls, sadly. But, i can't speak for them, just myself.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2006, 05:18:18 PM »

I can't believe this thread is still going.

Please make it stop.

As for my two cents, some idiot is always finding something to blame behavior on besides the person exhibiting it.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Rombles
Dedicated Viewer

Stupid fat hobbit...

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2006, 05:47:46 AM »

I suspect WW only posts occasionally here because in between he is probably stuck in arguments about some of the ridiculously unrealistic movies listed over at the IMDB.  I don't mean to promote another website, but honestly, you should see some of the implausible nonsense perpetrated on innocent imaginations in some of the movies listed there!  While providing a higher strike-rate here, it is a much smaller pool to fish in.  Just remember buddy, fish in it, don't sh*t in it.

And "Igor And The Lunatics" is the worst movie idea ever.

Brrrrrrrraaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2006, 06:28:56 AM »

I've read the boards at IMDB, wow, is that place a collection of bad grammar and attitudes (without the wit to make it interesting) and worse ideas. Even if half of them are put-ons just letting loose on the gullible and ignorant it's still pretty ugly in there. Sometimes entertaining in a look at the animals sort of way, but even worse than the talkbacks at AICN.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
TexasCharlie
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2006, 11:36:56 PM »

it's ironic that the guy that directed this movie happened to make the most popular christmas movie of all time too

Wow, that's really amazing!!!!  I have to watch these two movies back to back now.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2006, 07:33:00 AM »

Bob Clark was on Nick DeGuillio's radio show on WGN a couple of weeks ago. Pretty cool guy, who is still directing. But like I posted earlier, he also made the Baby Geniuses movies too.

He has said there and elsewhere that getting to make A Christmas Story was his reward after directing the first Porky's which was a huge unexpected hit. 

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2006, 12:31:31 PM »

Mr. Carke also worked on CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY with DEAD THINGS and DERANGED.(about ED GEIN aka EZRA COBB).

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2007, 03:26:11 AM »

Gotta give Zombiedudeman a karma point for the Bat p***y post.    Sides... hurting...   oh, my.
jj
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2007, 05:03:06 PM »

Saw this movie after renting Street Trash, hoping for more no-budget gold, got no budget s**t.  This is absolutely a piece of crap, IGOR & CO. have no heart, jokes or imagination.  This is how NOT to make a cheap movie.  This I learned low-budget don't mean a good flick.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2007, 06:29:02 PM »

Huh?  Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2007, 06:32:23 AM »

why the hell would you dig up this thread? a rush of anger swept over me when i saw it.

like it or hate it, black christmas is a good story with decent execution. when you think about it s**t like this was more or less unheard of in the 70's, commercially anyway, i enjoyed it for what it was. if you though the original was s**tty watch the re-make! with the exception of a few nice bloody ( but absolutley ludacris, character development is next to non-exsistent and people just start dying and no one cares, not even the people in the movie) kills the movie goes off in all these directions and just s**ts all over any potential that it may have had. all i have to say is billy is f-in jaundice and he has an equally crazy sister who i belive is the same actor in drag. its also one of those "is it over? wait not yet. is it over now? nope. how about now? wait for it..........ok. FINALLY!" and when it is over it ends so abruptly. i love special effects and appreciate certain ones when i see them, and that is what this movie had, some pretty cool FX and well........ thats about it.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2007, 11:48:57 AM »

Movies with bad ideas:

Baby Geniuses 1 and 2-  Title alone says it all.

Cannibal: The Musical- Granted, it's a favorite of mine, and very enjoyable.  But it sounds like a bad movie: A bunch of guys go on a trip, they eat each other while wasting time singing, dancing and building snowmen.

Jason X- Jason goes to Space.  Granted, I have the dvd.  But the fact that like, they base the story 455 years in the future, and the fact I can't remember any of the characters names is a bad sign. 

Leprechaun 2-6- Let's send him back in time, in space, to the hood, then the hood again.  Granted, I liked when he was fighting Coolio and Ice-T, but it's just a terrible idea. 

There's more, but I can't seem to think of them right now.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Absolute worst film idea in history « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.