Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:07:03 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Would you like to have my portal? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would you like to have my portal?  (Read 3935 times)
Menard
« on: November 29, 2006, 01:47:25 PM »

First off, no, I am not referring to the Portal 'o Doom.  TongueOut

I am referring to Zhorkow's Portal; not the CargoShip either.

This portal is the original site with which I used the keyword Zhorkow, a keyword which is unique to me. Just for nostalgia purposes, the very first design of the portal, one of my first sites, is here; you can see a major design change.

I originally designed different pages and cross linked them, but treated them as different sites. I later took a free template and combined the pages into one unified site. The site primarily consists of links, affiliate stores, and remotely hosted content; with some of the games and web design tools being hosted on my space. The create-a-page section is still in its origianl layout as it would not fit with the template; so I just added the buttons to it.

What I am looking to do is to modify the site into a more generic (gee, ain't it generic enough) portal which I can give away to anybody who wants it; basically a template with content. It is all HTML, no PHP, with some JavaScript, so anybody should be able to add their own content and affiliate links. It can also be hosted with any hosting service as there are not any scripts not supported by the most basic free hosting provider. This is more aimed at someone looking to get a first site up on the web rather than a seasoned webmaster who can do better than this anyway.

The create-a-page is not going to be included in the giveaway as it is too difficult to convert it to the template. I am working on a modification of the page and may be able to include a variation.

I don't believe I am going to include the poster store, unless you really want to have my affiliate store on your site.

The pages which will be included will be the home page, the game page, and the funhouse. I will include some kind of web design page. I am also looking for suggestions for other pages to possibly include to make it more of a complete website to give away.

If you have any suggestions, or you would like to have the portal, let me know. As soon as I get it coded, I will provide a download link. I will also provide links to free content and  free hosting if you would like to have that.
Menard
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 06:55:26 PM »

Ah yes, everybody loves a free web portal....er....or is that everybody loves a clown. (I just keep getting those two mixed up) TeddyR

I originally posted this thread on two forums and the response was so overwhelming that it could only be bested by the sounds of crickets and silence. Bluesad

When I posted this thread, I had forgotten that I had already created, mostly, a site for the purpose of giving away a free portal; with a free portal none-the-less.

Searching through my html folder, I came across this site again. Hmmm, I wondered, would Swiss or Cheddar go better with that sandwich? After I got my mind off of the sandwich (and I didn't have Swiss or Cheddar anyway; I was just hungry) I noticed that folder called Women Behind Bars...uh....I mean the one called Free Web Portal (yeah...uh...like I really have a folder called Women Behind Bars). Lookingup

This is a simple site which includes resources for free sticky content (minds out of the gutters please), free hosting resources, free promotion resources, and I am starting to add cut-n-paste scripts to the site. There is also a free web portal (ya think) which can be downloaded and customized any way you like.

If you want the portal, or just want the resources, you can check it out at Get Your Own Free Web Portal. (Yes, oddly enough, that is the actual name of the site.)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 09:00:12 PM »

I think it might be the age old problem of matching up someone who needs or wants something with someone who has it.  There is definitely someone out there who is looking for exactly what the portal will provide, but they do not know about it.  Likewise, people might look at it, file the information away for a time when they will want a portal, and continue on (since right now that is not a want or need).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Would you like to have my portal? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.