Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:44:55 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  The Tingler To Be Remade « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Tingler To Be Remade  (Read 12020 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: January 06, 2007, 09:03:01 AM »

Somewhere, Vincent Price is rolling in his grave.

From Aintitcool.com, not exactly the bastion of reliable information but I have a feeling this one is true:

"It was reported in the trades today that Neil Moritz (FAST AND THE FURIOUS, I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER) was set to produce for Columbia - a remake of the William Castle classic, THE TINGLER. Sadly - I don't think they're going to rig theaters with buzzing seats - nor do I think they'll plant someone in every audience to tear apart... basically a lobster, while someone screams that the Tingler is loose in the Theater. Of course, I could be wrong.

THE TINGLER is a wonderful classic Vincent Price film that relied quite a bit on the theaters to add to the fun of the film. There was LSD use on screen and delusional fear enhancements to cause fear. The scene of torturing the mute woman, who could not scream, to capture the Tingler - that creature that grips all of our spines, that is only destroyed by letting out a scream... I'm just not sure how they'll update it, or if it necessarily needs updating. I do know they tapped a cool pair to write it. Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan - behind the very fun FEAST - are scheduled to try to break the problems of updating the classic bit of horror hokum. Remember, the only way to beat the Tingler is... to... SCREAM!!!!!"

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31157

If this is true, then there might be hope for the film.  I liked Feast enough to put a bit of faith into the writers.  Hopefully they won't screw this up.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 09:44:24 AM »

William Castle is getting the big remake treatment in recent years...and all have been pretty dismal...what next,SHANKS? Or BUG?
Maybe they should get Bruce Cambell to play Vinnie's role-he's a good over the top kinda actor.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 10:58:08 AM »

Another remake, I have only found a couple that were good, but if the writers from Feast are doing the screenplay I would have to give this one a chance because Feast is great. Perhaps the idea of doing a re-make of a Vincent Price film will inspire them, at least I hope it does.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 10:44:11 AM »

Yes, and I am not happy about it, because it will be a remake in name only. Looking back at it, you realize how good Price was in it.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic! But SCREAM! Scream for your lives!"  Then the buzz from your seat. Whoever they get, they'll never be able to top that. One wonders though, whether like in the original, they'll wire some to fhe seats to give off a buzz at the appropriate moment.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 04:00:15 PM »

They ARE remaking Bug... maybe. Sounds like the same name, different movie, I guess Bug isn't uncommon.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 06:43:41 AM »

Wire the seats? And risk the lawsuits? Nah.

I like the idea of redoing it if they make everyone as unsavory as in the original, just update it. I'm worried it'll turn out to be an alien or some "ancient evil long forgotten creature" unearthed in a cave or at some archaeological dig (with mysterious drawings conveniently found about the same time). Plus they probably won't be able to resist either making all the characters much younger, 20-something post-grad students looking for a "big" hook for their thesis work, or injecting some "meddling kids" into the mix, got to get those hot babes in belly shirts and hip hugger jeans onto the screen somehow.

Just had a scary thought of a rap theme song using samples of Vincent from the original.

I'll go ahead and suggest Bill Nighy for the Price role, and watch there not be such a role in this one.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 10:30:07 PM »

Wire the seats? And risk the lawsuits? Nah.

I like the idea of redoing it if they make everyone as unsavory as in the original, just update it. I'm worried it'll turn out to be an alien or some "ancient evil long forgotten creature" unearthed in a cave or at some archaeological dig (with mysterious drawings conveniently found about the same time). Plus they probably won't be able to resist either making all the characters much younger, 20-something post-grad students looking for a "big" hook for their thesis work, or injecting some "meddling kids" into the mix, got to get those hot babes in belly shirts and hip hugger jeans onto the screen somehow.

Just had a scary thought of a rap theme song using samples of Vincent from the original.

I'll go ahead and suggest Bill Nighy for the Price role, and watch there not be such a role in this one.

Oooooooh dear... If they do that, then it may trigger a demonic apocalypse like the one from In The Mouth Of Madness at the test screening. Unless they go with Bill Nighy in Price's role. He'll keep Lucifer away.

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 09:37:02 AM »

i think they might do a good job with it, and im all for wiring the seats, that would kick so much ass. 2 things , definetly has to be released in theatres (not f**kin limited either! i f**kin hate that!) and there has to be audience interaction.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  The Tingler To Be Remade « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.