Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:30:53 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My 10 worst films for 2006 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: My 10 worst films for 2006  (Read 16792 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: January 13, 2007, 06:50:42 PM »

Every year, Hollywood always puts out a disappointer or two.  But the way I see it, 99% of every film made every year is bad.  I admit that I am highly critical.  You all know that I rate films by their plausibility and reality flaws.  But most of the time, I rate films by more.  But believe it or not, most of the films I rate as bad I have never seen.  Its usually the trailers of a film that will turn me away.  A lot of my friends have told me I shouldn't judge a film by its trailers.  I have taken their advice before.  But all the time I took that advice much to my regret.  When I saw the few films of the trailers I disliked, I hated the films even more.

For this message, I am giving you my 10 worst films released in 2006.  Along with their titles, I'll give an an explanation of why I rate the film so bad.

Twirling 10:  Over the Hedge.  Yes, I know this movie had some good reviews.  I disliked the trailers for this film.  My sister asked me to take my nephew and nieces to see it.  I couldn't refuse them.  I took them to the Muvico to see it.  I watched only the first 10 minutes of the film and slept through the rest.  It failed to excite or intrigue me.  I was sleeping so deeply that even the occasional laughter of the audience couldn't wake me.
My overall rating for Over the Hedge:  A true snoozing Borefest

Drink 9:  John Tucker Must Die.  I can't think of anything more boring or stupid than a bunch of people wanting to kill a single person.  I have no idea what John Tucker did to p**s all these girls off.  But these girls should have better things to do with their lives than to focus on killing a womanizer.  I feel this film is a rip of Jimmy Smit's Switch.  I think the writer's of this film had a few too many martinis

Buggedout 8.  Final Destination 3.  The first Final Destination was halfway decent.  It should have stayed as a single film like Independence Day.  But apparently, the creators got too greedy and tried to duplicate the success of it.  Honestly, I wish Hollywood would stop sequelizing.  It rarely works.

TongueOut 7.  The Omen.  One thing that I can't stand is plot copies.  The film Rosemary's Baby was a rarity:  a good film.  For years, Hollywood has tried to duplicate on the success of it.  One example was The Omen.  It was an OK film, but not as good as Rosemary's Baby.  It was followed by 2 sequels.   But Hollywood made its worst decision in history by remaking The Omen.  Is Hollywood drying up on ideas?

Hatred 6.  When a stranger calls.  Stupid Stupid Stupid.  I mean, who wrote this film?  Beavis and Butthead?  A young lady getting harassed on the phone by a stranger.  Tries tracing the calls only to find the calls are coming from within the house.  I swear, why are most movie villains all psychopaths?

Hatred 5.  The Hitcher.  I know this film is still bring promoted.  But its promos started last month so this qualifies as a 2006 film.  What makes this film so bad?  Simple.  The villain.  The standard cookie-cut psychopath.  Every murderous villain in every movie is a psychopath.  Everytime I hear the words "I want you to say 4 little words, 'I want to die.'"  I tell him "I want you to say 'I am no different from every other murderous movie villain.  My creators lack imagination so they have to make me a psychopath."

Hatred 4.  Click.  I find this film bad for one reason:  Adam Sandler, the absolute worst actor in the history of film and theater.  Any film that has Adam Sandler in it, even if he is only making a small cameo appearance, I reject.

Bluesad 3:  The Good Shepherd.  The last thing I want to see is a film about the beginning of a distrustful branch of the US government and calling it The "Good" Shepherd.  I have a saying "You can't trust anyone who keeps secrets"  And this saying applies strongly to the CIA.

Buggedout  2:  Black Christmas.  Bad film, Bad idea.  Whoever wrote this piece of garbage should be banned from the film industry.  Making a horror film themed around a time of celebration and joy is wrong.  Simply wrong.

And now for my all time worst film of 2006 and the worst film in Hollywood history.

Hatred  1  Snakes on a Plane.  The absolute worst idea for a film in the history of filming.  Samuel L. Jackson should not have wasted his acting talent on this piece of crap excuse for a film.  The pot-smoker who wrote this film deserves to be hanged.
I have a strong feeling this film will have a sequel called "Piranhas on a Cruise Ship"

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 07:13:12 PM »

WW...

You're no fun when we can agree with you TongueOut. Good job!

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 07:19:49 PM »

I have a strong feeling this film will have a sequel called "Piranhas on a Cruise Ship"

Hope it does. Sounds like a winner. Thumbup

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 07:26:39 PM »

Piranhas on a Cruise Ship
Yes, there are several speculations as to what the sequel to SoaP will be, but really the only one that they will really make is an overhyped (for the genre anyway) direct-to-video "Snakes on a Plane 2" starring some Asylum-grade actors and this time having the mobster be a random psychopath

daveblackeye15

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 07:43:48 PM »

The only one I can disagree with you with (and it's the only one I've actually seen) Is Snakes on a Plane.

