Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:39:40 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movie do you hate the most? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: What movie do you hate the most?  (Read 22672 times)
Seecow
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 02:05:03 PM »

"The first film that came to mind is Pearl Harbor."

Amen! It sucks in every way possible. This is the textbook-example of a billion dollar piece of crap that makes you wanna nuke hollywood and every godforsaken director in it who has made a movie like he s**ts, without any inspiration whatsoever.  
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 02:11:13 PM »

I have several, and they are pretty obvious, if not downright pedestrian.

1) the Bodyguard- I am not against Kevin Costner at al (quite fondof his work, actually) but by gawd I hate this film.
2) 1976 King Kong- This was actually my first non-G rated film, I was all of 5 when I saw it and thought it was just cool.  But I recently re-watched it and its not good at all.  The eco-moralizing was too much (and I'm pretty eco friendly)
3) Requiem for a Dream- I have never seen a director or maybe writer hate his characters or his audience more.   If I wasn't in the middle of an aisle, I'd have walked out, and I NEVER do that.  
4) American Godzilla- 'nuff said.
5) The recently reviewed Millenium- If I wanted to watch a movie twice I would do so.  

Zardoz- Shawn Connery in his most emarassing role?  Just that endears it to me.  
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Flangepart

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 03:09:53 PM »

The first film that came to mind is Pearl Harbor.

This is a movie that was so bad it made me mad. I walked out of the theater angry. It wasn't just because it was bad, but because they had the nerve to make this movie over 3 hours long. I mean how bad can a movie about Pearl Harbor be? How do you mess up a movie about Pearl Harbor? I didn't think it was possible considering how interesting the source material is, but Michael Bay found a way to do it.

Oh, yeah...this ain't no TORA,TORA,TORA.....More like BAKA,BAKA, BAKA!
Ya know...cut out all the parts with Ben and...who ever else was in it,...same with TITANIC, and its watchable. Kinda.
As for TITANIC...SLEEP WITH THE FISHES, LEO! And say hi to Luca Brazi!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 05:33:07 PM »

"Deanzilla" loses a lot of its ire if you just look at it as a remake of "Beast from 20,000 Fathoms," rather than a Godzilla film.  With that done, all you have to do is get past the enormous running time.  Well, that and the annoying raptor-inspired scenes with the baby monsters.

"Sextette" is a film that manages to disgust me.
"Candy" - ditto.
"Can Hieronymus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Happiness?" - painful and disgusting.
"The Trial of Billy Jack" - why didn't you just give all the National Guardsmen and Police pitchforks with dead babies in the tines?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
akiratubo

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 06:07:36 PM »

I want to say "The Matrix" simply because it was a total tease.  It had unlimited potential but only gave me s**tty wire-fu and even s**ttier gunfights.

"Kill Bill" was pretty s**tty, too.  It was almost as if ol' Quentin took a look into my mind to find out how to make a movie specifically for me to dislike.

Don't even get me started on "Hulk".  Because if I think about it too much I might cry.

I think I just might have to go with "The General's Daughter", however, since it was the first.  That is, this was the first movie I saw that I absolutely HATED.  I'd seen plenty of movies that were boring, or that I just didn't like, but this is the first I remember that I wished were a living thing so I could kill it.  I felt conned out of my money.  It was like there was somebody hanging around the set to make sure every production decision was the worst one possible.   It probably wouldn't seem that bad if I were to watch it again but it sticks out simply because it was the first.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
peter johnson

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 08:55:15 PM »

Not to p people o, here, but some of the films I hate are also loved by some of our regular posters -- Guess it just boils down to a matter of taste.  Like the man said, "hate for whatever reason" -- okay:
     Equinox -- both versions -- God knows I've tried, tried, tried to appreciate this thing, but I still find it lame and awful on every level.  A friend has the deluxe boxed set & spent a few hours one afternoon trying to make me see the glory of this film.  Didn't work.  Still hate hate hate this movie.
     The Valachi Papers, with Charles Bronson.  An exploitation film trying to ride on the whole "Godfather" thing.  A mobster gets a blowjob at a funeral, in broad daylight, with mothers and children standing around -- he rips the clothes off this girl and she goes down on him right then & there in a crowd of mourners.  Then he gets his head blown off, & everyone is covered in blood.  Then everyone goes out and tortures this guy in a barber's chair.  Endless gore and pointless violence with no discernable story.  Puke.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Ometiklan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2006, 11:33:21 PM »

Anything with Adam Sandler... Is this goofball really worth 20 million dollars A movie?   Thumbdown
I Think Not!

