Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 15, 2024, 12:35:21 AM
712707 Posts in 53033 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Hard Rock Zombies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hard Rock Zombies  (Read 38332 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: January 01, 2007, 12:18:57 AM »

A rock group is murdered by Hitler and his Nazi family, but the members are then resurrected by a guitar riff the lead singer had discovered.  This movie has me quite confused.  I either want to give it four slimes, or condemn it with a single drop.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 07:58:38 AM »

I recall when I first stumbled upon this mess and reviewed it myself.  As mentioned in Andrew's review, the whole Jessie/Cassie thing was just plain creepy.  This whole disturbing plot point gets capped off during the band's horrid performance of "Oh Cassie" at the end.  Cassie imagines Jessie, wearing a white outfit complete with a really effeminate looking ascot, dancing with her.  My stomach is churning just thinking about it. 

I imagine the only time its better to be Helen Keller is while watching this film.  The lighter than Air Supply soundtrack fits right in with the "so horrible its a crime" editing which is at it's worst in the middle of the film right before the band's death.  I looked like the director's chair needed stuff so he threw a bunch of random material together to kill time. I often wondered if being on acid would help the experience out a bit. 

Thanks for reviewing it Andrew and may 2007 bring even worse movies than HRZ to the bad movie review community. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 11:58:19 PM »

Hard Rock Zombies is just completely insane: zombie rock band, Hitler, killer midgets, and werewolf grandmothers...which is a good thing..

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 05:12:19 PM »

Trying to review this one was like wrestling a greased pig that has human DNA.  Not only is it messy and something you really do not want to do, but the pig's reaction causes you to feel unclean.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 12:19:47 PM »

Trying to review this one was like wrestling a greased pig that has human DNA.  Not only is it messy and something you really do not want to do, but the pig's reaction causes you to feel unclean.

Andrew...I would say thats a good description.  Perhaps if the pigs were from the movie Pigs it would be an even better description... BounceGiggle

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Torgo

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 10:48:36 PM »

Some friends of mine and myself have bad movie night about once a month.

This was one of the movies we subjected ourselves to this past summer around July. 

My brain has felt a bit slushy since.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 12:21:48 PM »

Darn! Never had the fortune or misfortune of seeing this, so I hoped the clip would be of the killer blonde high-steppin' across the seats in the theater. Actually, what she does is not that hard, just ask any Rockette or chorus girl. To do it, though, you just have to start real early in your life, before your muscles and joints have time to set.

And as always, another good review from Andrew.
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 08:46:17 AM »

I saw this film on the Horror Channel (UK, now called "Zone Horror") ages ago and I loved it to bits. I thought it was so hilarious and self-aware. A great laugh.

I particularly loved the line:

"It's like the plot of some awful B-movie"
- "This whole day has been like some awful B-movie"

Oh, and, the midget eating himself. Recurring through the entire film, until he's just a head, which sucks it's face into the skull and swallows that, and burps. Freaking awesome!  BounceGiggle You can't tell me that there's anything in this world better than a midget zombie nazi eating himself at the table with a knife and fork, whilst listening to classical music.

I'm trying to find a copy of this so that I can review it for my website, but unfortunately it's nowhere to rent, and I'd have to import a Region 1 copy, which I can't afford to do right now.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 08:55:02 AM by DistantJ » Logged
Ryan
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 04:28:09 AM »

Ohhhh......Yeah......American Cinema at its finest. B movie speaking.
djmedi4
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 06:41:06 PM »

BEST MOVIE EVER.

I thought Rock and Roll Nightmare was the best/worst film we'd ever seen, but HRZ...

My oh my.

Screened it for friends who share our affinity for s**te cinema, and wound up rewinding it many times (in shock and awe), simply because you cannot believe what you're seeing.

Buy it and prepare to have your life changed.
Jeff
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 10:40:02 AM »

The Music Sounds Like Sammy Hagar, Van Halen With Europe
But Phil Fondacaro Was The Bomb In Ghoulies 2

Tony
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 06:12:48 PM »

Let us not also ask the question, when the Generic Boys (my name for the band since the band's name was never mentioned) played their Zombie number at the end to lure all the zombies into the gas chamber, how exactly did they get to the cave so quickly (with all their gear) and where were the guitars plugged in?

And who went into a chamber FILLED WITH POISON GAS to get their bodies and re-bury them?

And, the one question I never asked when I reviewed this movie for my website, was WHY was this movie made?

WHY????

Drink <---- How I got through it.
ted
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 11:53:57 AM »

Oh God, my eyes!!
Patrick
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 12:48:20 AM »

Almost threw up laughing so hard...so much to mention I will have to take more time to write it all down.  A few tid bits:
  Opening scene with the band rocking out- the drummer, who is standing up, decides to kick one of his drums across the room before the song really starts.  That's when you know these guys rock, hard.
  After the first show- one of the band members (I think its the drummer again) is doing something I have never seen in a movie before.  In his underwear, he is bent over at the waist trying to take his sock off, akwardly hoping around.  This might not seem like much, but it struck me as the funniest thing I have ever seen in a movie.  Why was he doing that in the first place?  Why not edit that out or re-shoot that scene?  Its just so silly and unecessarry a thing to be doing...probably just me but I thought it was hilarious.
  Moving way forward, past the completely gay music video sequence, after which the band is imprisoned in a barn, released and subsequently murdered...
  The first scene after the entire band is killed, the manager is having dinner with the family of freaky murderers.  Of course they were kind enough to host the funeral as well as the wake.  No investigations are apparenly necessarry, and the families must have thought it best to have the band buried on the property where they were massacred.  Buried in what looks later to be roughly 1/3 of an inch of dirt...
  Somehow to this point the plot actually makes sense.  The rest of it is such a mind numbing blur that I am going to have to watch it again and take notes. 

Bottom Line:  This is a masterpiece that defies explanation
NelsonRage
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 02:55:46 AM »

This is probably the best and most extensive review on this movie on the web as well as the funniest. The review is way funnier than the movie lol unless probably watching the movie with the author.
 Thanks, got a big laugh out of it, hope you review more crappy low budget favorites! Cheers
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Hard Rock Zombies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.