Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:12:02 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Books « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Author Topic: Books  (Read 101441 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #195 on: August 18, 2008, 03:45:11 AM »

I've been reading "The crysalids", by John Wyndham. It is sort of a reversal of "The Midwich Cuckoos", because these time we are on the side of the kids. It takes place on a post-apocalyptic Labrador, where all "different" things, from crops to people are erradicated. We follow the POV of David, a kid that has no external mutations, but who can "connect" telepatically with other mutated kids. As he grows up they have more and more difficult to hide their power from the rest of people.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2008, 05:01:32 PM »

The Digital Church is a truly unique, apocalyptic sci-fi fantasy tale set in the near future, as the earth races towards an undiscovered black hole in the heavens. The story's central character is Martin Henzel, a dark and cynical Hollywood underground artist in his late-twenties, who doesn't know who he is, where he's going, or why he's here. His nightclub world of alcohol and one night stands will come crashing in around him, when he goes on a date with his co-worker, Megan Jamison, whose rich and powerful father, Nathan, is involved in a plan to commit terrorism on a genocidal scale. Martin suddenly finds himself being contacted by a bizarre spiritual entity that exists within the purple fire of nightmare visions, some of which are all-too-real, as the truth of impending genocide sees city after city around the globe methodically being destroyed. Ultimately, Martin will be forced to answer a deeply troubling question within himself: "Can you love?"

Susan
« Reply #197 on: August 21, 2008, 08:33:13 PM »

I'm currently ready "THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN". I like it, it's not dated like some books can be

i'm not sure how much this is helping my arachnaphobia, however...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2008, 03:37:56 PM »

I'm also having to read this pile of boredom:

BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #199 on: September 02, 2008, 11:20:00 PM »

I just picked up some books from the library.  One of them is Half the Blood of Brooklyn: A Novel by Charlie Huston.  It's the third novel in a series of books centered around Joe Pitt, a private detective (of sorts) who also happens to be a vampire.  The series is pretty good, it combines dark, gritty hard boiled detective genre with horror.  It deals with (what I like to call) REAL vampires, not these whiny, Euro-Goth trash, "Woe is me" vamps you get in Anne Rice novels. 

If you like your fiction dark in a Sin City/film noir type of way, I highly recommend the series.  The first novel is Already Dead http://www.amazon.com/Already-Dead-Novel-Charlie-Huston/dp/034547824X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220415518&sr=1-2
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 12:05:23 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Niolani
Dedicated Viewer

Space warrior

« Reply #200 on: September 02, 2008, 11:23:19 PM »

I just picked up some books from the library.  One of them is Half the Blood of Brooklyn: A Novel by Charlie Huston.  It's the third novel in a series of books centered around Joe Pitt, a private detective (of sorts) who also happens to be a vampire.  The series is pretty good, it combines dark, gritty hard boiled detective genre with horror.  It deals with (what I like to call) REAL vampire, not these whiny, Euro-Goth trash, "Woe is me" vamps you get in Anne Rice novels. 

If you like your fiction dark in a Sin City/film noir type of way, I highly recommend the series.  The first novel is Already Dead http://www.amazon.com/Already-Dead-Novel-Charlie-Huston/dp/034547824X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220415518&sr=1-2

That sound like my kind of book.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 01:56:56 AM by Niolani » Logged
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #201 on: September 03, 2008, 12:39:28 PM »

I decided to put down Battlefield Earth since it was getting too stupid for me to enjoy it.  So I decided to start reading Jurassic Park instead.  I'm just about half way through the book and am really enjoying every bit of it.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Books « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.