Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:01:27 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Independent Film Companies? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Independent Film Companies?  (Read 6604 times)
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« on: January 01, 2007, 09:20:05 PM »

Anyone here run independent films? I'm trying to make a tromaisk horror/comedy and I'm curious if anyone else makes films like that. Furthermore does anyone know how hard it is to get troma to release a film? I'd imagine not that hard after buying the Toxie's top 10 box set but who knows.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 12:08:13 AM »

If you're looking to make a film, just do it! I've spoken with a lot of indie film makers and they all say that. Just go out and make a movie and do the best you can with what you got. As for Troma.... I've heard good and bad things about them. They have been a huge help to many indie film makers, but I have heard from one or two anonymous sources that they do take advantage of first time directors and have financially screwed over several indie film makers. But take that with a grain of salt. I'm personally a Troma fan and I snap up any new Troma DVDs I find if I've got the funds. The last two I got ("The Children" and "Luther the Geek") were flippin' awesome! If you're looking for someone to aid you in your quest to make a film, or if you're looking for some advice make a few posts over at www.roguecinema.com! There's a healthy number of indie film biz folks that frequent the forums; maybe they can give you a bit of help.

What exactly is the plot of the film you want to make, just out of curiousity?

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 12:43:41 AM »

Well the story of why the movie got made is almost as funny as the plot but... one day my friends and I were talking about how if we got our names on imdb we could die happy. So we decided to register our short film "Fluffy the Zombie Slayer" that we shot for a high school film final up there... in doing so we decided... what the hell, let's remake it as a full length and we gave ourselves till April 2008 to have the whole thing finished.

Anyway then began the writing process... the original plot was that blantly gay zombie killers Fluffy (parody of Buffy) and Angle (Parody of ANGEL) have to fight off Zombies sent by Sadamm. Since Sadamm was hung we had to come up with something new.

So we dropped the fact that the characters were gay and simply have little hints at it (ie in the trailer the one guy taking a bath while the other is pooping and there was a scene that we never got to shoot in which they share a bed together) and we changed the orgin of the zombies.

The plot line starts off with a crossdressing babysitter who has a baby for sale sign up, someone comes up and asks how much he wants for the baby and the crossdresser says "I'm not really selling him; just trying to scare him so he'll stop his damn b***hing and crying all the time" to which the man responds "well can I borrow him? We popped our football" and the babysitter rents him out; the baby hits cement and is killed; The babysitter in a panic throws the baby into a nearby barrell... the camera pans down to reveal the label reading "WARNING TOXIC WASTE! DON'T PUT DEAD BABYS IN HERE OR THEY MIGHT COME BACK AS ZOMBIES IN ROUGHLY 18 YEARS"

Roughly 18 years later is where we meet our heros, eventually they get a phone call from the mayor of the united states telling them that zombies are attacking pennslyvania... in their rush to fight zombies fluffy accidently hits angle with his car... to save himself for death angle taks a pill the puts him in a pickle (this was a) for some horrrible puns throughout the rest of the movie and b) we're all from PA except for the actor who plays angle who lives in Nebraska and was only in PA for a week so we had to come up with a way to get rid of his character for a while)

Fluffy's best friend Rod picks up the Zombie Queen (aka the dead baby) and has sex with her; then while getting a blowjob his super sperm blows her head up... though she's dead zombieism is much like STDs and the rod has been infected... now he's the Zombie King... I don't want ruin much more but eventually the rod is saved and the rest of the zombies are sent to Delaware to save PA (who cares about DE anyway)

It's probably one of the dumbest movie ideas ever... but so far watching the filmed footage our friends are entertained... good enough for me lol
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 08:52:32 PM »

SaintMort,

The best way to get noticed by Troma would be to enter TromaDance.  I think they've already selected the films for this year, but there's always next year....

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Mitch McAfee
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 02:53:23 AM »

I had a film I made screen at Troma Dance - they then asked to release the film on DVD. After reading the 35 page contract & basically having to sign my life to them for the next 20 years... I declined the offer.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Independent Film Companies? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.