Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:13:19 AM
714336 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Waits Below Interview « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Waits Below Interview  (Read 2201 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: December 24, 2006, 05:37:06 PM »

Hey everyone, I have just about finished the interview process for the cast members of "What Waits Below."  However, if anyone has seen the movie and would like to suggest a question, post it here. I will pick one and forward it to the cast members.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
chrisb
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 02:31:21 PM »

Which cast members are you interviewing? Is it too late to post a question or two?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 03:11:15 PM by chrisb » Logged
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 05:40:24 PM »

Which cast members are you interviewing? Is it too late to post a question or two?

One was a Lemurian, the other one of the South American soldiers (who appears in the credits, though his scenes were cut).  Yes, I can still send them a follow-up question.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
chrisb
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 06:45:21 PM »

Right! I've just finished watching the film, so here are a few questions: (take your pick Andy)

Lemurian:

>What was it like filming in the caverns? (Cathedral, Cumberland) Wasn't it risky running about the
caves without protective gear?

>What was your fee?

>How do you feel to be among the first Lemurians to be portrayed on film?

>Did you get to practice Formation Woomera Flinging? (those bone/projectile things).

>How did they achieve the Lemurian's distorted voices? Did they give you some sort of vocoder, or was it done in post-production?

>How long did it take to get into (and out of) that costume? (the wigs, shoulder pads, tights, furry shoes, lenses etc)

>It was a cheap production, so were there long takes?

>What were the leads (Tim Bottoms/Robert Powell) like to work with?

>Did you suffer any permanent ill effects of the carbon monoxide?

>Opinions on a possible re-make, and would you play a Lemurian again?

Latin American Soldier:

>Do you know who you were playing exactly?...FSLN soldier or Contra rebel? (Nicaragua circa 1983).
And what were those (East) German soldiers doing there? (I'm presuming artistic licence on the part of the film-makers, but they looked like they'd just come from Raiders of the Lost Ark!)

>Were you...a jeep driver/passenger, one of the multitude who couldn't hit a barn door at 50 feet
(except the one who knocked George's rifle out of his hands), or the dude who picks up the pack of
exploding cigars. (Hadn't he heard of that Castro attempt?)

>Why are some of the mercs listed as "A-Team" in the credits? Did the film borrow extras from the tv show? (it would explain the bad aiming!)

>Where did you film your scenes? (Tennessee/Alabama?)

>Did you have to learn any Spanish?

>Did you get to fire your gun?

>Why did the film need an "Eastern European Military Adviser?"

I hope most of those made sense. Thanks Andrew.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 07:28:43 PM »

You hit a few points already answered.  I should have posted the questions I had asked to help with that.  However, let me send two on to the lady who portrayed the Lemurian.  I never thought to ask her about what she was paid, nor if she would do it again (though one of her answers might cover the latter point).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Waits Below Interview « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.