Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:52:34 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Childhood most scary movies or scenes « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Childhood most scary movies or scenes  (Read 11543 times)
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 03:29:34 PM »

Do you mean as in "cower down on the floor, behind the seat" scares? Then I have two of them.

"The Fly," when Patricia Owen pulls the sack off of Al "David" Hedison's head, which I saw in the theater.

And "Atomic Submarine," when the Cyclops, or whatever it was, made its first appearance, which I saw on television.
chewbayama6
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 04:07:06 PM »

Back when I was 9, my grandfather rented "Don't look Now". I watched the whole movie (bored out of my mind), and at the end when that old lady? Dwarf appeared, I couldn't get that face out of my head.
Steve
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 04:19:03 PM »

Buggedout When I was about 5 or 6 my great grandmother would let me watch Mothra. I used to get these weird nightmares about a giant moth living in our cross-space. I never fully recovered from that until I was ten, when I realized that, if a giant moth monster ever did attack, it was just as likely that the power rangers would come and defeat it.
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 07:22:08 PM »

pet cemetary.  That girl with the spinal diease.  The thought of her still brings shivers to my... something other than spine.

CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 08:37:43 PM »

i was 4 or 5 around when the second childs play came out (90? 91?)( i know im a youngin) and those goddamn my buddy dolls were still in production (they still showed commercials and stuff) anyway chucky used to scare the s**t out of me, and i can remember one time in particular i was sleepin with my mom on the couch and i woke up to none other than chucky's face laughing at me on the tv screen and i f**kin freaked. i woke my mom up yelling desperatly to change the channel. i dont know who was more scared me or my mother  BounceGiggle

I'm pretty sure everyone who was born in the past twenty years has gone through a faze when Chucky terrified them. I know I certainly did.

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
Torgo

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 08:51:39 PM »

When I was growing up, that part with the evil clown doll in the kid's room in the 1st Poltergeist scared the living sh*t out of me.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2007, 01:27:19 AM »

The "Father's Day" and the "Crate" stories were nowhere as bad as the Cockroach part of Creepshow

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2007, 02:25:00 AM »

The biggest scares I can remember came from 2 really bad movies, I used to go alone to the Saturday matinee at the local theater, I was about 8 or 9 when I saw these movies. The first was Teenagers from Outerspace, silly title, silly movie, goofy looking monster crawdad thing, except at one scene the teenager has this thing in the back of a bobtail truck and a hobo decides to get in and sneak a ride, didn't show what happened to him, just got to hear loud screams and then this cracking popping noise that I assumed were his bones breaking as the space monster tore him apart. The second was Wasp Woman, it wasn't the title character that scared me, it was the alley cat the mad scientist tested his formula on, when he entered his lab and the cat/wasp thing attacked him it scared the daylights out of me. I've seen this movie several times since then and actually the attack was not that spectacular but as a youngster I could really get into these movies. Both of these made the walk home in the evening something to be remembered.  BounceGiggle

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2007, 09:37:50 AM »

The biggest scares I can remember came from 2 really bad movies, I used to go alone to the Saturday matinee at the local theater, I was about 8 or 9 when I saw these movies. The first was Teenagers from Outerspace, silly title, silly movie, goofy looking monster crawdad thing, except at one scene the teenager has this thing in the back of a bobtail truck and a hobo decides to get in and sneak a ride, didn't show what happened to him, just got to hear loud screams and then this cracking popping noise that I assumed were his bones breaking as the space monster tore him apart. The second was Wasp Woman, it wasn't the title character that scared me, it was the alley cat the mad scientist tested his formula on, when he entered his lab and the cat/wasp thing attacked him it scared the daylights out of me. I've seen this movie several times since then and actually the attack was not that spectacular but as a youngster I could really get into these movies. Both of these made the walk home in the evening something to be remembered.  BounceGiggle
[/quote
It's amazing,that these things scared us back in the day.Kids nowadays are so overwhelmed with violent images on TV, what scared us is totally incomprehensible.Even as late as1982, I saw the BEAST WITHIN (1982) at a movie theatre, and the transformation scene where the kid turns into the giant bug-eyed monster,freaked me out( I was 20). Years later,watching it with my son,who was 10,commeted on the very same scene-"Geez,dad,thats so fake."

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
m0ng0l.h0rde
New Visitor

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2007, 09:43:28 AM »

I'd say the movies that have given me the heebie jeebies (or outright scared me) would be:

1)  Prince of Darkness.  Saw this one on HBO one night, and the scene at the end, when the guy is reaching towards the mirror, I couldn't go near a mirror in a dark room for days.  Had to reach one arm into the bathroom, turn the light on, all the time expecting to feel something grabbing my arm....

2)  Jaws 3 (yeah, I know)  I was probably 12-13 when this came out.  Hid behind my knees in the theater seats for some of the shots.  Now, just like the rest of the world, I find it hilarious.

I've never watched a lot of "horror" movies, and my parents wouldn't let me go to see them, or take me to see them, when I was a kid....
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2007, 10:04:25 PM »

The creepy gremlin on the wing in the Twilight Zone Movie.  Especially when he does the "no no no" finger wave when Lithgow's character tries to shoot him. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Bill C.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2007, 10:28:47 AM »

Poltergeist.  The tree.  'Nuff said.

(In a lesser vein, there also was the opening "moonlight swim" from Jaws...still creepy to this day...and, though I was barely a teenager when I saw it, the nuclear detonation scene from The Day After.)
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2007, 07:15:26 PM »

pet cemetary.  That girl with the spinal diease.  The thought of her still brings shivers to my... something other than spine.
  I forgot about that part in the movie....I have to agree with you on that one...that stuck with me too.  Buggedout

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Marklevitz
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2007, 07:45:13 PM »

Even though it's not necessarily a "scary movie", I always had to close my eyes during the "get her" part in Ghostbusters.
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2007, 12:08:35 AM »

Question I can't think of the "get her" scene.  Is that the very beginning when they meet the librarian ghost? 

The first real scary movie I watched was Nightmare on Elm Street.  I remember having bad dreams where Freddy's long arms would stretch out from his body and he would walk down the street towards me. 

Also, the scene in Pet Semetary when the little boy slices Herman Munster's achilles tendon and then opens up his cheeks for good measure.  Ouch!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Childhood most scary movies or scenes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.