Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:11:31 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Press Release - Charles Band Involved With Film School « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Press Release - Charles Band Involved With Film School  (Read 11594 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: December 30, 2006, 09:09:08 AM »

FULL MOON'S CHARLES BAND TO INSPIRE NEW BREED OF FILM MAKERS

NANAIMO BC: January 8th sees the opening of the revamped Nanaimo Film School and with it comes the opportunity for graduates to have their work appraised by none other than Charles Band of Full Moon Features, the man who brought us the Puppet Master, Trancers and Subspecies franchises among his 270+ (and growing) library of productions.

With the growth of the independent market, Charles is the perfect man to head the new school as its first patron and he looks forward to helping both the school grow and also get the opportunity to guide and encourage new film makers and production entrepreneurs.

The new facility, will offer a number of film and TV orientated classes and workshops such as drama for all ages and abilities, a 10 week film school that will run in the evenings and two week crash courses in digital filmmaking, ideal for those who don’t have ten weeks to spare but want to know the right way to traverse the production minefield.

A 10-week film school will also be held, with participants attending two nights a week, to produce three short movies, as well as learn about the importance of the business of film and TV in building both a career and business.

Booking for classes has already begun, with sessions priced to encourage those who would not normally venture into the world of the thespian or film maker.

For further details, contact Neil Jackson (250) 797 0087 or email at njackson@nanaimofilmschool.net

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 12:48:25 PM »

Whatta tradition! From Albert to Charles! Granted,alot of Full Moon sucks,but ,like Corman's AIP,it could lead to a lot of upcoming filmakers to get their feet wet. More power to'm!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 09:58:09 AM »

You have to wonder why we do not see this more often.  B-movie and cult directors teaching students about making films. Maybe some do, but it is kept low key.  Another possibility is that selling yourself as a good professor in film when your director credits include "Babes from Neptune IV" or some such title.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 11:10:04 AM »

Andrew...you should set up an interview with him...or at least try...

A Charles Band interview at Badmovies.org would be the sh*t!

He'd be the perfect candidate to interview.
Do you think he'd grant it?
What questions would you ask?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 11:19:46 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 12:21:59 PM »

I recall a VHS tape..a "How to make a Movie" type of thing,by(of all people)T.V.Mikels!!! This is the genuis who blessed us with ASTRO ZOMBIES ,the RATS are COMING,the WEREWOLVES are HERE!,and of course the CORPSE GRINDERS!  A frightning scenerio...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 03:35:28 PM »

I have tried to set up an interview with Charles Band before, to no avail.  Though, that was years ago when Full Moon was in trouble - so he might have had other priorities.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 05:29:21 AM »

I have tried to set up an interview with Charles Band before, to no avail.  Though, that was years ago when Full Moon was in trouble - so he might have had other priorities.

Any thoughts of trying again?
An interview with him would be the creme de la creme of all interviews.
(did I spell that right?)
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 09:43:12 AM »

I will chase down the lead after I have finished off some other interviews pending.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Press Release - Charles Band Involved With Film School « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.