Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:39:50 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Anthology? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Anthology?  (Read 17020 times)
Misfitspunik
« on: December 28, 2006, 03:11:19 PM »

I think it's an anthology. It starts out with a short about a guy working in a department store on mannequins, like he paints them or does the up-keep on them. He touches one of the mannequins hand and the finger bends which starts the other mannequins surrounding him. It ends with the store front and the guy is a mannequin.
I know it's not "After hours" by twilight zone.
The movie also has a story about some old man in prision and he carves these perfect little human statues, complete with organs and stuff, out of clay. He ends up dieing but the statues start killing people.

Maybe I'm getting a couple of anthologies mixed up but it seem, from what I can remember, that those were in the same movie.

Thanks for any help.
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 04:06:53 PM »

Do you know roughly when the film was made, say what decade?

The first story you describe sounds like a short I remember from the 80s that used to air on USA Network when they had to fill time between movies. But it ran on it's own not as part of an anthology there. Maybe they broke the short films up as interstitial programming. Does the guy begin to hear voices from the mannequins, with more and more voices adding and the noise building as they surround him?

USA also had a short film about a man working in a shadowy workshop, building a device that we were only shown parts of to keepit's true nature secret. Eventually the device is revealed to be a giant human-sized mouse trap. The man then set the trap and climbs in to commit suicide. Does that ring any bells?

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Misfitspunik
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 04:31:16 PM »

It was in the 80's when I seen it, and he did hear the voices. It would suck if they where just short films in between movies, since it would hard to track down the film. I think there was one more about somebody getting hypnotized but died while under and they get put in a freezer or something?

The mousetrap film sounds really cool. If it is a bunch of USA shorts, they should come out with a dvd.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 12:36:09 AM »

The bit with the mannequins sounds familiar.
I think the short I saw may have been called "Living Dolls".
A few things that stick out in my mind are the worker sticking a fake mustache to a woman mannequin, when the voices start, he tries to escape through an open window, which closes by it'self. The worker manages to escape through the door, only to find another mannequin ascending the stairs towards him.
The film ends with his boss checking in on him, & finds that he's been turned into a mannequin.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Misfitspunik
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 10:17:00 AM »

Bingo! that's it BounceGiggle I found out a little more info on it when I did search for Living Dolls. It was a short that USA network showed in between their Saturday Nightmares features. Also the mouse trap one which was called The contraption. I guess there is another one they showed in which a guy fishing has an apple fall into his boat and when he bites into it, a line sucks him into the water. Now it's trying to find a place it can be downloaded from.

I wonder where I got the clay people and the hypnotized dead person from?

Yaddo 42

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 04:29:43 PM »

Glad you found it, and hope it's available for download.

From your description, I vaguely recall the fisherman short. Cute in a dark, Charles Addams sort of way.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 06:49:56 PM »

I remembeer these very well.  I was a a Night Flight and USA UP All Night fan when I was young and impressionable.  In fact the short "Jack Mack and Rad Boy" still creeps me out. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Flight_(TV_series)
-Ed
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 06:51:57 PM by Ed » Logged

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Yaddo 42

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 06:38:43 AM »

There was another short about a guy getting stuck in a small town after being sent there to stop for coffee (or pie, I forget) by a stranger who told him he needed to relax, when the guy was in a big hurry and was rude asking for directions or something. When the guy tried to leave he kept winding up back in the town no matter which direction he went or how many times he tried. He finally returns to the diner, giving in he accepts his fate, and the camera cuts to a shot of the population sign in the town that increases by one.

"Jack Mack and Rad Boy", I remember that one vaguely, was creepy and disconcerting. When I saw "Bevis and Butthead" for the first time I wondered if it was by the same creator or was a major influence on Mike Judge.

Maybe we need a "Night Flight" topic, that show was jam-packed with fun weirdness and interesting odd and obscure music, videos, films, and such. I'd love to see some of the Atomic TV segments again, videos, cartoons, bloopers, movie trailers, that "Bob" - Church of the Subgenius stuff, and on and on.

akiratubo

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 06:55:59 AM »

The movie also has a story about some old man in prision and he carves these perfect little human statues, complete with organs and stuff, out of clay. He ends up dieing but the statues start killing people.

There was an episode of "Monsters" with that plot.  The sculptor in question was a madman in an asylum.  By the end, he had put his soul or something into the most perfect of his clay models.  This model stabbed the head doctor in the eye with a scalpel or letter opener, something that was on the doctor's desk.  The model attacked another doctor, who picked it up and smashed its head.  She heard a scream from the sculptor's cell, went to check on him, and found his body with its head smashed in, just like the model.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
nada
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 02:04:38 AM »

This is an incredibly old thread but meh ... here's the fishing short.

Small | Large
316zombie
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 05:52:43 PM »

some of these stories sound like they are in a movie called asylum....i'll check my copy...
thanks for the fishing short,it's great! i remember that one,might have it on tape,lol!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 07:05:56 PM »

Dam! I thought ASYLUM too...in particular the killer robot-doll part with Herbert Lom...!   Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
316zombie
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 05:22:44 PM »

so,are we right,or what??
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 08:09:00 AM »

the MONSTERS TV series has the Robert Bloch story "Manniquens of Horror"-which was also used in the film ASYLUM.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0650852/

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
double feature
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 08:41:28 PM »

Yep looked up ESCAPES(1986)on IMDB.com and the first of five tales is called SOMETHING FISHY,which features the fisherman eating the apple and being hooked in.One reviewer on IMDB.com says the movie was filmed in and around Sacramento,CA.Also interesting to note that this and the other tales on ESCAPES were shown individually has in betweens or segueways to movies on HBO,Showtime,Night Flights,and USA Saturday Nightmares.Some others included COFFE BREAK,THE DUMMY,LIVING DOLLS,and THE CONTRAPTION.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Anthology? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.