Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:35:03 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  UFO at O'Hare Airport « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UFO at O'Hare Airport  (Read 10861 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: January 02, 2007, 06:02:38 PM »

Now I am worried about going to B-Fest.  This is called "foreshadowing."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/02/ufo.sighting.ap/index.html

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 11:23:02 AM »

Personally,I'm a devout believer in UFO's.Don't know what they are,or where they come from,but me and my brother Richie saw 2 of them once(booze and drugs were NOT involved),and Me and some neighbors saw one as well...both daylight sightings.OK,you can laff now...must people do.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 01:39:52 PM »

I was stargazing one evening and I saw something very strange. It didn't have any lights on it though. The moon light must of been reflecting off it in places. It was sort of squarish ( is that a word ?). I showed my husband and he said he saw something but didn't know what it was. It didn't look like it was moving, just stationery. I hope we're not going looney.    As far as the UFO at the airport it might of been looking for a place to build an off ramp..ha. Grab your towels.

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 10:44:09 PM »

My wife and I have seen some strange things in the sky so it wouldn't surprise me to see a space craft or encounter an "alien". Most of the stuff we've seen however turned out to be something ordinary on closer inspection, it is unfortunate that people tend to describe seeing what they want to see, not what they really saw.
There was a police officier on the History channel who was part of a group of officers that followed a UFO across several townships, he described what he saw, then said he would not call it a plane or a space craft or anything else other than a UFO because to him that's what it was. This is eye witness testimony you can believe because he makes no extravagant claims as to what he saw.  My wife and I have only seen 1 UFO in  about 5 years or so of amateur astronomy, by that I mean it was something that we could not find in any of our books, it was just a square shape, dimly seen in the night sky, not a plane or helicopter, just a shape very high up in the sky, so what was it, haven't got a clue. This is a subject that I have an interest in because I happen to believe in life on other planets. I first heard about this sighting at work, was asked if I saw the news about this on TV, said that I hadn't, they described the incident then said that one of the people interviewed was a passenger who hadn't seen anything, looked a little loaded (dilated pupils) and who said , "yes, I believe in UFOs, see 'em all the time, in fact I even ride on 'em , been abducted". Now whether he was joking or is a member of the lunatic fringe this is the kind of thing that hurts legitimate investigations. I've noticed that when I say "I believe that there is life on other planets, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that they've been visiting this planet for 1000's of years and we don't know because they're hiding from us in plain sight", some people look at me like I've lost my mind. So did the people at O'Hare see something in the sky, yes they did, was it a space craft, probably not, was it a weather phenomenon, most likely. If you want to believe it was ET then you have to ask why would they come so far just to hover over O'Hare airport for a few minutes and then fly away.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 11:51:55 PM »

What I saw was quite  a ways up in the sky...but low enough to say it was NOT an airplane,or a chopper,or a mylar ballon,the planet Venus or a flock of birds. They were shiny,did double  flip-flop kinda manuvers(side by side!) and accelerated at a tremendous speed. Me and my brother were hauling parts of a tree that we chopped up to the side of the road,to sell for firewood.I BELIEVE something odd is up there...I won't venture to guess...(though everyone has a theory...I just wonder.)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 11:59:06 PM »

I just heard about this tonight (I'm not much for current events... too much depressing stuff in this world and the amount of good news is constantly overshadowed by the bad)! It's odd how something that happened on November 7th would only break into the news now, but if you are a conspiracy theorist, I guess you could assume that the all-powerful U.S. government was trying to keep this bottled up for a while, at least until national interest in such an event would be at a low point.

Anyway, weather phenomenon or no, history has shown us that UFO sightings increase during times of major upheaval. Look at all the UFO sightings during World War II for instance. Right now there's a lot of stuff going on across the globe  (mainly in Iraq), so maybe we should expect to hear about more UFO sightings in the coming months.

And if I may ramble a bit, here's a pretty interesting and thought provoking theory.

What if WE, the human race, are nothing more than an experiment in a giant, planet-sized petri-dish?! What if the God so many of us religious folk worship, the omnipotent being that most of us love and fear, is actually an alien being?! The idea was brought up in various works of science-fiction ("Stargate" anyone?) Also, what if we were created by these "gods," for whatever reason, and what if they're constantly keeping tabs on our technological improvements and our overall evolution as a species?

And for the sake of sci-fi coolness, (mostly inspired by "Guyver: Bio-Booster Armor") what if we were made to be the ultimate bio-weapon by alien beings, capable of being gentically engineered into an elite, powerful, and ferocious force in the universe at large? I mean, think of how adaptable we've been over the centuries. If we can survive on a planet like this and "tame" mother nature and take control of our surroundings, then imagine what we could do if we could spread across the galaxy! And imagine if we could change into super-strong monsters and/or cyborgs?!!!!! Pretty damned cool I say! Sign me up alien dudes!

Just my two cents.  Wink TeddyR

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
raj

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 10:12:52 AM »

I thought it was the dolphins who were using us as an experiment.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 12:16:02 PM »

I thought it was the dolphins who were using us as an experiment.

No, it is the mice.  The dolphins all just wish would could swim and sing better.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 09:24:20 PM »

Good point Jordon and true.

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 12:22:51 AM »

What I saw was quite  a ways up in the sky...but low enough to say it was NOT an airplane,or a chopper,or a mylar ballon,the planet Venus or a flock of birds. They were shiny,did double  flip-flop kinda manuvers(side by side!) and accelerated at a tremendous speed. Me and my brother were hauling parts of a tree that we chopped up to the side of the road,to sell for firewood.I BELIEVE something odd is up there...I won't venture to guess...(though everyone has a theory...I just wonder.)

I believe too, even though almost all of these things can be explained as something ordinary there are some that can't, such as RC's or what my wife and I saw, this thing at O'Hare happened on November 6 and the media wait 2 months to report it, and when they do the guy they interview and put on comes off as a nut case, must have been a slow news day. I don't think it was anything more than the weather this time, but there have been enough unexplainable things seen that I'm convinced that something strange is indeed going on.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 12:56:43 PM »

So long and thanks for all the fish! :)

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
raj

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 08:02:06 PM »

One time when I was living in South Carolina, I saw a really bright light at night.  Now, it was cloudy, so I knew it couldn't be a planet or a star, so it had to have been a plane or helicopter.  The only problem was that it stayed in one place.  Turns out later that it was Venus, just at a really bright time.  So I was fooled, and I like to think of myself as being fairly knowledgeable about such things -- and not believing in flying saucers from other planets.  Space travel is just so damn difficult (you'll need either wormholes or multigenerational ships) that I can't imagine extraterrestrials hiding from us.  Besides, we constantly are up in earth orbit, and flying around and have all these telescopes.  With all that I would think there would be much better proof of flying saucers than what there is.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  UFO at O'Hare Airport « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.