Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:21:11 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ultraviolet. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ultraviolet.  (Read 5306 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 09:21:30 PM »

And as for Milla...I suppose I can't hate on her too much, she's gotta eat. 

I don't know, she seems to have a knack for netting rich producer/directors.  Not that I blame the guys, but I do not think her slim and lithe form comes from a ramen diet.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Famous Mortimer
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 03:12:27 AM »

I'm watching Ultavioet this weekend.  I only watched about the first 2/3 but I've enjoyed the heck out of it.
Then, sir, you are mental :)

Possibly the worst film I've ever seen in a cinema.

"The rich will do everything for the poor except get off their backs" - Karl Marx
Torgo

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 10:59:39 PM »

The director has gone on record saying that the version released in theaters was not anywhere close to his intended cut. He said that the studio took over editing the movie and locked him out of the editing room as he didn't have any say at all in the final cut.

The extra stuff in the "unrated" version is just stuff they had to cut to avoid an R rating from what I've gathered.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Famous Mortimer
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 07:21:29 AM »

The director has gone on record saying that the version released in theaters was not anywhere close to his intended cut. He said that the studio took over editing the movie and locked him out of the editing room as he didn't have any say at all in the final cut.

The extra stuff in the "unrated" version is just stuff they had to cut to avoid an R rating from what I've gathered.
I imagine they didn't literally lock him out. Imagine him banging on the door, going "let me in, you guys! Don't make my great film into a piece of crap!"

"The rich will do everything for the poor except get off their backs" - Karl Marx
Torgo

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 11:38:26 PM »

I imagine they didn't literally lock him out. Imagine him banging on the door, going "let me in, you guys! Don't make my great film into a piece of crap!"

I'm sure that's not the way it actually went down, but he has said he wan't allowed to take part in editing the movie.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2007, 03:28:10 AM »

This seemed to be a series of fight scenes with no connection other than Milla, the fights were well done and she's a nice looking young lady but at the end of the film I found myself asking "what was that?"  Question

It occurred to me right after posting this that 20 or 30 years from now Ultraviolet could be a favorite of bad movie aficionados, just  something to think about.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 03:31:59 AM by DENNIS » Logged

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2007, 06:17:13 AM »

This seemed to be a series of fight scenes with no connection other than Milla, the fights were well done and she's a nice looking young lady but at the end of the film I found myself asking "what was that?"  Question

It occurred to me right after posting this that 20 or 30 years from now Ultraviolet could be a favorite of bad movie aficionados, just  something to think about.

Exactly. It tries so hard to be cutting edge, that in a few years' time it will look as quaint and dated as a MC Hammer video now. This is definitely a future classic. It has everything: spectacular scenes, B movie queen, stylish looks, not quite up to par SFX, no story to speak of. I bet the kid from 'Thank you for smoking' is already trying to forget he ever was in this one.

Also I liked the way the security forces kept on surrounding suspects and then opened fire.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Famous Mortimer
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 11:56:29 AM »

Re: the editing, sounds a bit like Highlander 2. There's the director's cut released, which still doesn't get round the fact the immortals are apparently aliens, something never hinted at before or since. I don't think the greatest editor in the world could make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Foywonder
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 04:15:05 PM »

ULTRAVIOLET can lay claim to being the one movie I saw this past year that experienced the most walkouts. I was sitting in a seat by the exit and anytime someone left they had to pass in front of me. Over half the audience passed before me before the end of the film, only one or two ever came back.

NOW SHOWING IN FOYEURISM:
GOLDEN BAT - Feast your eyes on the wildest, wackiest, funkiest, Chiba-est Japanese superhero movie you've probably never heard of
B-WARE THE BLOG! - My blog devoted to the schlocktastic!
Jim H

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007, 04:20:27 PM »

Re: the editing, sounds a bit like Highlander 2. There's the director's cut released, which still doesn't get round the fact the immortals are apparently aliens, something never hinted at before or since. I don't think the greatest editor in the world could make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

I thought the director's cut actually completely excised the aliens subplot thing?  I'm going off memory though, as I haven't seen either version in a long time.  I do remember that Highlander 2: The Director's Cut was a HUGE improvement though, probably the biggest improvement I've ever seen in a recut of a film. 
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ultraviolet. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.