It's pretty much intended to be stupid but fun and we're not suppose to take any plot holes in it too seriously. However if it were stupid AND boring then we're allowed to pick at those plot holes all we want.

Oh well you gave your reasons for all the movies. I'm just defending Snakes.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 12:32:43 AM »

I disagree with just about all these (or at least the ones I've seen ) so I'll go down the list

10. Didn't see so I have no opinion
9. I saw, it was bad but not horrible, I get the feeling that you didn't even see it because they never attempt to kill the guy (i kinda wish I did it might have made it move up from just alright to good)
8.Final Destination 3 was an improvement on 2 and wasnt' too bad
7. didn't see
6. didn't see
5. You can't slam a movie you didn't see yet although it does look bad
4. Click was actually one of adam sandlers better films I'd put it up there with wedding singer and punch drunk love
3. didn't see
2. Black Christmas was hilarious (not sure if it was intended to be but I had a good time)
1. Snakes on a plane was genius

why do people make these worst films of 2006 and not include really horrible ones like RV and Little Man?!
Pilgermann

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 03:44:40 AM »

I haven't seen too many films released in 2006.  So here's my 5 worst:

5. Open Season -- Not awful.  Just not very good.
4. Jackass Number 2 -- Yeah, some of it's hilarious, but much is just idiotic or nasty, and it's not something that can hold up on repeated viewings.
3. Barnyard - Some parts were cute, some were funny, but's it's a poor production overall.  And the bulls had udders for cryin' out loud!
2. Failure to Launch -- Zooey Deschenel was the only good aspect.
1. Click -- HOLY JESUS, this was an atrocity.  I actually like Adam Sandler, but this was just a painful and mixed up film.

Disappointments: Cars, Silent Hill, X-Men: The Last Stand, and to an extent, The Fountain (I was very hyped to see it but kind of bummed at how unremarkable it was).

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 05:57:47 AM »

99%? And they say Theodore Sturgeon graded on a steep curve.

Bluesad 3:  The Good Shepherd.  The last thing I want to see is a film about the beginning of a distrustful branch of the US government and calling it The "Good" Shepherd.  I have a saying "You can't trust anyone who keeps secrets"  And this saying applies strongly to the CIA.

Emphasis by me.

Your saying might as well be a good summation of the main theme of the movie. Trust was the first casualty of these men trying to do what they thought was their duty and  responsibility. Betrayal was the one constant of the story. Their arrogance about the country being "theirs" was an interesting insight into the mindset of a certain subset of that class. I liked the film for the reasons you seemed to hate it.

SoaP sequel idea: Scrambled Eggs on a Toast.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Steve
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 06:26:06 AM »

There is, either a total ripoff or by bizarre coincidence, a straight to video film called Snakes on a Train, about a girl who gets on a train with a snake somehow inside her, and it lays eggs and....well, you get the idea. I admit, I did go to see SoaP in the theatre, and I actually did enjoy it (I'm co-president of what used to be* the camden county college B-film society and have seen much worse) but a ripoff is going too far.

* Its not official anymore, but we still get together and watch stuff from time to time.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 06:48:33 AM »

Your presidency sir! I can safely confirm that SoaT was indeed a ripoff. It was released by Asylum.

CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 09:23:10 PM »

Every year, Hollywood always puts out a disappointer or two.  But the way I see it, 99% of every film made every year is bad.  I admit that I am highly critical.  You all know that I rate films by their plausibility and reality flaws.  But most of the time, I rate films by more.  But believe it or not, most of the films I rate as bad I have never seen.  Its usually the trailers of a film that will turn me away.  A lot of my friends have told me I shouldn't judge a film by its trailers.  I have taken their advice before.  But all the time I took that advice much to my regret.  When I saw the few films of the trailers I disliked, I hated the films even more.

For this message, I am giving you my 10 worst films released in 2006.  Along with their titles, I'll give an an explanation of why I rate the film so bad.

Twirling 10:  Over the Hedge.  Yes, I know this movie had some good reviews.  I disliked the trailers for this film.  My sister asked me to take my nephew and nieces to see it.  I couldn't refuse them.  I took them to the Muvico to see it.  I watched only the first 10 minutes of the film and slept through the rest.  It failed to excite or intrigue me.  I was sleeping so deeply that even the occasional laughter of the audience couldn't wake me.
My overall rating for Over the Hedge:  A true snoozing Borefest

Drink 9:  John Tucker Must Die.  I can't think of anything more boring or stupid than a bunch of people wanting to kill a single person.  I have no idea what John Tucker did to p**s all these girls off.  But these girls should have better things to do with their lives than to focus on killing a womanizer.  I feel this film is a rip of Jimmy Smit's Switch.  I think the writer's of this film had a few too many martinis

Buggedout 8.  Final Destination 3.  The first Final Destination was halfway decent.  It should have stayed as a single film like Independence Day.  But apparently, the creators got too greedy and tried to duplicate the success of it.  Honestly, I wish Hollywood would stop sequelizing.  It rarely works.

