Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:13:10 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Some of my favorite TV commercial reality flaws. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Some of my favorite TV commercial reality flaws.  (Read 27747 times)
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2007, 01:23:47 PM »

The other morning I took a bite of buttered toast and ended up on a gondala in Venice with Fabian. Hubby had to hurry up and use some drain cleaner so the clog could fly for miles and hit Fabian in the face making him fall into the water, deep,deep beneath, searching for the Excidren. All in all it made for an eventful morning.  Smile

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2007, 07:01:54 PM »

Who the hell is Fabian?

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2007, 07:48:36 PM »

Who the hell is Fabian?
  Lookingup Oops...I made a Boo Boo..It's Fabio.he  he he.

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2007, 07:57:11 PM »

Fabian the old pop idol?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabian_%28entertainer%29

I thought she meant Fabio, the romance novel cover model with a flying avian magnet in his nose. According to Wikipedia he's done ads for I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spread and an insurance commercial where he's rowing a gondola. One of those people who's been famous for being famous longer than he was famous for dloing anything, basically modelling.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
raj

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2007, 08:13:00 PM »

To attract women, I've always found that the scent of hundred dollar bills works best.  Just be sure to leave a couple of them sticking halfway out of your pocket.

One thing I can't stand are the jewelry commercials.  Apparently, rather than being a kind and loving husband, wives will only go for you if you give them expensive trinkets.  Get her a diamond necklace and she'll sleep with you; isn't that kinda like prostitution?  Question

(conversely, to get women to hang out with you only requires beer.)  Cheers
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2007, 08:35:07 PM »

One thing I can't stand are the jewelry commercials.  Apparently, rather than being a kind and loving husband, wives will only go for you if you give them expensive trinkets.  Get her a diamond necklace and she'll sleep with you; isn't that kinda like prostitution? 

Bloom County (the comic strip) had a good strip about this one day.  Opus goes to pick out a modest ring for Lola, but ends up walking home with a diamond the size of a soccer ball. 

I gleefully point out that Beast's human form, from Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" was obviously influenced by Fabio.  It was around that time.  You know, over the years, a lot of women have gone splooter over men had better hair than them.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
dean

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2007, 12:43:20 AM »

Fabian the old pop idol?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabian_%28entertainer%29

I thought she meant Fabio, the romance novel cover model with a flying avian magnet in his nose. According to Wikipedia he's done ads for I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spread and an insurance commercial where he's rowing a gondola. One of those people who's been famous for being famous longer than he was famous for dloing anything, basically modelling.

Don't forget Fabio's album.

I think Susan posted a link to it once a while back.  It was really funny, but I do worry about her sometimes if that's what she spends her time listening to...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2010, 11:19:37 AM »

And here's the answer:   Women are human beings with complex brains and thought patterns.
No smell can ever make a woman mindlessly attracted to anything.  Some smells can make them hungry and some can make them drawn to certain flowers or plants.
I mean to say that a cologne can make a woman mindlessly attracted to you means she ignores what she sees and hears and is drawn to you by your scent alone.  I mean, take this scenario into consideration guys.  You are blindfolded and your ears are plugged.  You are directed to smell 4 women.  Now without seeing or hearing the voices of any of these women, would you be attracted to any of them?
Also, take this into consideration.  You see a woman and she is HOT HOT HOT!!! But her personality leaves a lot to be desired.  She is nasty, curses a lot, has problems with road rage and anger control.  She would throw her fists at any person who dares to cross her.  But she's beautiful, golden blonde hair, deep tan, nice large breasts, nicely rounded tail(my word for butt) and almost an hourglass figure.  Would you be attracted to her?  I mean, seriously, would you?
Colognes are really icing on the cake.  I mean, how many of you guys out there plan for a date by dressing up, styling your hair, trimming your beards and staches and throwing a little splash of cologne?  When a girl comes knocking on your door, does she greet you with a pleasant smile and a warm hello?  Or is she silent for a few seconds with a mindless stare in her eyes then suddenly knocks you down to make love to you?  I very seriously doubt the second scenario happens.
Colognes just help set the mood.  How you look and behave to a woman is more likely to attract her to you than how you smell to her.
Personally, I don't believe in love at first sight.  Sexual attraction at first sight is more realistic.  Nobody falls in love with a person simply by how they look.  They fall more in love with a person based on their personalities and any common interests they have.  Falling in love develops gradually, not instantly.  If it did, life wouldn't be very interesting.
If you guys are wondering how you can attract a woman, get to know her first.  I mean its like in my novel Tales of Ancient Xenar: Warrior's Lore "Knowledge is the greatest power of all."  The more you know about a certain woman and the more she knows about you, the more likely something can develop.
I remember reading the stuff from a guy named Ross Jeffries, developer of Speed Seduction.  Basically what Speed Seduction says is "Be a jerk to all women.  Women are attracted to bad boys."  Frankly, I find that ridiculous and stupid.  It seems to assume all women are masochists.  While women may like something different, I highly doubt they would like something that would hurt them.
Now I'll admit I've been attracted to many women.  Now it wasn't their smell that drew me to them because most of them lived hundreds of miles from me.  And while they were drop-dead gorgeous, it wasn't their looks that drew me.  It was their personalities.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:25:14 PM by WyreWizard » Logged

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2010, 02:24:11 AM »

Erm...the "bad boy" issue isn't as simple as "all women love bad boys." Yes, many of us go through a phase, but most of us get sick of how irresponsible, unreliable, self-centered and potentially abusive "bad boys" tend to be. The women who never learn tend to have their attraction to these people stem from deep psychological issues.

If you're gonna rail on Axe for "false advertising", why not go after that one ad they had where their product turned the guy into a creepy chocolate monstrosity? I mean, you'd think being turned into chocolate and having an immobile face is bad enough, but the poor guy got freakin' mauled by random women! Axe: it'll make women want to literally eat you alive.
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2010, 02:06:41 PM »

Erm...the "bad boy" issue isn't as simple as "all women love bad boys." Yes, many of us go through a phase, but most of us get sick of how irresponsible, unreliable, self-centered and potentially abusive "bad boys" tend to be. The women who never learn tend to have their attraction to these people stem from deep psychological issues.

If you're gonna rail on Axe for "false advertising", why not go after that one ad they had where their product turned the guy into a creepy chocolate monstrosity? I mean, you'd think being turned into chocolate and having an immobile face is bad enough, but the poor guy got freakin' mauled by random women! Axe: it'll make women want to literally eat you alive.

Yes, I know what you're talking about.  That one Axe commercial with a chocolate scent that turned that guy into a walking chocolate candy man.  I laughed at every scene of that commercial.  He goes to women they eat parts of him and he's able to regrow his anatomy in later scenes.  One scene I got a laugh from was when he was giving that girl in the hospital a little gift, his fingers.  She laughed at him.  Towards the end he's walking by a fitness center with a few dozen women are practicing aerobics and they all flock to the window.  He waves to them.  Then a girl on a car speeds by and breaks off his waving arm.  He waves at her with his other arm.

I think Axe was buying into a theory that chocolate does arouse women sexually.  However, I think this is only partly true.  Chocolate may arouse women, if its EATEN, not smelled.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Some of my favorite TV commercial reality flaws. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.