And when he shall die
Take him and cut him into little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night,
And pay no worship to the garish sun.
Menard
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2006, 09:29:25 AM »

Zardoz: The mention of the words bad and painful bring up memories of this. There are some peolpe who really like this movie; there are sanitariums for such people too.

What the hell is wrong with you?

I'm sane; how about you?

I think his problem was the incredibly rude way you phrased your comment: "If you like this movie, you belong in a sanitarium."

Anyway, Zardoz is a masterpiece. And, yes, I am completely sane.

DUNE

My favorite sci-fi film. David Lynch hasn't got a single turkey to his name.

If you are going to bother to quote somebody, it would help if you actually quoted them rather than twisting it in any damn fashion you wish. Zardoz is far from a masterpiece and you are not looking very stable when you cannot even quote something correctly when it is right in front of your eyes.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2006, 11:15:47 AM »

[/quote]
2words:LOST HIGHWAY.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006, 12:05:44 PM »

Menard and Isaac, I think that both of you are sane, just apt to disagree on "Zardoz."

Personally, I find the film fairly entertaining, if not intentionally deep as a number of people do.  A fun thing about movies is that they can tickle one person just right, making them love it, while pushing all the wrong buttons for another.

"Zardoz" is a mixed bag for me, due to the history of emails and comments I have received about my review.  A great many were, "You are stupid, because you do not understand this beautiful movie."  Okay, I can bite, what did I miss?  I have asked that same question many times over the years.  The best answer I have received was something along the lines of, "People were not meant to live forever."

When the DVD came out, I saw that it had a commentary track by Boorman.  Finally, I could find out what I was missing.  Well, folks, the writer/director missed the hidden meanings too.  I realized that around the time he was talking about using an overhead projector to create some of the special effects.

The deeper message people see in "Zardoz" is either very simple (people should not live forever) or one that was not intentionally placed there.  Seeing it is not wrong, but looking down on others for not doing so is not right either.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Spastic_Immortal
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 12:32:08 PM »

I've hated every single Lynch movie I've seen from Dune to Lost Highways to Mulholland Drive.

Anyway, most hated movie is simple. The Phantom Menace, for odvious reasons.
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2006, 04:00:03 PM »

Here's an overview of movies I loathe:

Snakes on a Train
Arachnia
Curse of the Komodo
The 13th Child: Legend of the Jersey Devil

And it hurts me to say I hate Arachnia, because I usually love goofy monster movies like that, but something about that one didn't work with me.

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
Shaggs[Pl]
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2006, 05:15:14 PM »

There only two I hate:

Meatweed Madness - I've never seen such a boring and crappy movie. This movie has no normal plot, It focuses on tits (what's more, ugly) and stuff like that and first 10 minutes is sight of a paper cow. An it's Troma's! I want to die :( , TongueOut )

Second one is "Lucy Sky Diamond" which tribute is the "Guinea Pig" series. I wrote it in other topic: screaming, moshing and fighting with man dressed in a box. Crap
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 05:18:00 PM by Shaggs[Pl] » Logged
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2006, 05:39:15 PM »

Meatweed Madness - I've never seen such a boring and crappy movie. This movie has no normal plot, It focuses on tits (what's more, ugly) and stuff like that and first 10 minutes is sight of a paper cow. An it's Troma's! I want to die :( , TongueOut )

I guess it is a classic case of great title, bad movie, because that title certainly catches one's attention.  "Meatwad Madness" might roll off the tongue better, though the "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" crowd would be confused by it.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2006, 05:57:03 PM »

It's been years since I've seen it, but my memories of Zardoz jibe almost to a tee with Andrew. I enjoyed it, and got it more the the second time I saw it, but there wasn't anything deeper there. Plus it's from an era of scifi films I find interesting, after the bug-eyed monsters and other 50s tropes, but before Star Wars. People often made scifi movies that were supposed to be deeper, most failed but I admire the efforts.

I love Lost Highway but mostly for creepy-ass Robert Blake. He made tha movie for me, and I wish he had been in more of it. The phone call scene with Bill Pullman is a classic to me.

Yet Blake was the star of one of my nominees for this thread: Corky. Maybe the promo on TV made me think it was going to be just another 70s good ole boy and his car flick, maybe it was because of the state of my life at the time, but I loathe that movie. I loved the opening theme song (reprised at the end), but everything else was just horrid. Watching this poor character screw up everything or have people jump to the wrong conclusion as he is slowly destroyed piece by piece. Just an awful way to treat a character and an audience. I was already in a depressed funk, but this film deeped it on it own.

Gargoyles - the 70s TV movie, not because of the movie itself, but for about 10 years it was on TV so much that I couldn't avoid it. I used to see it and think "they could be showing anything else but this is on again!"

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movie do you hate the most? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.