Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:51:25 PM
714363 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  For Trade or Sale  |  GONE: 20 Laserdiscs - buy or trade « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GONE: 20 Laserdiscs - buy or trade  (Read 19658 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: November 18, 2006, 10:31:59 AM »

I have upgraded all of these to DVD, so the LDs are just taking up space.  Some are new, but many are used and covers may be torn or scuffed.  For any exact condition, please ask.

Robot Jox
Night Hunter
Slugs
Invader
Cemetery Man
Barbarella
Mutant (Bo Hopkins - 1985)
Killer Tomatoes Eat France
Killer Tomatoes Strike Back
Utraman Great (Japanese LD) Episodes 5-6
Utraman Great (Japanese LD) Episodes 7-8
Utraman Great (Japanese LD) Episodes 12-13
Godzilla Raids Again (Japanese LD)
Welcome to Planet Earth
Sleepstalker
Skeeter
Alien from LA
Phantom of the Paradise
American Ninja 2
American Ninja 3

Call it $35 for the whole lot, plus the shipping costs (could be a bit expensive, because LDs are heavy).  If you want a single title or just a few of them, let me know and we'll try to work it out.

Trades welcome, this is my Amazon.com Wish List. (Which gives a list of movies I am looking to add to my collection.)

« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 07:57:24 PM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 05:21:30 PM »

Do you need a special player for laserdisks, or can they be played on a DVD or DVD ROM?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 05:26:37 PM »

You need a laserdisc player.  The discs are about the size of an LP.  They are a bit heavier though.

Once, in the past, I had one damaged.  You would not believe how far you can chuck one of those like a frisbee.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 08:50:12 AM »

The price certainly is right, but I'd have to see about getting a new LD player.  I got rid of mine about the time that DVDs started hitting it big....I wish I never had.

I doubt my wife will approve the buying of an LD player.  Too many gadgets in the entertainment center as it is.....

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
djweevil
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 03:32:20 AM »

Andrew You should hang them on your wall, they look sexy on the wall like haging the hair band records like posters " dokken" "Winger"  do you not have a shrine of insanity ? ;)

Lets go check out the toodlepot, Uh I mean tool depo :(
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 01:27:27 PM »

Hmm. Cemetary Man sounds like a nice one to have, but i dont have a LD player. Maybe i can buy the ont that my art teacher has.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 01:41:05 PM »

I would not buy a player just for for these LDs (or, LD).  "Cemetery Man" is a great and fun film, but it is finally out on DVD.  If you do not already have a LD player, I definitely suggest picking up the DVD instead.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jim H

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 03:34:20 PM »

Is Night Hunter AKA Avenging Force?  If it is Avenging Force (Michael Dudikoff + Steve James and directed by Sam Firstenberg - American Ninja reunion FTW) I'll probably interested in the lot.  Of course, I'm guessing it is actually the Don "The Dragon" Wilson catastrophe reviewed here...

And which version of Invader is it?  Several films have the name. 

We still have two LD players in my house, due to the significant number of films still available only in that format (Radioactive Dreams for example).  If you're fairly serious about tracking down significant numbers of obscure films, they're worth getting.  Especially now, since I've seen players in full working order for like $20.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 03:36:01 PM by Jim H » Logged
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 03:39:43 PM »

"Night Hunter" is the one with Don "The Dragon" Wilson fighting vampires.

"Intruder" is the movie with the computer system that starts creating more complex parts of it and eventually takes over a base (Was it NORAD?)  I recently saw it on DVD and grabbed it, but have not watched the new DVD yet.

You know, very true about some movies being available on LD, but not DVD yet.  "Radioactive Dreams" and "Cast A Deadly Spell" are two that fall into that category in my collection.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 09:02:32 AM »

Updated, with more LDs added to the list.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pilgermann

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 01:56:38 AM »

I'd really like to get a laserdisc player.  I won a small lot of 'em on eBay that included a brand new copy of Criterion's The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.  It's got commentary by Terry Gilliam, deleted scenes, behind the scenes footage, storyboards, and the screenplay.  But I can't watch it!  There's also a Criterion laserdisc of The Fisher King, also loaded with extras.  These probably will never see the light of day on DVD since Criterion owns the rights to the supplements.

Oh, and there's a special edition of Something Wicked This Way Comes with commentary by Ray Bradbury.  I need to get that.

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 12:31:07 PM »

These have now been listed on Ebay:

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  For Trade or Sale  |  GONE: 20 Laserdiscs - buy or trade « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.