Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:25:14 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Movies Need to be Released!? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: What Movies Need to be Released!?  (Read 13708 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2007, 04:13:07 PM »

I have the DVD, which was put out years ago.  My guess is that the first run did not sell well, so they are not in a hurry to do another run.  That is a crying shame, because it really is flashy and full of overacting, but amazingly fun.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2007, 04:46:07 PM »

I have the DVD, which was put out years ago.  My guess is that the first run did not sell well, so they are not in a hurry to do another run.  That is a crying shame, because it really is flashy and full of overacting, but amazingly fun.

I have the ORIGINAL R1 release of Flash Gordon (1980) I've debated selling it as it's going for as much as a $100.00 on eBay.

But for me I'd like to see the old Gildersleeve films from RKO released on DVD along with about 10,000 other old films from the 40's and before.

Also Don Quixote (2000) on DVD, I have the VHS but I'd like to see it on DVD it's on R2 why no R1? And if we could get off the politically correct bandwagon long enough to release the "Song of the South" and many other so-called politically incorrect films.

Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2007, 05:08:57 PM »

They released that DVD back when the format was new. But in any event, I think it has more to do with securing certain rights, than DVD sales.
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2007, 11:38:23 PM »

speaking of legacy edition did anyone buy the new looney tunes golden collection? It has all the offensive looney tunes cartoons from back in the day I keep wanting to buy it... just not for $50
Jim H

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2007, 04:08:16 PM »

And if we could get off the politically correct bandwagon long enough to release the "Song of the South" and many other so-called politically incorrect films.

Supposedly, someone asked Roy Disney about the film and he said that he was trying to convince the suits at the Disney corporation to release a "Legacy" edition of the film. Oddly enough, songofthesouth.net takes this as a good sign. I don't, really. I hope that one day these execs will change their minds and put out an official copy, but I'm not optimistic. I bought a nice bootleg off of eBay a while back, just to see it. I don't see anything wrong with it. Then again, I'm white. What the hell do I know?

Considering Der Fuehrer's Face is on one of the newer collections (and they claimed at one point it would never get a US release), I wouldn't be too surprised to see Song of the South.
R-T-C Tim
Dedicated Viewer

Franco Nero's conscience

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2007, 06:32:55 PM »

One of my "unreleased" prayers is getting answered soon - Jess Franco's "Count Dracula" (1970) is coming to R1 DVD in Feb.

There are loads of random titles I'd love to see on DVD, just off the top of my head:
Arabian Adventure (1979) - from the makers of 'At the Earth's Core', Christopher Lee has a dual role in this production.
Winnetou and Shatterhand in the Valley of Death - the last film in the classic Karl May Western series.
Die Nibelungen (1966/7) - a 1960s German take on the classic legend, directed by Harald Reinl.
Camp on Blood Island (1958) - a little known Hammer war film set in a Japanese prison camp.

...and of course anything else along those lines, there must be thousands of cult films still awaiting a DVD release, not to mention a good quality release!

Mondo Esoterica - Cult and obscure DVD reviews from Nosferatu to Black Emanuelle
Please note: Reviews are fully illustrated and may often be NSFW
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2007, 08:27:38 PM »

I just thought of another one ...

Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence

you can buy it all day long in bootlegs and R2 but not in an official R1 release .... WHY? I have yet to break down and buy a region free player as I have far to many DVD as of now and this would cause me to buy even more non R1 titles and more DVD's is really something I don't need (or at least that what I am told) I have the VHS of this movie but it's about worn out as this is in my opinion one of the best war films of it's type and in my top 10 war flixz. Granted it's no Patton, Saving Private Ryan or Taegukgi but it's still good.

lordwormm
New Visitor

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2007, 03:18:52 AM »

Oooohh...your listings have already made me salivate...

Sorry if these have been mentioned...

MEET THE FEEBLES (special ed., 4 disc)  (okay maybe that's pushing it)

Body Melt if available in widescreen. 

I would like a PARENTS special edition.

