Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:08:57 PM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Food Poisoning « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Food Poisoning  (Read 8688 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: December 26, 2006, 08:40:34 AM »

Everyone will have to excuse me if I am muddled this morning.  It appears I had a case of food poisoning last night, so I am shaky and uncoordinated.  Keep messing up my sentences too.

They say your immune system needs the practice every now and then.  Hooray for me.

Oh, and if you were wondering, it appears to have been the eggnog (sans alcohol).  My brother-in-law and me both suffered and that appears to be the common factor.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 11:09:16 AM »

Sucks to hear that Andrew. I have had food poisoning twice. Once was for about a week due to some nasty food from a pizza place. Other time my mom caught it from Burger King and than the next day I caught from White Castle. This turned me off from all of the fast food places forever.

Only outside food I eat it is Pizza, Chinese, resturant or some sandwich place like Subway Or Blimpie.

Get better soon.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 11:14:40 AM by rich andrini » Logged

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 11:38:22 AM »

Food poisoning is awful.  I had it a few years ago and it kept me from seeing Leif Jonker's Darkness on the big screen.  Had a whole weekend planned out, was going to go to the Nevermore Film Fest and had already bought tickets.

Hope you feel better soon Andrew!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Menard
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »

I've, unfortunately, had food poisoning on a few occasions. It usually never lasted more than a day with me. I guess, with my stomach being as sensitive as it is, it reacts rather abruptly to tainted food. I have had the case where myself and a friend both got sick from a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream which apparently had been sitting around a little too long. Walmart has been one of the worst culprits for me in ending up with tainted or spoiled food; and having worked as a merchandiser in several Walmart stores, and seeing their back rooms, it makes me even more uncomfortable about buying food from them.

Hope you feel better real soon Andrew. It's no fun feeling like that.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 05:27:08 PM »

I run into food poisoning or a stomach virus every so often - it is usually the latter of the two, which I can honestly say is worse than the food poisoning I have experienced.  My body tends to hurl out the bad food and get over it in a day.  A virus infection can be ghastly, especially when it infects a bunch of people at the same time.  Seen that a few times over the years in the Marine Corps and that is no fun when you are in the middle of nowhere, with makeshift sanitation facilities.

Getting better - drinking watered-down cranberry juice, eating jello and crackers.  Going to have some chicken soup for dinner.  Hoping to put in my normal run tomorrow, but I might wuss out and do around three miles instead.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 10:34:55 AM »

Hoping to put in my normal run tomorrow, but I might wuss out and do around three miles instead.

Uh-huh; rub it in. TongueOut
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 11:58:28 AM »

Hey Andrew...

Why don't you just TROT those three miles, instead o' run?

TeddyR
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Food Poisoning « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.