Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:29:44 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best Jean-Claude Van Damme Movie « previous next »
Poll
Question: What's your favorite Jean-Claude Van Damme movie?
In Hell - 0 (0%)
The Hard Corps - 0 (0%)
Derailed - 0 (0%)
Second In Command - 0 (0%)
Replicant - 0 (0%)
Wake Of Death - 1 (2.8%)
Sinav - 0 (0%)
Inferno - 0 (0%)
Universal Soldier - 4 (11.1%)
Universal Soldier: The Return - 0 (0%)
Legionnaire - 3 (8.3%)
Maximum Risk - 0 (0%)
Knock Off - 0 (0%)
Double Team - 1 (2.8%)
The Quest - 1 (2.8%)
Street Fighter - 2 (5.6%)
Sudden Death - 1 (2.8%)
Hard Target - 4 (11.1%)
Timecop - 1 (2.8%)
Lionheart - 4 (11.1%)
Nowhere To Run - 0 (0%)
Double Impact - 0 (0%)
Death Warrant - 0 (0%)
Kickboxer - 1 (2.8%)
Cyborg - 1 (2.8%)
Bloodsport - 10 (27.8%)
I don't like any of his movies - 2 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Best Jean-Claude Van Damme Movie  (Read 24596 times)
madbliza
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 11:00:00 AM »

I actually like The Quest. Albiet not for Van Damme. That monkey fighter and that brazillian guy were awesome to watch fight.
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 11:49:26 AM »

I went mad the first time I watched "Street Fighter", but I happened to stumble into a TV screening a few years ago. I was mentally exhausted (can't remember why), and I found the silliness far more appealing that time. I even laughed a few times, such as when the heroes are "executed" by water rifles, or when Zanghief learns he's the only member of Bison's army who doesn't get paid.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Amontillado
Dedicated Viewer

John, you know Rosalynn.

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 08:08:23 PM »

Aw, lay off Street Fighter. I mean sure it was disapponiting in even more ways than it had a right to be, and it was more than a shame that it was Julia's last movie, and it insulted the game, and... okay. I like the movie, but that's too much of an uphill battle to try and defend it. I'm not even going to try.

My vote goes to Sudden Death. Powers Booth was a phenomenal bad guy in that one. Megalomaniacal, witty, and a complete bastard. Awesome. I also really enjoy the part when Van Damme tries to convince the terrorist not to shoot him because he's got C-4 in his hand. The gist:

McCord - "This (points) is plastique explosive, one of the most dangerous exposives in the world."
Terrorist #7 - "Save it, I know how that stuff works. No trigger, no bang bang."
-McCord kills him with the tube, wire cover, needle thingamajig he had just made.-
Terrorist #8 - (From behind him) "Drop it!"
McCord - (Turns) "This (points) is plastique explosive..."

Also, McCord's daughter sees the female terrorist off someone in the mascot suit, female terrorist in the mascot suit turns to shoot her but is out of bullets.

Carla - (Click) "F**k! You owe me a mother's day card."

I saw this one with my father. His only critique had nothing to do with the several physically impossible stunts. No, his only problem was: "There's no way in hell the Blackhawks would be playing the Penguins in the Stanley Cup Finals." I had to agree.

I also enjoyed The Quest.

If I can build and install a pacemaker in this man\'s chest, I can damn well bouce a microwave off a satellite!
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2007, 09:07:46 PM »

I picked up that new Van Damme 3 movie pack the other night (it has Kickboxer, Replicant and Universal Soldier in it).   

I hadn't seen Universal Soldier for a while and it just blew me away with how knowingly dumb the movie knows that it is.  No one is taking this seriously at all and there is a lot of tongue in cheek aspects to it.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best Jean-Claude Van Damme Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.