TongueOut 7.  The Omen.  One thing that I can't stand is plot copies.  The film Rosemary's Baby was a rarity:  a good film.  For years, Hollywood has tried to duplicate on the success of it.  One example was The Omen.  It was an OK film, but not as good as Rosemary's Baby.  It was followed by 2 sequels.   But Hollywood made its worst decision in history by remaking The Omen.  Is Hollywood drying up on ideas?

Hatred 6.  When a stranger calls.  Stupid Stupid Stupid.  I mean, who wrote this film?  Beavis and Butthead?  A young lady getting harassed on the phone by a stranger.  Tries tracing the calls only to find the calls are coming from within the house.  I swear, why are most movie villains all psychopaths?

Hatred 5.  The Hitcher.  I know this film is still bring promoted.  But its promos started last month so this qualifies as a 2006 film.  What makes this film so bad?  Simple.  The villain.  The standard cookie-cut psychopath.  Every murderous villain in every movie is a psychopath.  Everytime I hear the words "I want you to say 4 little words, 'I want to die.'"  I tell him "I want you to say 'I am no different from every other murderous movie villain.  My creators lack imagination so they have to make me a psychopath."

Hatred 4.  Click.  I find this film bad for one reason:  Adam Sandler, the absolute worst actor in the history of film and theater.  Any film that has Adam Sandler in it, even if he is only making a small cameo appearance, I reject.

Buggedout  2:  Black Christmas.  Bad film, Bad idea.  Whoever wrote this piece of garbage should be banned from the film industry.  Making a horror film themed around a time of celebration and joy is wrong.  Simply wrong.

And now for my all time worst film of 2006 and the worst film in Hollywood history.

Hatred  1  Snakes on a Plane.  The absolute worst idea for a film in the history of filming.  Samuel L. Jackson should not have wasted his acting talent on this piece of crap excuse for a film.  The pot-smoker who wrote this film deserves to be hanged.

I disagree on SoaP and Click, but the others, yes, they were pretty bad. Here's my worst films of 06:

5) The Barnyard- Bulls with Udders. Nuff said.

4) RV- Robin Williams, what the hell were you thinking?!

3) Eragon- Come on, you know someone was gonna say this eventually.

2) When a Stranger Calls- Fun Fact: Most people, especially fans of the original, don't like crappy PG13 remakes of classic films. So dammit Hollywood, stop making those!

1) Snakes on a Train- I know this went direct to video, but honestly, this film is utter garbage! There's barely any snake-on-train action in the whole damn thing, and the little there is was mostly dull and boring. 1 out of 10 Snake-Free Trains.

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
Foywonder
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 11:56:19 PM »

But believe it or not, most of the films I rate as bad I have never see.

Lookingup

NOW SHOWING IN FOYEURISM:
GOLDEN BAT - Feast your eyes on the wildest, wackiest, funkiest, Chiba-est Japanese superhero movie you've probably never heard of
B-WARE THE BLOG! - My blog devoted to the schlocktastic!
daveblackeye15

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 12:43:32 AM »

Waitaminute. I didn't see that,Foywonder.

At least I can honestly say that Eargon stole way too much from Star Wars.

So did you really see Snakes ona plane or what?

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
otisberg77
Dedicated Viewer

Costa Del Lex. Luthorville. Marina del Lex. Otisbe

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 04:03:26 AM »

X3 was very disappointing, had Brian Singer been allowed to come back to do it who knows what may have been made, though funnily enough Superman Returns was pretty disappointing too, talk about plot holes, sheesh!

I had to watch Click on a plane flight to the US, my gawd what a terrible film!! I hate the character Sandler always plays, the loveable nice guy who everyone loves, am I the only person who thinks every character he plays is a psychopathic violent a***ole?

I also saw Cars on the same flight, Pixar have finally made a stinker!!

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 05:02:23 AM »

I loved X3.
Matter of fact, I found it to be the most entertaining of the three.
There's just something about Singer's direction that doesn't sit well with me.
(excluding "The Usual Suspects")

I thought the first X-Men movie was just OK and the second was also just OK. 
The first two took themselves way too seriously.
The third didn't...and was really fun!   Thumbup
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 07:50:33 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My 10 worst films for 2006 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.