Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:16:19 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Best Way To Deal With Iran & N. Korea? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Best Way To Deal With Iran & N. Korea?
Flower Power - 0 (0%)
They Have The Right To Nuclear Arms - 3 (17.6%)
Economic Sanctions - 0 (0%)
Diplomacy - 1 (5.9%)
Let The U.N. Take Care Of It - 0 (0%)
Bomb Iran - 0 (0%)
Bomb N. Korea - 0 (0%)
Bomb Both Iran & N. Korea - 2 (11.8%)
Let Isreal Take Care Of Iran - 0 (0%)
Russia Is A Greater Threat - 0 (0%)
China Is A Greater Threat - 0 (0%)
One World Goverment - 2 (11.8%)
Total War: Let God Sort Out The Dead - 1 (5.9%)
All Options Stink - 8 (47.1%)
Assassinate Kim Jong Il - 0 (0%)
Assassinate Mahmoud Ahmadinejad & Mullahs - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Best Way To Deal With Iran & N. Korea?  (Read 28355 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: January 05, 2007, 09:21:20 PM »

We have been hearing all kinds of talk about Iran & N. Korea for a few years now. What do you think should be done. If you would like another option added then post a comment.

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 09:37:40 PM »

All options stink and I blame everyone

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 10:23:45 PM »

I say diplomacy.
Sit down and try to talk with these people first and only use war as the last resort.
Sanctions exacerbate the problems in my opinion. 
They just p**s off Iran & N. Korea even more and helps to steel their resolve.
We've tried to talk to N. Korea but talks with them so far have gone nowhere.

The people of Iran seem to be decent...very much like us.  I've watched several documentaries about Iran.  The people have embraced some Western values and seem to want change.
It's their radical leaders that are the problem.
If they could be deposed and a democratic government instated, I believe Iran could be a good friend of the U.S.

I think N. Korea is the bigger problem right now.
North Korea to me is like a crazy man with a gun whose been cornered by police and ordered to drop his weapon and surrender but won't.
Eventually, he'll either give up or have to be shot.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 05:25:55 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 10:46:35 PM »

N. Korea to me is like a crazy man with a gun whose been cornered by police and ordered to drop his weapon and surrender but won't.
Eventually, he'll either give up or have to be shot.
And take out every officer he can before he expires.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 11:37:43 PM »

I don't know if there's any way out of this at all...I fear a war with Iran would only go about as well as it has been with Iraq, and I don't know if we could get through to their leaders at all if we talked to them.  It seems to me like reasoning with them is like trying to rationalize with an extreme leftist or right-winger here in the states.  You're not gonna get much out of it. 

And North Korea...those guys are just too far gone for any reasoning at this point.  They have a maniac for a leader, and he has his people completely brainwashed.  And keep in mind, these guys are right next to China...if we p**s those people off somehow...it's not gonna be good for us, that's all I can say.

I don't really care for the turn our foreign policy has taken lately under those in the white house, but at the same time, I don't like how the opposition is unable to come up with any realistic alternatives.     
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 11:50:09 AM »

I am more than willing to let diplomatic efforts solve these things, but that only works when you're dealing with reasonable people or governments, unfortunately all the reasonable people are on the same side when it comes to these 2 so diplomacy is probably not going to work. The rest of the options are all bad too, history has shown that if governments like N. Korea's and Iran's are allowed to start doing what ever they want, they're going to keep on pushing until they are finally found to be a major threat to the rest of the world. I don't care what goes on in their countries, after all it's their's, but do we really need 2 more nuclear powers, no we do not, the ones we have are scary enough. So I feel that reasonable people should in a diplomatic way tell them to stop or there will be consequences of a very severe nature and make sure this message gets to the individual citizens of each country.
If they don't stop, NUKE'EM TILL THEY GLOW, THEN SHOOT'EM IN THE DARK, the reasonable people/governments would only have to do this once, after that, if the situation arose again, the other side would listen when talked to.
I know this sounds extreme but I have found that halfway measures cause more problems than they solve and more pain and suffering than is necessary.

(By the way, the Nuke'em till they glow line is from Hammerfall, a very good alien invasion novel)

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 12:41:30 PM »

No way out.Leave them alone,let 'em kill each other.If they attack us ,nuke e'm and leave.Not a nice thing to do,but it worked with Japan.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 12:59:48 PM »

All options stink.  Period.

There is no answer for this situation.  As Dennis said, diplomacy works when dealing with reasonable governments.  N. Korea is far from being a reasonable government, and Iran is borderline in my opinion.

I don't believe that diplomacy will work for either country.  Sanctions will not work either.  But, war is not an answer either. 

Someone does need to figure it out soon, or we're all in danger.  I don't have much faith in our current administration to do so.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
raj

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 03:21:04 PM »

All options stink.
With Iran, toppling the mullahs without harming anyone else would be the only way.  The Iranian people hate the mullahs - who are corrupt & very oppressive; but if we attacked their nuke plants the people would rally around their country.

With North Korea, it is like dealing with a cult.  The people don't know anything except what the government tells them.  Attacking NK will get the people to defend their country (think Waco).  And I'm not sure a surgical strike could take out Lil' Kim.  Plus, South Korea doesn't want to inherit a totally bankrupt & impoverished country -- German unification was very expensive; a Korean one would be ten times worse.  Probably the best option would be for China to engineer a coup in NK, and put in place a leader who'd stop the nuclear and biological programs (as well as the counterfeiting of US$100 bills and the drug smuggling) and the more vicious oppressive policies.  Maybe there could even be some opening up of their economic system, on the Chinese model.

Out and out war is a bad option, but perhaps we should inform both Pyonyang and Tehran that if any nuclear bomb goes off anywhere in the world, we will hold them both responsible.
Ash

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 09:11:06 AM »

LilCerberus...this conversation is nothing to joke about.  
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 09:30:06 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 09:46:07 AM »

The world is not a movie.Yhere is no answer,or solution.What happens will happen.Trying to control these people will just add fuel to the fire.Sit back,watch the fireworks,and toss a bucket of water on the embers when it's burning out.If it even comes to that.Unless they go Nazi on other countries.Then zap em.You can't control rabid dogs,and caging them is a waste of time.If they start attacking people_kill them.Sad,but true. Boy,this politics stuff could get real touchy...I hope we don't start talking religion here...(though most have the hatred the mid-east has for the western world is in part a difference in religious ideoliges(I don't think I spelled that right...all this heavy thinking is hurting my head...)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Ash

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 09:52:37 AM »

When I think of world politics and what the world is coming to, I think of the:
CLASH OF CIVILIZATIONS
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 10:04:23 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 10:13:45 AM »

Actually,Ash,why NOT joke about it? Is it sacred?Should we laugh or cry? The Bush administration is the big joke.Kim is a joke.The whole world is a big joke.I'm just waiting for the punchline.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Ash

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 10:28:54 AM »

Bacause it's no joking matter...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 10:39:04 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 10:37:34 AM »

I guess I listen to too much old school punk rock.I would not make a very good world leader,or else half of the world would be in total anarchy by now. Lookingup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Best Way To Deal With Iran & N. Korea? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.