Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:44:59 AM
713396 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best Jean-Claude Van Damme Movie « previous next »
Poll
Question: What's your favorite Jean-Claude Van Damme movie?
In Hell - 0 (0%)
The Hard Corps - 0 (0%)
Derailed - 0 (0%)
Second In Command - 0 (0%)
Replicant - 0 (0%)
Wake Of Death - 1 (2.8%)
Sinav - 0 (0%)
Inferno - 0 (0%)
Universal Soldier - 4 (11.1%)
Universal Soldier: The Return - 0 (0%)
Legionnaire - 3 (8.3%)
Maximum Risk - 0 (0%)
Knock Off - 0 (0%)
Double Team - 1 (2.8%)
The Quest - 1 (2.8%)
Street Fighter - 2 (5.6%)
Sudden Death - 1 (2.8%)
Hard Target - 4 (11.1%)
Timecop - 1 (2.8%)
Lionheart - 4 (11.1%)
Nowhere To Run - 0 (0%)
Double Impact - 0 (0%)
Death Warrant - 0 (0%)
Kickboxer - 1 (2.8%)
Cyborg - 1 (2.8%)
Bloodsport - 10 (27.8%)
I don't like any of his movies - 2 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Best Jean-Claude Van Damme Movie  (Read 24603 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 08:48:54 AM »

I went with Cyborg.  It has such a weird atmosphere to it, such a quirky low-budget feel to it, I dunno...it just does the job for me.  A real throwback to the post-apocalyptic cheese of the '80s.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 12:25:21 PM »

Bloodsport although the guy from Revenge Of The Nerds made a good portion of that movie entertaining than Van Damme did.  The slow motion part where he gets blinded in the final fight makes me laugh for some odd rason. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 07:21:08 PM »

Bloodsport although the guy from Revenge Of The Nerds made a good portion of that movie entertaining than Van Damme did.  The slow motion part where he gets blinded in the final fight makes me laugh for some odd rason. 

Yeah, mainly it makes me laugh since Bolo pulls the powder from his crotch of his pants.   BounceGiggle

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 06:44:32 AM »

A few of you voted for Legionnaire.

I've only seen that movie once...but from what I can remember, it was actually pretty good.
(even though I thought he looked silly in that French Foreign Legion kepi hat  TongueOut)
I might have to watch it again soon.

One of his more recent Direct-to-DVD films In Hell, was suprisingly good.
That one is definitely worth a look if you're bored and want some Van Damme action.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 07:37:37 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
Neville

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 07:30:01 AM »

Yes, "In Hell" is probably his last great movie, and kudos should go mainly to Ringo Lam. His experience in the HK "Prison on fire" series really shows here, and Krakavi must be the worst prison ever to appear in an action film. Van Damme's acting is also among the best he's ever done. If only the ending was better...

BTW, I was quite amused to hear VD in the making of featurette saying that "In Hell" would become an instant cult movie, or something among the lines. Somebody should tell him that even cult movie geeks tend to avoid films with male rape scenes.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
lordwormm
New Visitor

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 04:06:32 AM »

INFERNO/DESERT HEAT

Simply for the cast...

Vincent Schiavelli!!!

Pat Morita, Danny Trejo, Kevin West, Larry Drake, Jaime Pressley, Bill Erwin, Priscilla Pointer, Lee Tergesen, Jeff Kober!!!

Not to mention, but I will...
JIM HANKS  & BRETT HARRELSON, brothers of Woody Harrelson and Woody Hanks.
Neville

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 09:00:16 AM »

Well, it does have plenty of madness going on. My favourite bit is VD screwing the two bimbos he just saved from some rednecks. That, and the final fight.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
~Archivist~
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 02:15:49 AM »

I was a huge VanDamme fan back in the day.  I've seen all his movies up to Replicant.  Then he went Eastern bloc, like Seagal and Snipes, and I haven't seen anything beyond that.  Maybe 'The Order'?

My vote goes to Timecop.  It's the best directed and exciting of all his movies, IMO.  Imaginative and loads of fun.

I watched Bloodsport and Kickboxer dozens of times.  I saw No Retreat, No Surrender (which some of you may know as Karate Tiger) zillions of times and I rejoiced when they finally released it on DVD.  I have the soundtrack to the American version of No Retreat No Surrender, which has a different one from the Australian version.

Lionheart was great.  It was called Wrong Bet in Australia.

I even enjoyed Cyborg!  I got it on DVD a while ago, and was treated to some truly solid Golan-Globus 80's nostalgia.

I thought Hard Target was excellent, as was the other John Woo one, Maximum Risk.  The Tsui Hark-directed Double Team was funny as heck.  Knock Off, though, was just wrong.

Come to think of it, VanDamme has made some really solid quality movies for his genre, and he deserves better than the stupid East European trash he's coming out with these days.
otis_maximus
New Visitor

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2007, 01:08:54 AM »

Since Wake of Death was the last movie I saw with him in and I kinda enjoyed it in the way that I enjoy direct to video action movies now and then. So I'll give it a vote.
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2007, 06:40:49 AM »

" I saw No Retreat, No Surrender (which some of you may know as Karate Tiger) zillions of times and I rejoiced when they finally released it on DVD.  I have the soundtrack to the American version of No Retreat No Surrender, which has a different one from the Australian version. "

OMG that movie was hysterical..."So, It is you! The son! Is it not?"
"But this time it's gonna be different....RUSSIAN!"

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=1DnbW_WRDMk

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2007, 06:36:44 PM »

Personally, I love Kickboxer to bits, but I have yet to see the full film of Bloodsport which seems to be so popular.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2007, 07:50:01 PM »

HARD TARGET is his best by far.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
lumal
New Visitor

14?

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 03:39:53 AM »

I was in this by virtue of Dennis Hansen of Chuck Norris movies fame.
We (brother & I) were Cynthias' bodyguards. Shaved heads at garage, pool and final fight screen.

My brothers Kent, Kimm, Kary were in film. Frank Dux was very interesting in spite of reputation.

<P>
kent w/ Van Damme
<P>
dennis hansen w/  :wink:Mr. Norris
<P>
lori, nanci & theGIRLS fr: pool scene
<P>
VD w/ Michele
<P>
tony Halme THEviking Ludwig Borga WWF
<P>
all these PIC by Kirk fr: lumal.com aka ME

batman@lumal,.com

Kirk Maillet
lumal.com

BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 10:19:40 AM »

It's been awhile since I've seen Lionheart, but I do remember the nutshot.  However, I'm p**sed that you put the piece of sh!t Street Fighter on the the list.  It does not deserve to be up there

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 10:38:09 AM »

Obviously Street Fighter is his worst movie, as it is a cheap piece of lying propaganda. (see avatar)

His most tolerable movie is Bloodsport, the tournament movie that created his career.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best Jean-Claude Van Damme Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.