Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:13:40 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Wanted: Short-Circuiting Fem-droid « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wanted: Short-Circuiting Fem-droid  (Read 9781 times)
frosty
« on: January 08, 2007, 09:45:10 AM »

I am on a quest for a good friend (alright, not the best phrasing considering the post title)... I am trying to find the movie she saw on TV (~1990/1991).  The scene she has scant details on is a female android that gets water on her and shorts out - she starts going into a loop of "I'm a lucky girl. I'm a lucky girl."
I love my friend, but she is not big with the details on much of anything, but hopefully this is enough to go on.  I had thought it matched "Cherry 2000", but Andrew was kind enough to check his copy of it and said it doesn't really match.
I appreciate any leads - she thinks tracking this down is impossible and I'd like to prove to her the "power of the internet" (James Earl Jones voice-over).
Thank you!
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 10:37:11 AM »

could possibly be "Deadly Friend"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090917/

also could possibly be "Not quite human 2"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098003/
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 10:40:44 AM by Joe » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 07:05:59 PM »

OH! I'll bet it was DR.GOLDFOOT and the BIKINI MACHINE(1965)!!!! It seems like I remember tha t scene in the movie!!!
In fact I'm about 90% positive! I saw it on AMC last summer!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 07:14:09 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 05:33:47 PM »

I did a scan of both "Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine" and "Galaxina" for this scene or anything close.  No luck.  As a last ditch effort, here is a video clip of Cherry (the android) shorting out in "Cherry 2000."

Cherry 2000 - Cherry Shorts Out (1.6m in size, about 17 seconds).

Have your friend give it a watch and see if maybe this is her movie.  It is still the best match that I can come up with.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 09:06:03 AM »

I did a scan of both "Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine" and "Galaxina" for this scene or anything close.  No luck.  As a last ditch effort, here is a video clip of Cherry (the android) shorting out in "Cherry 2000."

Cherry 2000 - Cherry Shorts Out (1.6m in size, about 17 seconds).

Have your friend give it a watch and see if maybe this is her movie.  It is still the best match that I can come up with.

I'm with Andrew about Cherry 2000.  Everything is spot on to the description except for the bit of dialogue your friend remembers.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 06:21:49 PM »

This could be an 90s "Outer Limits" episode too. There were a couple with androids in them. "Valerie 23" and "Mary 25" both featured androids. Cannot recall if there's scenes like described above in them though.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 09:43:19 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 12:00:23 AM »

This could be an 90s "Outer Limits" episode too. There were a couple with androids in them. "Valerie 23" and "Mary 25" both featured androids. Cannot recall if there's scenes like described above in them though.

I did a run through of "Valerie 23" and can confirm that no scene (or one like it) is in that episode.  I do not have "Mary 25" to check.

Frosty never got back to me about the clip (he did get my email and said he would have his friend watch it).  I still believe that "Cherry 2000" is the best match.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Caterina
New Visitor

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 04:21:09 PM »

This is "The Stepford Children."  One of the kids that gets replaced with a robot starts malfunctioning because she get hit over the head, I think.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 09:09:26 PM »

So there  was a sequel to the Stepford Wives named the Stepford Children. Just looked it up at IMDB...a TV Movie! I never knew that before. What a surprise!  Buggedout
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 09:13:11 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 09:13:50 PM »

They did two offshoots of "Stepford" wives that I know of, but had not even considered it could be either of them.  From what I know of "The Stepford Children" this is a good possibility.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094036/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
frosty
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 09:25:15 PM »

Such is the power of the internet... with this hot tip in hand I turn to Google - "the stepford children" along with "I'm a lucky girl" yields one result (double points for winning the "search string that only gets one result" game)... it's a blog.  The quote?
until finally I go completely crazy (more so) and start rocking back and forth muttering "I'm a lucky girl" like that chick in The Stepford Children when that guy pushed her over and the back of her head cracked and started smoking?  Remember that?
Amazing - now all I have to do is track it down in person and I will be a hero... thank you all for your help - and here's to hoping it's the right one (hey, odder things have happened)  Smile
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Wanted: Short-Circuiting Fem-droid « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.