Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:17:49 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  X-Files (1998) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: X-Files (1998)  (Read 2025 times)
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« on: January 07, 2007, 07:08:06 PM »

It was a boring Sunday so I decided to look through my old VHS collection and this stuck out. Its pretty good standalone Sci-fi film if you know nothing about the show. If your a fan it answers some of the questions that took place the 5 seasons of the show and of course raises questions to Season 6.

My biggest gripe is they really should saved the movie for the end of the show. After Season 6 7-9 where seriously unnecessary as Mulder and Scully where replaced and show just declined. Making the movie almost like it should have been a 2 hour made for tv movie.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 07:09:43 PM by rich andrini » Logged

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 12:35:48 PM »

I saw this, because I was a big fan of the television series. I suppose I liked it less than I should have, because I was put off by all the errors in it. That scene that  supposedly takes place in north Dallas. I live in that general vincity, and north Dallas looks nothing like that. And there are no mountains in the background, in the real north Dallas.
Torgo

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 08:36:49 PM »

I thought the movie was ok but even by that point, the series had almost completely run out of steam.

but any chance for me to get to see the gorgeous Gillian Anderson on the big screen is a good thing!

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 05:16:57 AM »

Two things I loved about that movie:

1.   The moment when the guy is getting shredded by the alien down in the pit, and the two guys at the top of the ladder exchange a wordless look, and then cover the opening and start pitching dirt on it.

2.   The astoundingly content-free X-files-speak.  I don't even know how to reproduce it, but you know what I'm talking about.    "Does the plan proceed?"   "Only in the latter phases."   "Does he know?"  "Only some."  "You realize the risk."  "Is there a risk?" (drag on cigarette)  etc, etc, etc.   Back and forth, portentous, yet content-free dialogue.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 09:19:43 AM »

My big disappointment with that film was that the series asked about 1,000 questions, and the movie answered 3 of them.  I mean, half the episodes ended with some vague assertion that there was some vast conspiracy about aliens and putting their DNA or something into millions of people, and we get bees and a spaceship. 

I mostly liked the stand-alone episodes of the X-files, the ones that didn't end with Moulder demanding answers but not getting any. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  X-Files (1998) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.