I heard about FROM BEYOND, but can't find any news on it.

THE OUTING/THE LAMP  remember this one?

TROLL 2 (4-disc set)

Back to the Beach
Over Her Dead Body
Out on a Limb (Matthew Broderick)
BLACK DEVIL DOLL FROM HELL
NEON MANIACS (Spec.)

and for the ever luvin'  love of pete...
MEET THE APPLEGATES   & MEET THE HOLLOWHEADS  (mega box sets for each including tshirt and action figures.)

So many...

COME ON PEOPLE!  GET ON IT!  ARGH!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2007, 06:28:05 AM »

ABBY (you know,the Black Exorcist?).I LOVE that movie!!!!
The EXECUTIONER ( with Duke Mitchell ,of BELA LUGOSI meets a BROOKLYN GORILLA infamy.) 2 gangster types go on a killing rampage,and eat alot! "Today we eat,tomorrow we kill!"
The DEVIL MASTER(aka DEMON LOVER) by Donald Jackson! I got it on an old VHS tape made in the early 80's...but on DVD,with the infamous Making of...DL doc.,would be GREAT!
CASA del TERROUR(aka FACE of the SCREAMING WEREWOLF) with Lon Chaney in his final role as a werewolf...AND a mummy! And another mummy in it to boot! Maybe even the origanal uncut comedy version with TanTan.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pilgermann

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2007, 11:38:09 AM »

I wish that Anchor Bay would re-release Nightmares as a Divimax edition or something, but they may no longer have the rights to it.  I don't really want to pay fifty bucks for a used copy right now.

The Mouse and His Child needs to be on DVD.  Bootleg DVD's are easy to get on eBay, but I'm sure they're not exactly the highest quality.

Will Vinton's Festival of Claymation would also be nice to have.  They've released all three of the Claymation holiday specials and The Adventures of Mark Twain, so the festival one seems logical.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 03:59:22 PM by Pilgermann » Logged

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2007, 02:22:25 PM »

The Brain (1962) (preferably in its original language with subtitles as an option too).

Amazing Colossal Man

Attack of the Crab Monsters (a quality release)

The Deadly Mantis

Fire Maidens of Outer Space

The Giant Claw

Gog

I Was a Teenage Frankenstein

I Was a Teenage Werewolf

Incredible Shrinking Man (deserves the full special edition treatment)

The Land Unknown

Magnetic Monster

Monolith Monsters

The Werewolf

Battle in Outer Space

Caltiki

Mothra

The World, The Flesh and the Devil

Just for starters and if we were to get into TV Series, there's Boris Karloff's Thriller, Blake's 7, Doomwatch, Monsters, Friday the 13th: The Series and much more.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
lordwormm
New Visitor

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2007, 03:51:29 AM »

What about a Child's Play special edition?

The Great Space Coaster series.

Gobots movie special edition.

Happiness.

ANY and EVERY FULL MOON movie with special editions...would you guys buy them?

TROMA does a fine job I think, wouldn't Mr. Band?

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2007, 07:37:21 AM »

HOMEBODIES(1974) It  told the story of a bunch  of old folks who are to be evicted from their building...and start killing the people trying to tear the building down.One guy is encased in cement,but they mess up and his foot is left exposed,so they hack it off.It eas at a theatre when I was a kid....ain't seen hide or hair about it since.
EYE of the CAT(1969) saw it on TV as a kid....never on video or DVD.I know it exists,and not a retitled movie because its in Leonard Maltin's 2007 M0vie Guide.It concerns murder in a houseful of cats.(not to be confused with NIGHT of a 1000CATS.
MANSON(1972) DAMMIT! I owned this movie,and had to buy it as a dupe from Cape Copy Center....WHY!? WHY won't they release this thing again?I know there are a lot of Manson docs out there,but the haunting music in this one is great! I would even buy the soundtrack,if it existed!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2007, 09:30:15 AM »

Space Raiders (1982)
Sorceress (1982)
Disney's Jungle Book (1968)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Movies Need to be Released!? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.