Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:30:46 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Paintball - mostly about markers « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Paintball - mostly about markers  (Read 28150 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 09:18:43 AM »

The really quiet spyder that TJ had resulted in one of my amusing paintball stories.  It was when TJ had just gotten his gear.  To get him started and give him experience, a couple of us went out to play.  We laid out normal rules for him, including minimum engagement distance, and played several games.  During one of the games, it was TJ and myself against three or four of the others.  We put him under a holly tree at the base of a pile of dirt (fairly large) and I was playing a mobile firing point from the dirt pile.  The others assaulted us.  During the game, Steve ran up and managed to make it into the dead space I couldn't cover by fire, which was right were TJ was setup to cover.  Steve started taking fire and didn't know where it was coming from (TJ under the tree).  He dropped to the prone right in front of TJ, intending to crawl under the holly tree and come up on my side.  He saw TJ at the last second and yelled, "Wait!"  TJ shot Steve in the top of the head.  Steve was ready to kick TJ's butt.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 03:45:38 PM »

When paint ball was just becoming popular in California the company I worked for set up a game between the retail and the wholesale divisions, none of us had ever played before so all the gear was furnished by the guys who ran the game. The marker they furnished came with a holster and was basically a large hand gun with a 10"-12" barrel, co2 cartridge in the grip and a ten shot magazine under the barrel, fired double action so you could empty the marker real quick, and it was fairly accurate to about 10-20 yards. Only thing mentioned about engagement range was don't shoot people in the head from up close and always keep your safety goggles on. Each team had 24 players, the wholesale division people also had a yard manager who was a major in the California National Guard, he naturally took command of their team, in the first game of Capture the Flag he put out op's to make sure there would be warning of our approach, and then set out with a group that had scouts and flank guards, all very military. On the other hand the group I was with sort of took a vote and decided that since we knew about where their flag would be we would all just charge over there in a group and take it, we all took off, ended up running single file down a trail which was assumed to lead to the other side's flag, and for some reason most of us were laughing while we did this. Young man named Dwight had been assigned op duty and he spent a good amount of time finding just the right spot to watch his area of responsibility, failed to notice that there was a trail right behind him and that for all intents and purposes he had no cover at all on that side, Dwight hears us running and laughing and concentrates on the view of a trail about 25 yards to his front, we of course came by on the one behind him, everybody on the team shot Dwight at least 4 times from a range of about 4 - 6 feet, could hear him yelling "Ok I'm dead, you sob's stop shooting me". From neck to waist, front and back he was covered in day-glo pink paint and because he was wearing just a green cotton tee shirt he was also pretty bruised up. Sorry to say that every one thought the "Pink Blob" as he became known was the funniest thing they'd ever seen, we actually took pictures of him and were quite happy to show customers how he got that name.  BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 03:48:23 PM by DENNIS » Logged

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Paintball - mostly about markers « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.